Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Visiting the Burren today. I had a good time there

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the very nice lady in front of me in dunnes this morning handed me a €10 off voucher. every little helps. no wait, that is tescos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

the very nice lady in front of me in dunnes this morning handed me a €10 off voucher. every little helps. no wait, that is tescos :)

Better value beats them all.

To thine own self be true

branie2 wrote: »
    Visiting the Burren today. I had a good time there

Leo was there too, did you see him?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No, I didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Went for my first sea swim in a million years (well, in Ireland) today and had a chipper chip butty for dinner. Sublime.

Ireland is just brilliant when we get the weather, I went to 2 beaches today and everyone was just having a great time,loads of picnics, small shops and chipvans /icecream vans were busy ,it was like the old days, I think covid has make a lot of us realise that sometimes the simple things really are the most enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ireland is just brilliant when we get the weather, I went to 2 beaches today and everyone was just having a great time,loads of picnics, small shops and chipvans /icecream vans were busy ,it was like the old days, I think covid has make a lot of us realise that sometimes the simple things really are the most enjoyable.

What covid will do is that, it’s helping realign our values back to the more important things like our friends, families, sport, health, being healthy, exercise, our enjoyment of life... the days of putting up with workplace bs and 50 hour weeks are at an end.

True that :)

On not exactly a TH (for shame:p) industry etc has to keep going apace to supply the small shops with food and goods, and to keep chipvans in chips and diesel and that type of thing :pac:

My TH: seldomness; wouldn't be happy about recent weather if it was good all the time. Tis wonderful :D

Neighbours dropped in home grown strawberries. Absolutely divine.
    You quickly realise the muck that's sold in shops when you taste fresh strawberries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Neighbours dropped in home grown strawberries. Absolutely divine.
    You quickly realise the muck that's sold in shops when you taste fresh strawberries.

Apply that to 99% of fruit and veg. I'm chuffed with my tiny wild strawberries, also absolutely divine. :)

New Home wrote: »
    Apply that to 99% of fruit and veg. I'm chuffed with my tiny wild strawberries, also absolutely divine. :)

My dog ate mine! He reckoned they were delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Did a big grocery shop yesterday and was wrestling my way out of the store with about 4 stone worth of shopping, halfway down the street when a woman came running after me with my mobile phone in hand. I'd left it behind in the trolley.

Seems like such a small thing but I have a little holder on my phone with all of my bank cards, my drivers license etc. I live on my own and was thinking about how truly fcuked I'd have been if it wasn't for this good samaritan - no phone to call the banks and cancel my cards, no way of contacting anyone etc. Thank god for kind honest people!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th as some women say "got ma hurrr did" :pac: after 4 months growth, I left a bit length to it as I like it longish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Why is that O'Tuathail on the radio again!?

Why does he get so much air time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sheep26

cuddles and peaceful sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Why is that O'Tuathail on the radio again!?

Why does he get so much air time.

Methinks you're in the wrong thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Figuring out how to fold up one of those pop up tents. It’s guesswork every time but still makes me happy when I get it. I’m

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was mooching about looking for a snack and found a pack of Jaffa cakes. RIP :)

I saw the ISS pass over tonight for the first time ever. I was like a child when it came into view bang on its scheduled time. I even waved up and said 'hello Bob and Doug'. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

After over two weeks without internet I finally have it and it's my birthday! Wooooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH for intelligent conversation

Happy Birthday Phoenix32 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Being in and around water. Rivers, lakes, the sea you name it...

I went kayaking for the first time this evening with some of my work friends on a lake nearby. It was so enjoyable and just what I needed. Just to sit in the middle of the lake listening to the birds and the lap of water against the kayak feeling the sun on my face. It was heavenly.

I was in Mayo a couple of weeks ago visiting family and my cousin and I went swimming in the sea every morning. I forgot how much I loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I found my bottle opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Was in Dunnes and found a box of cakes I haven't had since I was a nipper, blackcurrant sundaes. Its of those childhood things you associate with happy memories. I bought a box and can't wait to try them later. This is the highlight of my year so far :)

After really stressful 18 months/2 years......finally life starting to get on track

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of the seemingly million shops I was in today, had put scent into their anti vital gel.

It was a lovely scent, that hasn't set off my allergies.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Finally after 5 months, tomorrow I will deRapunzel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This is my 5000th post.
    It's only taken me 10 years .

Advertisement