Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Coalition boycotts FCP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It is going to be the other groupings CAI, NARGC etc that will hold them to account the Minister is spineless he won't tackle them, then again why would he is getting an anti hunting anti gun agenda pushed through by quislings.

You'd be very seriously underestimating that guy to think he is spineless.Having met him on a couple of occasions,he might look soft, but definitely isnt.TBH he has been neutral throughout this whole palaver since 2013 and has listened to our side and taken the facts aboard. In fairness,if you are a minister with a roving brief and many hats, and you employ a subcommittee to decide whats best for their sport or business, made up of "professionals" from that field and they advocate and recommend time locks on their safes, and no one objects...Are you going to query the recommendation, and start asking about the internal disputes of shooting organisations??
    Think this is now why he is calling to see the colour of everyone's money on the FCP. Plus,were I him I'd be asking to see a breakdown of individual numbers of signed ups,not associated members.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    You'd be very seriously underestimating that guy to think he is spineless.Having met him on a couple of occasions,he might look soft, but definitely isnt.TBH he has been neutral throughout this whole palaver since 2013 and has listened to our side and taken the facts aboard. In fairness,if you are a minister with a roving brief and many hats, and you employ a subcommittee to decide whats best for their sport or business, made up of "professionals" from that field and they advocate and recommend time locks on their safes, and no one objects...Are you going to query the recommendation, and start asking about the internal disputes of shooting organisations??
    Think this is now why he is calling to see the colour of everyone's money on the FCP. Plus,were I him I'd be asking to see a breakdown of individual numbers of signed ups,not associated members.

Ok lets clarify, which Minister?

Current Minster for Justice deffo has a spine..and balls..

Hence S.C of V.I. meeting in Portlaoise last night..

Minister Stanton on the other hand.. I think an MRI might be needed. Just my impression from where I sit..

Dave Stanton is the minister of state with this brief.And the old saying where there is mush there is grit,applies to him.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Dave Stanton is the minister of state with this brief.And the old saying where there is mush there is grit,applies to him.

Good, he might give someone a rocket up the rear, fire a few chancers into line.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

You can only judge someone by their actions not by what they say.
    I imagine he is of the opinion something is not right.
    The fact he has asked for all members to account for themselves and who they represent is a step in the right direction from what i can see.

• Advertisement

solarwinds wrote: »
    You can only judge someone by their actions not by what they say.
    I imagine he is of the opinion something is not right.
    The fact he has asked for all members to account for themselves and who they represent is a step in the right direction from what i can see.

Hopefully all the emails and letters into his office have persuaded him of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

There is something were missing. All the issues with the SC and the FCP and the Minister didnt act the complaints go the Gardai. It suits for the Minister to have the DC atvthe table as they were nodding dogs.

I've heard there is more security **** coming at us, there is a draft paper it will come from the sub committee that they used to screw the small dealer. Also that meeting last night wasn't for the plaebs it was high end usually suspects + invited guests I am led to believe social media got a mention.....

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

There is something were missing. All the issues with the SC and the FCP and the Minister didnt act the complaints go the Gardai. It suits for the Minister to have the DC atvthe table as they were nodding dogs.

I've heard there is more security **** coming at us, there is a draft paper it will come from the sub committee that they used to screw the small dealer. Also that meeting last night wasn't for the plaebs it was high end usually suspects + invited guests I am led to believe social media got a mention.....

Heard the same.

Heard there was some grand strategy from the great minds that are the "future of shooting" in Ireland.

Us peasants better cop on.

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Heard the same.

Heard there was some grand strategy from the great minds that are the "future of shooting" in Ireland.

Us peasants better cop on.

Bad to hear, this lot are going to be as popular as a turd in a swimming pool after all this. What do they hope to achieve ? If the rules and regs become too heavy, a lot of lads will just pack shooting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 plinker66

Sparks wrote: »
    From what I understand, there was an original RFD association (the Irish Gun Trade Association) and the one which is a member of the SC and oversaw the new SI is a new group (I think that's the Irish Firearms Dealers Association, but I may be wrong, it's not really my area).
    I haven't yet met an RFD who's heard of that new group or is a member of it, but I don't know too many RFDs so that could just be sample bias.

It'd be interesting to see why one group was represented on the relevant subcommittee and the other was not...

IFDA set up around the time the original FCP was created(2008.ish). It was later hijacked by some SC members when interest dwindled about 2015/
    IGTA was set up in April 2017 to contest false representation of dealers on FCP.
    Known membership of IFDA:- 2
    Known membership of IGTA;- 55

To date Minister Stanton has refused representation from IGTA to FCP but may do so now that the SI 646 is in place. Dept of so called Justice made sure no interruptions could be caused by dealers to the implementation of the SI. This will no doubt close many smaller dealers. Less competition for the other two. As long as the public keep supporting them, well the ends justify the means

• Advertisement

OK.So what we have to do now is convince Min Staunton that anything coming from this subcommittee is possibly tainted if there is someone from the SC on it. He obviously cant now go back to the Dail and say he is resinding firearms legislation,it's just not done politically or career wise to say that you have been hasty with legislation. So what he has to be convinced of is,there has been a massive boo boo already, but not by his doing, but by a vested interest group in the shooting community,and until everyone shows the colour of their money so to speak,any further recommendations from any sub committee is on hold pending investigation of where people's politics lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

plinker66 wrote: »
    IFDA set up around the time the original FCP was created(2008.ish). It was later hijacked by some SC members when interest dwindled about 2015/
    IGTA was set up in April 2017 to contest false representation of dealers on FCP.
    Known membership of IFDA:- 2
    Known membership of IGTA;- 55

To date Minister Stanton has refused representation from IGTA to FCP but may do so now that the SI 646 is in place. Dept of so called Justice made sure no interruptions could be caused by dealers to the implementation of the SI. This will no doubt close many smaller dealers. Less competition for the other two. As long as the public keep supporting them, well the ends justify the means
    I can’t speak for what’s happening to the gun dealer up the country but here in Wexford nobody goes near the other fella. There’s too many with bad experiences and he has a couple of threads here on boards dedicated to himself. Maybe we’re lucky here and we have plenty of good guys to choose from but that man is not one of them.

I can’t speak for what’s happening to the gun dealer up the country but here in Wexford nobody goes near the other fella. There’s too many with bad experiences and he has a couple of threads here on boards dedicated to himself. Maybe we’re lucky here and we have plenty of good guys to choose from but that man is not one of them.

I was told he had closed up the shop.

OK.So what we have to do now is convince Min Staunton that anything coming from this subcommittee is possibly tainted if there is someone from the SC on it. He obviously cant now go back to the Dail and say he is resinding firearms legislation,it's just not done politically or career wise to say that you have been hasty with legislation. So what he has to be convinced of is,there has been a massive boo boo already, but not by his doing, but by a vested interest group in the shooting community,and until everyone shows the colour of their money so to speak,any further recommendations from any sub committee is on hold pending investigation of where people's politics lie.
    I'm sorry Grizz I'm not convinced that Minister Stanton isnt the problem. If there is any truth that the meeting last night was a strategy meeting and not necessarily an AGM they are actually planning a comeback. They had legal advise last night.

I'm sorry Grizz I'm not convinced that Minister Stanton isnt the problem. If there is any truth that the meeting last night was a strategy meeting and not necessarily an AGM they are actually planning a comeback. They had legal advise last night.

Tainted reputation and leopards spot changing capability springs to mind.But it seems that alot more happened up there than just that??

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Tainted reputation and leopards spot changing capability springs to mind.But it seems that alot more happened up there than just that??

Think about the survey from the FCP. They have to complete that. state how many members you have, what you structure is etc.

Lot of work to do to show you are not a shell organisation.

Fissta and other organisations involved with them would need to give their heads a shake.

Do not give them legitimacy FFS.

As for moaning about social media, here is a tip:

Don't act the bollix and jeopardise the sport of others and you'll be grand..

That is Basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

http://www.sportscoalition.org/sports-coalition-delivers-submission-to-justice-department/

The phrase "now what?" springs to mind in the same tone used when you realise the kids have been quiet for too long and both the cat and a tin of paint are missing...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

http://www.sportscoalition.org/sports-coalition-delivers-submission-to-justice-department/

The phrase "now what?" springs to mind in the same tone used when you realise the kids have been quiet for too long and both the cat and a tin of paint are missing...

Be interesting to see what's in those proposal books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Be interesting to see what's in those proposal books.

Wonder who helped him write them

So they sulk and resign from the FCP last month and now they want to dictate the future of the FCP. What a shower of gob****es, now that’s just pure stupidity, ignorance and arrogance. You are looking at the face of the enemy of the future of hunting and shooting in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 plinker66

You can be sure that if any one has previously entered their name on a petition your name is being used by SC now. I for one am now demanding my name is removed from their records and I intend to inform David Stanton/DOJ of this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

resign from the FCP
    What now?

I bet the other organisations and Associations that go about their business in a normal fashion are going " Aah ****e, I cannot believe I forgot to take a photo as I dropped this in.":D

Feck it, next time I post a letter I better take a pic to make sure that I have done it..but, like, you know, action man style...

Heard that there were 30 submissions in the box, one from each member?;)

Looks to me like the DHL courier asked him to drop a box in since he was going in. Coz no way that box represents legitimate membership.

plinker66 wrote: »
    You can be sure that if any one has previously entered their name on a petition your name is being used by SC now. I for one am now demanding my name is removed from their records and I intend to inform David Stanton/DOJ of this also.
    We didn't call them the sports coalition of vested interests for nothing. They can't afford not to be involved in the dictating of policy, that is how they steer decision making for their own good. They don't represent know one but themselves.

Underlines the problem though. Who at this stage do they actually represent?

Time for any decent Association still attached to do the honourable thing.

Delighted we got this done for all our members. Here is a photo of NARGC delivering recommendations to the Dept of Justice on behalf of their 25,000 members.

berettaman wrote: »
    Delighted we got this done for all our members. Here is a photo of NARGC delivering recommendations to the Dept of Justice on behalf of their 25,000 members.
    Very good....sarcasm and lampooning he can't beat a good piss take.

Money must be getting tight without the NARGC bankrolling their little pet project. You wouldn’t see such a poorly presented document from a first year student, not even properly bound and presented in a tatty old cardboard box. And these are the imbeciles who want to influence and control the future of target and hunting sports on our isle. Whatever’s in that box is only fit for shredding and recycling, not even fit for dog bedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I'm only seeing this letter now.
    Wow, talk about being self entitled!

HuQBNDP.png

Advertisement