Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/sdsecuredigital.html#Capacity=8GB&page=0

I did have 16 and 32 gig cards but found myself getting lazy in transferring photos over to the PC. 8gb cards solved this problem. :D

which of the Integral or Transcend is best for these cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

jay0109 wrote: »
    which of the Integral or Transcend is best for these cameras?

Not much in it TBH, but that Transcend card boasts faster transfer speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just collected my camera an hour ago. Excellent service from Parcel Motel. It came extremely well packaged, and the camera itself was well protected. Not a scratch on the camera or any of the accessories. Camera was a little dusty and the screen was smuged, which I'd imagine wouldn't be the same with a brand new model, but everything is working fine.

Took a few snaps on automatic and mostly they are coming out grand, close ups not so good in auto. Started reading Understand Exposure last night and got to a point that needed the camera so I stopped. Gonna keep going with that and hopefully understand manual a bit better. Loving the camera so far :)
    2w6f310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

DubDJ wrote: »
    Started reading Understand Exposure last night and got to a point that needed the camera so I stopped
    Tis an excellent book too..

.. finished it a few nights ago. A very quick read, but very rewarding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Basq wrote: »
    Tis an excellent book too..

.. finished it a few nights ago. A very quick read, but very rewarding!

were do I get the book?

• Advertisement

were do I get the book?
    Amazon.. or get the e-book elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Amazon.. or get the e-book elsewhere.
    thanks. bookdepository.co.UK have it for €12.70

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

My camera arrived. Unfortunately it has a fault, albeit an intermittent fault! Now i have the hassle of reboxing and shipping costs to the UK. Argh!!:mad:
    Error below, have tried cleaning contacts, lookup on the web seems to point to a board fault , strange it wasnt picked up when refurbished.

260225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

Balls I have an error too

Err 30

:-(

2 in a row?

Jaysus.. that ain't good!

EDIT: Saw this tip on Flickr to solve Err 30.. might be worth a shot:
    1/ Take the lens off and fit the body cap
    2/ Select Sensor cleaning
    3/ Select Clean manually
    screen should now say ' Mirror will lockup. after cleaning sensor turn power switch to OFF'
    4/ Select OK and leave for a few seconds then switch off.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear lads, all that excitement and then it turns up broken. That's a real pity. Is there any chance of a free repair from an authorized canon dealer in Ireland?

Also you can pick the ePub of Understanding Exposure on iTunes. I'm sure Google and Amazon have a similar priced version. I'm reading mine on the iPad.

2 in a row?

Jaysus.. that ain't good!

EDIT: Saw this tip on Flickr to solve Err 30.. might be worth a shot:

Cheers but no such function on the camera.

Will call them in the morning. ..

gar wrote: »
    Cheers but no such function on the camera.
    Sorry, here's the instructions.. worth a shot!

---

Was just messing with an increased shutter speed taking a photo of the kitchen tap with water running..

4AsiYQ.jpg

Kinda cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got mine this morning

Came with the 75-300mm too. Do I need to go and buy another lens now ? Or will this do for most?
    I have spare battery ordered, case and SD card.

jamesd wrote: »
    Got mine this morning

Came with the 75-300mm too. Do I need to go and buy another lens now ? Or will this do for most?
    I have spare battery ordered, case and SD card.

No 18-55?

No just the one lens in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Kinda cool!

Its very cool, but you don't need to worry about copyright yet methinks! ;)

No just the one lens in the box.

You should have one lens in with the Camera box and one on it's own in a seperate box.

Inquitus wrote: »
    You should have one lens in with the Camera box and one on it's own in a seperate box.

No just the one lens in total, I better email the seller.

Edit - I'm blind. Thats what I get for posting from beside the office without half checking. Yes 2 lens - wow!
    The other lens was not in a box just wrapped inside the main camera box.

That's a great deal, effectively a free camera. :D

• Advertisement

Its very cool, but you don't need to worry about copyright yet methinks! ;)
    Ha.. i've Lightroom doing that automatically on export! :D

Sorry, here's the instructions.. worth a shot!

---
    Cheers,

Tried that and no joy.
    Going to email them today.
    Their feedback on ebay is not great on returns...
    There is a Canon service place in Dublin 8, I'd love if they pointed me in their direction if its an easy fix.

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Brian De Tazzzie

Edit - I'm blind. Thats what I get for posting from beside the office without half checking. Yes 2 lens - wow!
    The other lens was not in a box just wrapped inside the main camera box.

Seriously two lenses ?

I only got one, the 18 - 55. The instruction booklet says that there is a Image Stabiliser switch on it under the AF / MF button, but there isn't actually (on my one at least).

Should I chance my arm and cry to canon about it or did some folks just get lucky with an extra lens for free ??

Seriously two lenses ?

I only got one, the 18 - 55. The instruction booklet says that there is a Image Stabiliser switch on it under the AF / MF button, but there isn't actually (on my one at least).

Should I chance my arm and cry to canon about it or did some folks just get lucky with an extra lens for free ??

There was two 1100D's available on the eBay store. Both refurbished, one was £175 and the other £200. The people who ordered the £200 one seem to have gotten two lenses, hence the price difference. I for one would of ordered the £200 one if I had known about the extra lens but it wasn't mentioned in the description. I'm still extremely happy with the camera though.

Was just in Currys in the pavilions and the dual lense version is five hundred bills lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Seriously two lenses ?

same as that...mine does'nt have a Image Stabiliser button either. What's the story with that?

jay0109 wrote: »
    same as that...mine does'nt have a Image Stabiliser button either. What's the story with that?

The model sold does not have the Image Stabiliser option, the advert does not say it has either. So we got what was advertised.

Was just in Currys in the pavilions and the dual lense version is five hundred bills lol

Wow we have got a great bargain, My Boss in work is into camera's and uses a canon 5d and knows his stuff and he said the kit we got is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Brian De Tazzzie

DubDJ wrote: »
    There was two 1100D's available on the eBay store. Both refurbished, one was £175 and the other £200. The people who ordered the £200 one seem to have gotten two lenses, hence the price difference. I for one would of ordered the £200 one if I had known about the extra lens but it wasn't mentioned in the description. I'm still extremely happy with the camera though.

Ah, that explains it, thanks for that :)

• Advertisement

Jaysus... google "lens fungus" lads, and get some silica gel sharpish! :D

Advertisement