Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

What's up with that Sunwings plane on FR24 at the moment, it's out over the Irish Sea but took off from Dublin headed out over the west coast and back now headed towards U.K.
    Post-maintenance Test?

They currently have two ferry flights in the air over Southern Europe.

Does their charter season start in May ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Tracking a friends flights from Greensboro to Newark and she's just been diverted to IAD.

I put in a filter of inbound flights to EWR and there loads of planes gone into holding patterns over Richmond and Washington. A couple of others diverting too.

I wonder what's going on or is the holding that far south normal?

The flight I'm tracking is UA4962.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Just happened to be looking at a flight over the UK and saw EY101 on approach diverting to Manchester from out over the Atlantic beyond Iceland. Is Manchester the nearest diversion for an A380 in the Atlantic?

It's a 13 hour long flight anyway and they were on the ground for 4 hours, I hope the passengers got to stand up and walk around on landing...

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

COME

dfx- wrote:
    Just happened to be looking at a flight over the UK and saw EY101 on approach diverting to Manchester from out over the Atlantic beyond Iceland. Is Manchester the nearest diversion for an A380 in the Atlantic?

Fairly certain that crosswind certification for the A380 was carried out in Iceland so that should be the first potential location (depending on weight)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Aircraft don't always need to divert to the nearest airport, often you'll see diversions to other nearby airports if they're more convenient and the situation doesn't warrant an immediate landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

dfx- wrote: »

It's a 13 hour long flight anyway and they were on the ground for 4 hours, I hope the passengers got to stand up and walk around on landing...

Obviously wasn't a medical diversion, they would have gone to Manchester as the closest A380 equipped airport with an Etihad presence already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Shannon has the runway but could it take an A380 at all? Even on a remote stand in an emergency?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Shannon has the runway but could it take an A380 at all? Even on a remote stand in an emergency?
    Air France A380 diverted there last year so it can take an A380 in an emergency

Presumably if it was less urgent they would divert to a more suitable airport where they have ops

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

If it’s a non medical emergency diverting to an airport with suitable company support in place would be preferred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

EI 990 (Dub- Nice) appears to have diverted to Cork just now (14.40) according to FR24.

Comhra wrote: »
    EI 990 (Dub- Nice) appears to have diverted to Cork just now (14.40) according to FR24.

EI990 isn't DUB-NCE

EI990 is a positioning callsign, FR24 consistently mess that one up, throwing all sorts of routes down as done by EI990.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Understandable perhaps, considering that 990/991 has covered most of their European route at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Tenger wrote: »
    Understandable perhaps, considering that 990/991 has covered most of their European route at this stage.

The trials of a computer trying to make sense of something totally random and unpredictable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Does Gold only work in Europe? Can’t see additional features elsewhere like air temp etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Tenger wrote: »

For EI

For EI990/991 thats positioning only.
    For rescheduled flights 1 is placed before the original number
    For extra flights 2 is placed before the original number

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Airbus A380 development test flights used Shannon in 2006 for crosswind and RTO testing.

BA conducted crosswind tests at Shannon with an A380 in 2013 and announced Shannon as it's preferred alternate destination for the A380s and have used Shannon in 2014 and 2016 for an A380 diversion.

In 2017 as already noted an AF A380 made an emergency landing there, I seem to recall an issue after it's fuel dump resulting in fuel contamination of Shannons runway.

Separately, anyone know whatever happened to Emirates plan to send an A380 to Dublin for promotional reasons?

Shannon actually has an A380 compatible airbridge and stand. Recall seeing a photo before of an (IIRC) AF A380 with an attached airbridge, at the last stand.

If USPC is open I'd imagine you'll just be stuck on a remote stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Shannon actually has an A380 compatible airbridge and stand. Recall seeing a photo before of an (IIRC) AF A380 with an attached airbridge, at the last stand.

If USPC is open I'd imagine you'll just be stuck on a remote stand.

Correct.

When it arrived it was put on to a remote stand as it was leaking fuel and all passengers were taken to the terminal. The issue was fixed and the aircraft towed to that stand (42) and the passengers reboarded through an airbridge the next evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

How do you find out when a particular type aircraft is in the air? Say if I wanted to know if an Avro RJ85 was flying over Ireland, how would I get that info on FR24?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

On your FR24 page, select the 'filter' symbol (3rd from the top) on the right side of the page.

From the drop-down menu, select 'aircraft' and type in the aircraft type in the space beside it and click the + sign. A filter is then created with the aircraft type. Then select the 'enable filtering' slider and you should see only that a/c type displayed on FR24.

yqlcF0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

Comhra wrote: »
    On your FR24 page, select the 'filter' symbol (3rd from the top) on the right side of the page.

From the drop-down menu, select 'aircraft' and type in the aircraft type in the space beside it and click the + sign. A filter is then created with the aircraft type. Then select the 'enable filtering' slider and you should see only that a/c type displayed on FR24.

yqlcF0.jpg

That's brilliant, thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

The Faro to Cork flight diverted to Shannon any ideas why? Weather is pretty ok here.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Another ryanair in the hold at cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

WAs up at the airport today and it was very busy. I spent an hour plane watching and had a great time, not much gap between landing and take offs, but the wind was gusting quite a bit and those light airplanes the flight school uses were having epic fun trying to put the planes down on the tarmac.gliding half the runway at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Ops at Dublin were using Rwy34 for a chunk of the afternoon but the wind didn't seem strong enough to justify that. Was there a reason for this? Ops back on 28 now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭Trampas

Tk 11 diverted to Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Noxegon

TK1977 just went around at DUB.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement