Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

Well if you had a box of cats, who else would you send them to?!? :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭gifted

That we had decided early this year that we weren't having a foreign holiday so didn't book flights.......I'd hate to be trying to get a refund now

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"The Machine" in the prison forum.

I'M GOING TO THE PUB FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

What's that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

What's that?

This is not the place to be discussing other posters without their ability to input.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    This is not the place to be discussing other posters without their ability to input.

Just to be clear i was not discussing another user. The Machine is not a banned user in the prison forum. It is a conceit invented by the admins. Ask Mike_ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Back at Mass today after three months

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Chicken casserole for dinner. Well, I have to make it yet, but TH! Perfect for a wet and miserable day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Persepoly

If you have a problem with moderation take it to feedback please, do not derail this thread with it. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Hair chopped, grey roots gone, I'm human again!

And a beautician appointment tomorrow to get my eyebrows done. Tis the small things that make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm about to send the most unprofessional e-mail in my career (but mine are always grand, so that's not hard). I got an e-mail earlier and I've think the only way I can respond to it is in that Father Jack sarcastic tone. The person asked a question like "What is the function of a bread-making machine?". Eh...for making bread. But I'm quite happy to tell them, rather than my usual diplomacy. :)
    on TV. it is on every day on the Horror Channel at 3PM. if you watch it today Maya wont be in it. They are on season 1 and she didnt appear until season 2
    I watch it sometimes too. It's good and bad. :D

Ah, I was a bit too nice! :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And a beautician appointment tomorrow to get my eyebrows done. Tis the small things that make the difference.

See, that's the upside of looking like Worzel Gummidge 365.25 days a year - a lockdown won't make a blind bit of a difference to you, in fact you'll get lots of compliments for not letting it affect you. :D

I'm about to send the most unprofessional e-mail in my career (but mine are always grand, so that's not hard). I got an e-mail earlier and I've think the only way I can respond to it is in that Father Jack sarcastic tone. The person asked a question like "What is the function of a bread-making machine?". Eh...for making bread. But I'm quite happy to tell them, rather than my usual diplomacy. :)

I watch it sometimes too. It's good and bad. :D

more bad than good. yesterday it had sentient trees that forced Koenig and Maya to fight for their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh excellent , it's a great feeling getting your hair done , lovely boost !

Must get my eyebrows done too here , otherwise they'll look like slugs :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Was in the library today for the first time since early March . We got a lovely welcome and the books were all organised and lots of new books
    No seating or lingering but it was lovely to feel a little bit normal again

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

My favourite coffee place in west London is open again. I honestly feel like crying with happiness :):o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Getting my hair and beard trimmed at the hairdressers today after the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

cj maxx wrote: »
    Sigmund Freud disagrees :)
    You're not 1 type Widdershins, you're 3 types rolled into 1

And what would they be?

• Advertisement

I haven't been wearing a jacket to work for the past few months because I didn't need to, with the good weather. I did The other day, and because of the nature of my jacket (not very breathable) I needed to hang in up so I invented a coat-hanger...by moving a transducer 50mm.

Today I just realised, after hanging it on the same transducer, that I actually have a real coat-hanger that I have never used. :pac: :confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

An open air supper with friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Hooked

After months of lockdown... the van (VW camper) is packed, new awning is to get it's first pitch, chicken is in the oven (for dinner later) and the dogs are gone to kennels (they usually come with us)...

I came into work early - so at around 4pm - we are HEADING WEST!

And I could care less about the weather!!!

FRREEEEEDDOMMMMM!!!!

Hooked wrote: »
    After months of lockdown... the van (VW camper) is packed, new awning is to get it's first pitch, chicken is in the oven (for dinner later) and the dogs are gone to kennels (they usually come with us)...

I came into work early - so at around 4pm - we are HEADING WEST!

And I could care less about the weather!!!

FRREEEEEDDOMMMMM!!!!
    I'm jealous, sounds fantastic, enjoy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A box full of the sweet stuff arrived this morning, I was on my last bag imagine :eek: along with a new book on python "Conceptual Programming with python" :3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just finishing up work in seaside hq, its grey,wet and windy.
    Cant wait to hit the path for my 10 mins exercise segment.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

After getting an exorbitant insurance renewal quote this morning, TH that a few phone calls later , it is now half the quote given !

bitofabind wrote: »
    My favourite coffee place in west London is open again. I honestly feel like crying with happiness :):o:o

When 'West End Girls' comes on radio.. Great song :pac:

"and you think you're mad, too unstable,
    kicking in chairs and knocking down tables." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My dad loves to go to the pub on a Saturday night to meet up with a few of his friends that he doesn't see all week, enjoy a few pints and a packet of peanuts. Even with the pubs reopening, he and his buddies aren't going as they don't want a meal.

He really misses having a small packet of peanuts to wash down with a pint and he doesn't like the bigger packs. So unbeknownst to him, I ordered two boxes of small peanuts and they arrived today. Perfect timing for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    After getting an exorbitant insurance renewal quote this morning, TH that a few phone calls later , it is now half the quote given !

That would absolutely sicken you.
    Imagine of you'd just paid out, no questions.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement