Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

general feing on the photography forum is to save your money.
    nothing Google, practice and joining A camera club won't be teach you.
    the forum offers a lot of help as well.

University of Youtube. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Try and find some like minded people near you and go out shooting with them. You will learn loads and it will encourage you to get out.

I've only owned a DSLR for 2 months but found a local, informal, camera group and gone out with some of them umpteen times in those few weeks and have learnt loads, even though I'm still much a beginner. Even going out for an evening with 3 or 4 people and not getting any decent shots is still very enjoyable.

YouTube is great as well for learning. But just get out and start taking shots and learn as you go. I've had a fantastic 2 months with my camera(as has my wallet!) so far and am wondering why I didn't buy one sooner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

The 1.8 50mm is undoubtedly the best investment you will make for this camera, as working with a prime will teach you about depth of field control, the prevention of facial distortion etc. Plus it will deliver stunningly sharp shots that go far beyond the price point.

Also: If you're looking for a walkaround lens that can deliver both wide angles and good longer focal lengths for portraits, whilst still being able to deliver nice shallow depth and field, the Tamron f2.8 17-50mm is another excellent investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Did I see one of you lads trying out his new 1100D in town today up past trinity? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Damn this thread. It's kickstarted my want/need for a DSLR camera. Should of really went for the 1100D though. Really good price, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another deal like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Is it worth paying the extra £5 for the sansdisk extreme or Lexar professional 400x over a sansdisk ultra sd card? (All 16gb) Would a novice like myself notice any difference between the cards?

Any recommendations for a decent bag for the camera?

lindtee wrote: »
    Is it worth paying the extra £5 for the sansdisk extreme or Lexar professional 400x over a sansdisk ultra sd card? (All 16gb) Would a novice like myself notice any difference between the cards?

Any recommendations for a decent bag for the camera?

I thought the only difference between them is the transfer speeds when copying files etc. A better brand would be a bit more reliable too such as Sandisk, but in terms of the actual camera I don't think it makes a difference. I'm no photographer so I could be wrong but I thought the better the Class, the faster you can copy the files.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers mk..

.. marked as 'Unexpired' and update link in OP with new one.

I was gonna hold out and go for one of the newer models, but as it's my first DSLR I decided on this instead to get started with. Just changed my mind this morning. Thanks Basq and muppetkiller i'll be ordering now :D

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it DubDJ.. once you start taking a few shots, you'll be hooked.

Was all set to try and get some shots last night of the super moon.... but couldn't see it at all with the clouds last night in Sligo. Was gutted! :(

I was thinking the same last night. It's been outside my window the past two nights and looked amazing. Perfect opportunity to test out a new DSLR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Sold out already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Got it...

Crash course here I come!!

Anyone recommend a bag?

Gar

Can't believe I have missed this again :mad:

Barr wrote: »
    Can't believe I have missed this again :mad:
    Keep an eye on the Canon outlet on Ebay... it's appeared on either 4 or 5 different occassions in the past 10 days.

Basq wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the Canon outlet on Ebay... it's appeared on either 4 or 5 different occassions in the past 10 days.

Will do .I have the seller added to favourites. When I logged on to ebay there was 6 available. Then I refreshed and they were all gone in about a minute: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

gar wrote: »
    Got it...

Crash course here I come!!

Anyone recommend a bag?

Gar
    See my post earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

g0g wrote: »
    See my post earlier in the thread.

Cheers

must have missed it

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Quick question about using parcel motel for this (in case it comes back again):

Do I need to set both my ebay and paypal address to the PM one in Belfast? I've used PM before but not for ebay only amazon.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Quick question about using parcel motel for this (in case it comes back again):

Do I need to set both my ebay and paypal address to the PM one in Belfast? I've used PM before but not for ebay only amazon.

Thanks!
    As long as your Paypal shipping address is Parcel Motel (as below on Paypal receipt), you should be fine..

5ETJ4y.jpg

I wonder will ebay let me confirm the purchase if my address is in Ireland and it only ships to UK. I'll probably just set both to the PM address to be safe.

With PayPal you actually can't change your country of residence once you've set up your account. So your not able to add the Parcel Motel address to your PayPal account. All you can do is add it to your eBay. I did that and still have my normal address on PayPal. On eBay I selected the Parcel Motel address I added and it's down as shipping to that on the PayPal receipt.

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Yeah, think that's been there all along.. Inquitus bought one of those earlier in the thread just before the £175 one re-surfaced!
    DubDJ wrote: »
    With PayPal you actually can't change your country of residence once you've set up your account. So your not able to add the Parcel Motel address to your PayPal account. All you can do is add it to your eBay. I did that and still have my normal address on PayPal. On eBay I selected the Parcel Motel address I added and it's down as shipping to that on the PayPal receipt.
    No, you definitely can have multiple addresses on Paypal including those not in your country of residence.

6WF3ET.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jokeman

Basq wrote: »
    ...No, you definitely can have multiple addresses on Paypal including those not in your country of residence....

6WF3ET.jpg
    Can I change my PayPal address to another country?

No. Due to banking regulations, you can not change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account. If you maintain residences in 2 countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Premier or Business account. https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=10475&topicID=11400024&m=TCI

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You're only adding a delivery address.

I tried adding a new delivery address yesterday and it wouldn't let me change the country to the United Kingdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You change your address before you pay going through the eBay checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Yeah, in case it helps:
    1. You don't go to add new address in Paypal - it won't allow the UK address
    2. When you click 'buy it now' or 'pay for item' on eBay, you go through the eBay checkout.
    3. Here you get a choice of what address to use. (OR, as in this case, an error message saying the product can only be delivered to the UK - please input a new address).
    4. Enter the UK address as per Basq's instructions above
    5. This will transfer accross to Paypal - and you now have your UK address to use via Paypal whenever you want

Advertisement