Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

cj maxx wrote: »
    This is my 5000th post.
    It's only taken me 10 years .

Congratulations

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A story on Facebook about two dogs successfully recovered by guards, from the scum who stole them. One man was pictured after being reunited with his dog. It was so heart warming. His dog was gone about 4 weeks.

TH that today is my last day in work for over a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A work colleague bought me a bar of chocolate :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    A work colleague bought me a bar of chocolate :)

What kind of chocolate auto ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What kind of chocolate auto ?

A big bar of galaxy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    A big bar of galaxy :)

They deserve a raise!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

When you come up for breath after a hectic work week and realise that it's friday and nearly fun time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

RMAOK wrote: »
    TH that today is my last day in work for over a fortnight.

I had that feeling on Friday 10 July.

Back to work on Monday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

A story on Facebook about two dogs successfully recovered by guards, from the scum who stole them. One man was pictured after being reunited with his dog. It was so heart warming. His dog was gone about 4 weeks.

Scum of the earth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Finally got refunded by aer lingus for flights that were cancelled on March 25th.

I had that feeling on Friday 10 July.

Back to work on Monday.....

My sympathies.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oi! Isn't this supposed to be the happy thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    Oi! Isn't this supposed to be the happy thread?

No backseat modding. :P

Bad Newie. :D

Posting that is my TH.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It was an innocent question asked by an innocent bystander, Mr Ted, Sir. I wouldn't dare.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

who could be mad at that face.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Good friends - a TH I think I’ve mentioned here more than once before. I’ve had an awful week both professionally and personally, and I seriously considering cancelling a long-planned Skype with one of my best friends last night in favour of wallowing on my own misery. Decided to go ahead with it, and it was the best thing I could have done - my friend spent the first half an hour listening to me and talking me through all the stresses, and then the next 2.5 hours talking to me about entirely inconsequential things and trying to make me laugh (lots of puns). I signed off feeling a lot better. So maybe partly a TH, but mostly a trivial comfort knowing their are people I can talk to and who care about me when I’m not doing so great.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No backseat modding. :P

Bad Newie. :D

Posting that is my TH.

Mod

Brother tedo banned for being a big bully towards fellow cat lover homeo :-P :pac:

Just watched The Big Lebowski for the first time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Boss just emailed to say, that we can bring our dog/dogs into work until the dog napping has died down.
    Not trivial, but a small gesture that makes us feel valued.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Mod

Brother tedo banned for being a big bully towards fellow cat lover homeo :-P :pac:

I knew you were my favourite mod for a reason, Seph!! :p

5f0850a141cc5_ixd2ab4p43v41__700.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

blade1 wrote: »
    Just watched The Big Lebowski for the first time ever.

A great classic!What did you think of it?

New Home wrote: »
    I knew you were my favourite mod for a reason, Seph!! :p

5f0850a141cc5_ixd2ab4p43v41__700.jpg

That pic is a little disturbing.The eyes speak of a cuteness but the claws speak of a painful death!

"I am adorable, but don't mess with me".

A great classic!What did you think of it?

Excellent.
    Coen films are very hit or miss with me.
    Probably why I never watched it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hearing the rain outside, and realising that I won't have to water the flowers! Very lazy, I know.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    who could be mad at that face.

I could but then I'm a prick!

Hearing the rain outside, and realising that I won't have to water the flowers! Very lazy, I know.

What flowers do you have planted?I'm a bit simplistic I have loads of Marigolds for the bees.a few Orchids and Morning glories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Be right back

What flowers do you have planted?I'm a bit simplistic I have loads of Marigolds for the bees.a few Orchids and Morning glories.

Hydrangeas, camellia, lilies, herbs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My boyfriend watched the entire musical Hamilton with me! This is a huge TH because he HATES the music with a passion (because I'm always "squaking" it). He actually stayed awake and kind of enjoyed it!! Yay!!!

Advertisement