Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ghost of Tsushima. 7 Days. I am excite.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I'm grateful for the very kind and supportive people I have in my life. That are there for me no matter what, it means a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

That Pat in the Gentleman's Club will be sending me a big delivery of fragrances on Tues...happy smelly fool that I'll be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

There is nothing more beautiful than first plate of new spuds of the year, fresh from the garden, gently steamed to floury balls and then liberally dosed with proper butter and a bit of salt. Nom nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The finale of both The Secrets She Keeps and The Trouble With Maggie Cole are on tonight.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pussy eh :P

Ming showed a lot less and he got castigated :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Decided to give the new Chef Chip Shop Curry sauce a go. Glass bottle of course. It's grand, would need to be heated to get the full flavour, but suppose that's why it says to pour it on the chips, rather than to the side.

However, when mixed with your favourite garlic mayo, oh yes! Happy is not strong enough a word! Just need a good word to describe the combo now... Gurry? Carlic? Curlic? Garry?!

Home made, makey-uppy soup, using all the veg that was, er, getting close to its use by date. Plus 50gm of nice strong cheddar cheese. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Steak for dinner later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Fruitcake :)

I'm slowly coming out of 'cocooning', tomorrow my eyebrows will be tamed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Love it when you go to get a supermarket trolley, and you find one sitting free that doesn’t need a Euro to liberate it.

Eamonn Ryan asleep in the Dail today was pretty funny.

Decided to give the new Chef Chip Shop Curry sauce a go. Glass bottle of course. It's grand, would need to be heated to get the full flavour, but suppose that's why it says to pour it on the chips, rather than to the side.

However, when mixed with your favourite garlic mayo, oh yes! Happy is not strong enough a word! Just need a good word to describe the combo now... Gurry? Carlic? Curlic? Garry?!

At first I thought ew.. but I'm intrigued now :o I may try some Gurry next time I'm having chips! It may even be my next TH :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Legoland. Was booked for August but cancelled when the virus hit. No email about them still being open etc. Just the money refunded straight away .
    You can't buy that goodwill.

cj maxx wrote: »
    Legoland. Was booked for August but cancelled when the virus hit. No email about them still being open etc. Just the money refunded straight away .
    You can't buy that goodwill.

When you do get there eventually, you'll love it. Stay in Windsor, it's a stunning place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The walk home after work on a day that precedes your day off. Walking home, knowing you can relax, stay up a little bit later if you want, and having a whole day to yourself the following morning.

I have a bottle of whisky at the ready for when I go home Monday night, knowing I'm off for the next two days.

After 8 continuous days it's gonna feel sooo good.

I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cheeseburger later on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Live hurling back on tv...
    Fair sick of soccer at this stage..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th hearing three little meows and I looked around and then Out of nowhere lucky appears on the wall and rolls on her back :3 😸😃.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The Mighty Leeds back in the premiership!!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The At Home Princess Bride video I just saw. I've watched it about five times in a row. Love it so much.

https://www.facebook.com/373220536088341/posts/3022848077792227/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My favorite watch that I’ve had for about 6/7years... died on me last month. It’s a really lovely kinetic Swatch Irony... it had been sitting in a drawer for a couple of months, I took it out, put it on, wore it and shook it but a couple of days later, nada, watch is broken seemingly, worn to bed, all day and night for days, but nada... not working... it’s glass see through at the back and all movements move but who knows... this be it

Swatch-Watch-BODY-SOUL-YAS100G-Rare-Mechanical.jpg

last week I spent a good few quid and I purchased online and received a new watch, I’m really liking it, a citizen, stylish and comfortable... before bed last night..I just put on the Swatch for the craic to see if it would work, on me 10 minutes, I go to take it off, it’s working again ! This morning it’s a-ok too... weird, happy and got watches, result.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ordered breaded scampi and haddock gougons and when I went to pay was told they were on the house!

IMG-20200718-172503.jpg

God that looks good

Strumms wrote: »
    God that looks good

Here's the thing.
    I don't really like seafood.
    My niece and her husband have started a new business venture.
    I said I better call to support them and they refused to take money.

Yes it was fabulous and fresh as you'll get anywhere.
    I'm after being converted.
    Will definitely be eating from there again
    This was the menu

IMG-66f2c03e71f60079b455e4ca94182b93-V-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

That looks delicious. Best of luck to them. It's not near Kildare is it?

That looks delicious. Best of luck to them. It's not near Kildare is it?

Cheers, no, down the bottom of the country.

• Advertisement

I like the ‘all made to order’ tag line, it’s important... I changed chipper about two years ago... been using the same one mostly for 25 plus years but they had a change in ownership from an old Italian family who retired and sold up to a younger brother and sister operation... two young insincere little money grabbers.... prices went up immediately and the quality and portions down way down... chips were often reheats and you knew by the speed of you getting a burger or fish that often they’d been pre cooked and just reheated.... texture rubbery too... new place I’m going to is brilliant though gotta be said.

Advertisement