Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

DubDJ wrote: »
    So it's in their hands now. Hopefully be here in the next 48 hours.
    Yeah, it'll be in your local PM very late tonight / early tomorrow morning.
    tdow wrote: »
    It's my first time using parcel motel but it seems to be a great service (assuming everything is in order when I pick it up this evening)
    It's a superb service.. have used it twice alone in the past fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Picked mine up this morning and am very impressed with it. It looks brand new, I'm not sure if it is "refurbished" at all. People were saying the same on HUKD.

Thanks again Basq, especially on the adding the parcel motel address to Paypal/ebay as that had flummoxed me in the past! Great bargain. Can't wait to use it this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

my 600d arrived in pm ni today. won't see it till Saturday though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

my 600d arrived in pm ni today. won't see it till Saturday though:(

600d? Where did you get it and how much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

600d? Where did you get it and how much was it?

It's a bargain alert on Boards too. Check the second page of BA and it's still there.

• Advertisement

Just noticed on HUKD that you can get it new for £230 + €3.50 from Dabs with code PAYPAL20 and it comes with a free 16GB SD card. Not a competing offer by any means but might be useful for anyone who was planning on getting it as a gift and didn't want to risk it not looking 100% (even though it seems to be every time!). Everywhere else seems to be about £250 without the SD card.

Was just checking out my Parcel Motel account. Nice little touch - they take a quick photo of your package and make it available on your account page. Great idea IMO.

Hadn't needed PM before this deal but it's a great service and hope it lasts.

Ordered this bag from Amazon. It is a compact bag which is what I wanted. Cheapest it has been according to camelcamelcamel. Very well reviewed on Amazon.com too. Worked out at £8.71 including the Irish vat.
    919s4htwoTL._SX425_.jpg

Looking for a nice compact bag too lindtee.. that looks the part!

If possible, let us know how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Slightly off topic but they have the 550D up now for £300. Been sitting in my amazon wishlist for a long time. Would have been very tempted if I had not ordered the 1100D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Got txt from PM an hour ago as I was driving by the pick up location so collected it - only ordered it Fri night. Superb service.

Beautiful looking camera and not a scratch on it to be seen. But it's going to take a serious amount of practice to master this- looks fierce complicated.

Now to get the essential accessories...thanks to all for the heads up on this

jay0109 wrote: »
    But it's going to take a serious amount of practice to master this- looks fierce complicated.
    To get a basic start with it (til you read up on it) - put the mode to AV (aperture priority) and make sure lens-switch is in AF (auto-focus) and you just take 20 - 30 shots around the place. Then switch back to MF (manual-focus) on lens, and try some manual focusing on various items close-up.

When you're fully read up or feeling adventurous, you can put the mode to M (manual) playing around with ISO, aperture (f-stop) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I wouldn't bother with manual focus. Single point (centre) auto will do you for almost everything.

jay0109 wrote: »
    Got txt from PM an hour ago as I was driving by the pick up location so collected it - only ordered it Fri night. Superb service.

Beautiful looking camera and not a scratch on it to be seen. But it's going to take a serious amount of practice to master this- looks fierce complicated.

Now to get the essential accessories...thanks to all for the heads up on this

Just got my text now and I ordered mine Monday morning. Great service is right. Very tempted to head out and collect but it'll hold till morning. Excited to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How do the model numbers work on Canon cameras?

Is it anything logical like the higher/lower the number, the better the camera? Is the 500D better or worse than this 1100D?

NIMAN wrote: »

Is it anything logical like the higher/lower the number, the better the camera? Is the 500D better or worse than this 1100D?

the 1100d is entry level. everything else is better.

Seems pretty random to me. I think the only main indicator is the price range. That's the best way to differentiate between them. Canons site does a good job at separating them into sections. Made things easier seeing it laid out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks , but is there a series?

i.e. is the 500D better than the 600D, which is better than the 700D?

Thanks , but is there a series?

i.e. is the 500D better than the 600D, which is better than the 700D?

700 better than 600 better than 500,but then you have the 5d and 7d:).

its easier to look at the price range.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Seems pretty random to me. I think the only main indicator is the price range. That's the best way to differentiate between them. Canons site does a good job at separating them into sections. Made things easier seeing it laid out like that.

No, it's not random. :D

Starting with the entry level;

XXXX
    XXX
    XX
    X

up to pro. Numbers in each band increase with every new model (450 > 500 > 550 > 600 and so on)

No idea about the 100D though... :pac:

EDIT: Chart here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_digital_cameras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, think that's been there all along.. Inquitus bought one of those earlier in the thread just before the £175 one re-surfaced!

Mystery price diff solved, my extra 25 yoyos got me a 75-300 lense.

4w6b.jpg

Inquitus wrote: »

4w6b.jpg

its a nice lens. have it on my camera but will be looking for an is zoom soon for my new one.

Nice one... no harm there at all for €25!

That lens is currently £163 direct from Amazon so I would say you got the bargain of the thread Inquitus! No mention of it at all on the description either.

Edit - The kit that you got has come up for sale a couple of times at a whopping £330 :eek: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS-1100D-Digital-SLR-Camera-18-55mm-and-75-300mm-DC-Lens-Refurbished-/290757662933?clk_rvr_id=494965004573

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5968/4w6b.jpg

Nice. I bought it at £200 yesterday too so hopefully mine comes with it too. I won't feel so bad for missing the lower priced one :D

lindtee wrote: »
    That lens is currently £163 direct from Amazon so I would say you got the bargain of the thread Inquitus! No mention of it at all on the description either.
    Indeed... I'd be half tempted to pick that up on Ebay, and sell on the second 1100D.

EDIT: Never mind.. listing appears to have ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mine arrived today, looks brand new. Now to order more stuff as I don't even have a memory card.

Basq wrote: »
    Indeed... I'd be half tempted to pick that up on Ebay, and sell on the second 1100D.

EDIT: Never mind.. listing appears to have ended.

It will be interesting to see if it was a fluke for Inquitus or if all those who ordered the more expensive one got the extra lens too! (Have to admit that I will be more than a little jealous if they do:o)

lindtee wrote: »
    (Have to admit that I will be more than a little jealous if they do:o)
    I'd say they probably will.. must have been some reason for the price difference..

.. and now we know what.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Mine arrived today, looks brand new. Now to order more stuff as I don't even have a memory card.

http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/sdsecuredigital.html#Capacity=8GB&page=0

I did have 16 and 32 gig cards but found myself getting lazy in transferring photos over to the PC. 8gb cards solved this problem. :D

Advertisement