Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have spent 2 hours and 40 minutes crying my way through Hamilton on Disney+. Absolutely phenomenal!!! My favourite show ever and I'm so delighted I got to see it again. My dream is to see it on Broadway!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That would absolutely sicken you.
    Imagine of you'd just paid out, no questions.

I know PM , sad thing is , some people probably do exactly that .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I know PM , sad thing is , some people probably do exactly that .

Insurance companies love that. No hassle for them and s huge inflated premium.....

RMAOK wrote: »
    Insurance companies love that. No hassle for them and s huge inflated premium.....

Huge is right , it definitely pays to ring around , all it takes is an hour or so of our time .

On topic , TH I got three books today .

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

My dad loves to go to the pub on a Saturday night to meet up with a few of his friends that he doesn't see all week, enjoy a few pints and a packet of peanuts. Even with the pubs reopening, he and his buddies aren't going as they don't want a meal.

Would he take the shirt off any mans back after the few peanuts though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Digging the new potatoes. They can't cook quick enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Eating out this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Eating out tomorrow...date with OH.Hes looking delicious himself.

This is a strange one but it does give me a giggle.

When a poster who dislikes me thanks any kind of response I receive that disagrees with me, or if someone posts something slagging me, you know a jokey kind of post, and that gets thanked by them too :D

People are gas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

New candle just lit. Gorgeous.

• Advertisement

This is a strange one but it does give me a giggle.

When a poster who dislikes me thanks any kind of response I receive that disagrees with me, or if someone posts something slagging me, you know a jokey kind of post, and that gets thanked by them too :D

People are gas.

I have to admit , I agree with you , it seems very petty indeed . It's as if they don't realise they're doing it themselves tbh :)

TH ,
    That I'm content with my lot and the ups and downs of life :)

I have to admit , I agree with you , it seems very petty indeed . It's as if they don't realise they're doing it themselves tbh :)

TH ,
    That I'm content with my lot and the ups and downs of life :)

And maybe they really do actually disagree and aren't being weird but I dunno. The spidey senses do be tingling all the same.

And maybe they really do actually disagree and aren't being weird but I dunno. The spidey senses do be tingling all the same.

It would be a bit sad for a first thought to be that someone is deliberately thanking a post that disagrees with our own opinion just to annoy us though .
    Each to their own .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Latte, homemade version, and a piece of chocolate. Looking out at the pouring rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This weekend, I got to see one of my children for the first time since March.
    Although we chat at least once daily by phone, there's nothing quite like having a really tight hug.

I am easily pleased. 😁

It would be a bit sad for a first thought to be that someone is deliberately thanking a post that disagrees with our own opinion just to annoy us though .
    Each to their own .

I am a bit sad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hot chocolate and chocolate cake earlier on in Bunratty

I am a bit sad :D

Oh dear ... :pac:

Oh dear ... :pac:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Been able to travel to meet people and go to a pub and have food and drinks is a massive TH for me today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

New candle just lit. Gorgeous.
    I read that firstly as new candle Justine. I thought you named your candles. :D

It got me thinking about all the things in my home I have named. I call the clothes horse Trojan because it's just a cheapy Argos yoke but does trojan work because I always fill every line on it and it hasn't broken yet. I call my kitchen The Red Light District, not for any sexy reasons, but just because I have a red microwave, toaster and kettle. I call the cabinet where my plates and bowls are Duck Egg Central because they are all duck egg colour. I call the washing machine The Veteran because it's seventeen years old and still going strong. And I call the chest freezer The Cadet because it's only a few months old and is directly across from the The Veteran so I like to imagine that he gives The Cadet advice on how to survive for a long time.

I am very odd but at least I amuse myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

I read that firstly as new candle Justine. I thought you named your candles.

Just about to light Barbara here. :D

Just about to light Barbara here. :D

Wick ed...😂

Wick ed...😂

Not enough facepalms in the world Duvet..... really I loved it though :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It got me thinking about all the things in my home I have named. I call the clothes horse Trojan because it's just a cheapy Argos yoke but does trojan work because I always fill every line on it and it hasn't broken yet.

A Trojan Clothes' Horse? How many Greek soldiers can you fit in it? :pac:

Wick ed...��

:D

I read that firstly as new candle Justine. I thought you named your candles. :D

It got me thinking about all the things in my home I have named. I call the clothes horse Trojan because it's just a cheapy Argos yoke but does trojan work because I always fill every line on it and it hasn't broken yet. I call my kitchen The Red Light District, not for any sexy reasons, but just because I have a red microwave, toaster and kettle. I call the cabinet where my plates and bowls are Duck Egg Central because they are all duck egg colour. I call the washing machine The Veteran because it's seventeen years old and still going strong. And I call the chest freezer The Cadet because it's only a few months old and is directly across from the The Veteran so I like to imagine that he gives The Cadet advice on how to survive for a long time.

Maybe I will, from now on. :D

New Home wrote:
    A Trojan Clothes' Horse? How many Greek soldiers can you fit in it?

I want to know where Helen is *bites nails really fast in anticipation* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Maybe I will, from now on. :D

You could name them after some bright spark or an ol flame.
    Oh, or Ruby Wax :D
    Just thought of another one...
    Joe Wicks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I had my first pint of Guinness since March last night. It was glorious.

• Advertisement

I got a 6 pack tayto variety pack and there was an extra smokey bacon in the bag. This happened around a month ago aswell and it was smokey bacon that time too. Result! 

Advertisement