Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Team Skull has to have taken some inspiration from Shia Le Beoufs "Just do it"

I think they're hilarious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of the events in the demo was today, I went into the demo to check it out. Thought it'd be getting more items to send to the main game, it was just a lady swooning over a Machamp!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Angron wrote: »
    One of the events in the demo was today, I went into the demo to check it out. Thought it'd be getting more items to send to the main game, it was just a lady swooning over a Machamp!

Yeah same as, 1st thing this morning I went on hoping for something good (coz I missed the 1st one!), to be fair that Machamp was a ride!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw on a few Youtube videos that the base stats have been leaked from the game and a lot of people are disappointed. Apparently there's not a lot of speed.

Hopefully the fears prove overblown. I'm still very excited about this game.

• Advertisement

I saw on a few Youtube videos that the base stats have been leaked from the game and a lot of people are disappointed. Apparently there's not a lot of speed.

Hopefully the fears prove overblown. I'm still very excited about this game.
    Full playable copies of both games have leaked. Speed is down on starters but from the bit I've played the whole game seems much more fleshed out than previous iteration's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Out today everywhere except Europe, only realised that on Monday :rolleyes:

Meant to be on switch next year too.

Seems to be reviewing well

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

This weekend is going to feel so long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Pre ordered from Smyths, had the day off, planning to play it all day without leaving my house.

2 o clock and my game hadn't arrived, tweeted them and they said the bar code fell off my order and a replacement was being sent.

What a joke, cancelling my order and buying elsewhere, another few days wait for me to play! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Mine got posted there a few days ago from amazon. But ASENDIA is posting it so that basically means i am never getting the game as the last 4 games i ordered that was posted via ASENDIA never came. Great i am thinking of buying one in town this evening as i know it wont come :/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Mine got posted there a few days ago from amazon. But ASENDIA is posting it so that basically means i am never getting the game as the last 4 games i ordered that was posted via ASENDIA never came. Great i am thinking of buying one in town this evening as i know it wont come :/.
    Amazon only shipped my order today, I pre-ordered months ago :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Only realised today it was out. Downloading now.

Got my living Pokedex about 55% completed last generation, so hopefully this is the game that will see it done :D

I got it today in GameStop having pre-ordered it. I was told I was right to do so as demand was big. Dunno if I was told a porky about that or not...

Gonna get stuck into it after I watch the football tonight.

I'm getting Pokémon Moon off Santa (just like every other normal 27 year old! :p ) So I'm gonna try and hold off reading too many spoilers between now and Christmas morning. The wait for Christmas is gonna be as long and tough as it was when I was a kid.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm getting Pokémon Moon off Santa (just like every other normal 27 year old! :p ) So I'm gonna try and hold off reading too many spoilers between now and Christmas morning. The wait for Christmas is gonna be as long and tough as it was when I was a kid.......

Stop I'm the same! I usually import from day one but this year I'm playing the waiting game because my roommate is getting me either sun or moon!

MFW the very first wild Pokemon I encounter is a Pichu

385.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just about to start my fourth trial and I have only one issue with the game so far. Spoilers coming if you didn't play the demo or haven't gotten very far into it yet.

I hate this call an ally thing wild Pokémon can do now. It makes sense for the Totum Pokémon but now every wild Pokémon can do it. If they could do it once per battle, it would be fine, but it's infinite. I got stuck in a loop with a Psyduck earlier who apparently has a lot of friends. Hold Back got him down to 1HP. Called an ally. Chip Away one shots the ally. The original uses an attack, then calls another ally. Chip Away one shots the ally. The original uses an attack and calls another ally. This went for 11 turns before he ran out of friends to help him and I could finally throw a Pokéball.

Otherwise I like almost all the new features. The apparent removal of HM's is long overdue even if Surf was a good attack. The ability to choose if the newly caught Pokémon (or egg) goes to your PC or your party is great. Showing the Pokédex after an evolution is something they should have included years ago. Rotom seems a bit pointless but it isn't a negative in any way. Healing status conditions without items is very handy. Calling ally's too often is my only complaint thus far.

Glad I decided to pick Popplio in the end. He's adorable in Refresh.

I had return to Arkham preordered. Was shipped by ASENDIA. Got a refund the other day because it still hasn't arrived over a month later. Make sure you email their customer service with any orders you never got. They refunded me without a single question. I had Sun preordered also but cancelled it and put in a new order with GameStop instead. Got it yesterday about 11am. More expensive but Amazon isn't worth the risk now that they are using ASENDIA more and more. I'd rather pay the extra now and firstly actually get my order, and secondly get it either on release day or the next day.

Is there some carry over or reward for previous games?

Just hit the first Pokemart, and have 35,000 coins to spend :S

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Just my luck, my delivery's been assigned to Assendia. Well, at least I have an Alpha Sapphire that needs finishing.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is there some carry over or reward for previous games?

Just hit the first Pokemart, and have 35,000 coins to spend :S
    Yeah, I thought it was unusual to have that much. I remember the games used to just give you 3000 to start with.

Anyway, my impressions:

I'm loving the games. The death of HMs is welcome, though I kinda wish I could zoom around on Charizard like I could Latios/Latias in ORAS. The trials are a pretty decent change from the gym system (not that I disliked that before). I like the new forms for the originals, and the new pokemon are interesting enough that I still haven't fully settled on my main team. The call for help system is an interesting mechanic, I just wish it was limited because having it happen several turns in a row is extremely tedious.

Finished 4 trials, my team is currently Torracat, Charjabug, Crabrawler, Lycanroc (Midnight), Mudsdale, and Marowak. I may replace either Lycanroc or Mudsdale, because a weakness to water is kinda hammering me right now.

• Advertisement

Anyone see any shinies yet? I've had no luck so far. Been having a lot of battles in this game too because I hate fleeing from battles and these things keep calling allies. As a result, my team is way too strong for the AI opposition. :pac:

Quite liking the soundtrack of this game so far. I'm currently at that ranch place.

I wasn't aware Butterfree was in this game (one of my favourites) so it was a pleasant suprise to run into a Metapod which I've since evolved.

In previous games, there was a thing that let you see if you had caught all of the available Pokemon in a specific area. Is there anything like that in this one? :(
    I wasn't aware Butterfree was in this game (one of my favourites) so it was a pleasant suprise to run into a Metapod which I've since evolved.

Yeah, I was the same with Ghastly & Abra. Running the two of them in my team at the moment as a nostalgic nod back to the good old days :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It doesn't have that no :( I liked that system too.

All the islands have specific pokedexs though so its a little narrowed down

Dropped Crabrawler and Charjabug, turns out the areas you have to get to evolve them aren't until late game so it's not worth carrying them along for me right now. Replaced Charjabug with a Raichu, and I've left the 5th slot open until I find something else that interest me. Was going to bring the sandcastle, but I already have enough water weaknesses.

The day care doesn't level up Pokemon anymore! My wallet is thankful :D

If anyone would like the Pokérus, I appear to have gotten it in my game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im enjoying this so far but am I the only one who thinks there is just way too much talking/waffling going on? Every 2 minutes somebody wants to have a lengthy conversation with me and all I want to do is battle and level up my guys.

Give me a long road with 20 trainers in a row please like in the old days.

As a wrestling fan, it kinda bugs me that they called Incineroar's Z-Move Malicious Moonsault when it doesn't do a Moonsault for the move animation :pac:

Kirby wrote: »
    Im enjoying this so far but am I the only one who thinks there is just way too much talking/waffling going on? Every 2 minutes somebody wants to have a lengthy conversation with me and all I want to do is battle and level up my guys.

Give me a long road with 20 trainers in a row please like in the old days.

Yeah, it's waaaay more story oriented that previous games.

• Advertisement

I am still waiting for mine 7 days later. I have got others from amazon that where ordered after in the mean time .... I do wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I am still waiting for mine 7 days later. I have got others from amazon that where ordered after in the mean time .... I do wonder

Mine just arrived yesterday, pre-ordered 2 months ago. 2 other copies that we ordered at the weekend arrived at the same time.
    My tracking didn't update either from Wednesday until it was delivered on Monday.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Mine just arrived yesterday, pre-ordered 2 months ago. 2 other copies that we ordered at the weekend arrived at the same time.
    My tracking didn't update either from Wednesday until it was delivered on Monday.

Nuts isn't it ?. Today is my last due day if its not here by 12pm it is lost me thinks. As my Bioshock, Forza and Gears 4 went missing ..... All using you know ASENDIA ............ All had to have another copy sent out.

When Amazon use An Post properly or DHL or UPS the stuff comes early ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's a package for me in the post room at work since last night. could be Pokemon Moon steel book. Could be a Furby. Oh god I hope it's not a fecking furby....

Edit : I think it was both. I have mixed emotions. Now if you'll excuse me I have to buy this Moon steelbook a bacardi breezer and see if I can get the shift, it's beeeeeeautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Thats what you continually make new amazon prime accounts for.

Thats what you continually make new amazon prime accounts for.

Wish it was that easy for me i get 20% off orders so i wont get that with new account all the time ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Shooby

For those that have played, how would you say this ranks next to previous games, particularly X/Y? Considering a purchase but not sure.

Shooby wrote: »
    For those that have played, how would you say this ranks next to previous games, particularly X/Y? Considering a purchase but not sure.

I have played about 3 hours so far.

Its quite a big change i am finding it form Pokemon X. At the base its still pokemon but it fells very different from pokemon X. It fells more like a proper RPG then before. There a lot more talking i mean a lot more talking.

I am shocked at the size of the game so far and i am still on the 1st island. It looks very good for a 3DS game as well.

I would say buy it if you like pokemon. As the end of the day a pokemon game is always fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shooby

Cool, I will give it a shot then. Thanks for the reply!

Shooby wrote: »
    Cool, I will give it a shot then. Thanks for the reply!

I think it can be got for 35 euros of CD keys for a digital copy thats where i got mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I've played 34 hours and think its pretty great.

• Advertisement

Kinda disappointed at the Kommo-o line. They gave it a fighting typing, but then gave it no good fighting moves. That just turns the typing into a hindrance with the x4 fairy weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I cannot beat Mimikyu for the life of me!

I've beaten the Elite 4 now, it was fairly easy. Finished up with a team of Incineroar, Raichu, Lycanroc, Kommo-o, Greninja, and Lunala. Now to start breeding stuff to make a run at the post-game areas :pac:

I've beaten the Elite 4 now, it was fairly easy. Finished up with a team of Incineroar, Raichu, Lycanroc, Kommo-o, Greninja, and Lunala. Now to start breeding stuff to make a run at the post-game areas :pac:

How did you manage to beat Mimikyu, any tips?

IIRC I paralyzed it using Raichu, and then kept hitting it with rock slides from Lycanroc. Got a fair bit of para-flinch hax.

IIRC I paralyzed it using Raichu, and then kept hitting it with rock slides from Lycanroc. Got a fair bit of para-flinch hax.

Just caught a Pichu, gonna get his friendship up and evolve it to Pikachu and then use the stone for Raichu, cheers man.

Absolutely annihilated Mimikyu with Skarmory!

Just hit the forth island. Running with Arcanine, Snorlax, Umbreon, Raichu and Decidueye. Had Alakazam in the party till Raichu got psychic. Snorlax survives cute of Hold Back, which makes him great for catching stuff.

Leaving the sixth slot free at the moment to help low levels grind out exp to level up, for the pokedex. Should probably look to add something properly ahead of the E4 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm at the elite 4 now.

In truth, I'm a little disappointed. Firstly, there is just way too much talking going on. Far too much waffle. The localization is the best it's ever been but the game is just obsessed with conversations.

Secondly, the game is too easy. I was told by early players that this was a much harder game, "blacked out for the first time in years!", and so on but I havent experienced that at all.

Haven't lost a single fight the entire game and there are still way too many trainers with only a single pokemon to fight with. Give them all 4 or 5 pokemon and suddenly it becomes more of a challenge surely?

My team isn't overlevelled and I'm using some objectively "weak" guys like Dugtrio but I've smashed everything anyway. The totem pokemon I guess are supposed to be challenging but you just Z move their weakness and they die so....I dunno.

I've played all the pokemon games and the only ones I ever lost a battle in were Black and White 2. This is much easier than that. There is a balance between easy mode hand holding and the super competitive IV pros you find in pvp. They need to find that balance.

I'm told post-game there is a battle place where you fight classic trainers from previous games so I'm hoping that provides a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm at the elite 4 now.

In truth, I'm a little disappointed. Firstly, there is just way too much talking going on. Far too much waffle. The localization is the best it's ever been but the game is just obsessed with conversations.

Secondly, the game is too easy. I was told by early players that this was a much harder game, "blacked out for the first time in years!", and so on but I havent experienced that at all.

Haven't lost a single fight the entire game and there are still way too many trainers with only a single pokemon to fight with. Give them all 4 or 5 pokemon and suddenly it becomes more of a challenge surely?

My team isn't overlevelled and I'm using some objectively "weak" guys like Dugtrio but I've smashed everything anyway. The totem pokemon I guess are supposed to be challenging but you just Z move their weakness and they die so....I dunno.

I've played all the pokemon games and the only ones I ever lost a battle in were Black and White 2. This is much easier than that. There is a balance between easy mode hand holding and the super competitive IV pros you find in pvp. They need to find that balance.

I'm told post-game there is a battle place where you fight classic trainers from previous games so I'm hoping that provides a challenge.

I've found it much more difficult, but I've also turned off the exp share occasionally throughout the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement