Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Coalition boycotts FCP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Now we are getting the hang of it.That's why we have to keep an eye on every parliamentary question, debate and comment by a minister on guns and shooting here.As well as keeping the fCP no matter what...We were Pearl harboured in May 2008 and had plenty of hostile radar blips and our organisations took no heed of it.Let's make sure it never happens again.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Now we are getting the hang of it.That's why we have to keep an eye on every parliamentary question, debate and comment by a minister on guns and shooting here.As well as keeping the fCP no matter what...We were Pearl harboured in May 2008 and had plenty of hostile radar blips and our organisations took no heed of it.Let's make sure it never happens again.

Agree with this.

Boards plays it part as we keep each other informed.

Keep each other motivated to take action when needed.

I know the opposition are watching what we say and do not like it one bit.

Heard we got a mention in a meeting recently ..some lad whinging about treatment on boards.:rolleyes:

Here is an idea, stop acting the maggot trying to wreck the sport of others and then we can all live and let live.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

All what the hell is the story with the fcp and sports coalition. Just got heads up from AMOC. What happened to the unity of purpose and the the bloody leadership. We were united until the stage was some how reset. For God sake who is going to lead. Frankly I am disgusted with the Sports Coalition's position. A grouping that, when unified, delivered serious concession to shooters.. Who stands to gain from such actions? We must not let the FCP disband. Whoever supports this is no friend of shooting sports.

CJ & MT

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

berettaman wrote: »
    Heard we got a mention in a meeting recently ..some lad whinging about treatment on boards.:rolleyes:
    To use an old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Well the same applies on this forum. It's not Boards.ie that has the problem, it's the membership, and that in itself should tell you everything you need to know about these people.

They are upset because we, the members of this forum, have found out something they tried to do in secret and called them out on it. Had they been open, honest, transparent and upfront there would be a very much quieter forum and they would have nothing to worry about. Now they are openly attacking a group that does work for the shooting community for reasons of pettiness, malice or whatever it is that motivates them. How did they think this would play out for them? Did they think anyone would support this. After their actions?

Think for a moment about the attacks on our sport we've found out about in the last say 2 and a bit years:
    • Proposed changes to personal/home security (time lock safes, etc)
    • Banning of a lot of the currently licensed 22lr pistols
    • Banning of semi auto rifles
    • Ban on night time shooting
    • Privatization of deer stalking/hunting
    That is from "OUR" lot and in the last 24 - 30 months. Now we find out they are doing the same thing and also targeting the RFDs and businesses that support our sport.

Frankly AGS and DoJ couldn't do this good a job at trying to ruin shooting sports in Ireland. Its why i personally get so annoyed when i see the NASRPC and other groups supporting the ones proposing/submitting and then agreeing to these changes.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Agree with you on most of that Clivej, but one thing, and it's a little off topic, but what are you referring to when you say:
    clivej wrote: »
    ............ the Sports Coalition's position. A grouping that, when unified, delivered serious concession to shooters...............
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

A grouping that, when unified, delivered serious concession to shooters.
    *cough*bollix*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I think the FCP is a great idea. Any forum that allows the shooting fraternity, the DOJ and Gardai to sit around to discuss and agree positions is positive especially if it keeps us out of court.

However the FCP was clearly hijacked and from that point on seemed to become an avenue for selfservice by vested interests. The SC were obsessed about keeping the NARGC away from the FCP and to **** over the ordinary guy; Why? I really cant get my head around it.

However the FCP was clearly hijacked and from that point on seemed to become an avenue for selfservice by vested interests.
    Exactly.

In keeping with the examples a couple of posts up the FCP are not the cause of this but rather a groups or groups within it. As such the FCP as the umbrella group (as it includes the DoJ/AGS and the other shooting bodies) cannot be held to account for the actions of the minority.

We need to make sure this point is clear and that any anger, outrage, disgust are directed at the guilty party because as you said (and others) the FCP is the best avenue we have to be included. I'd hate for it to be pissed away. We'd be left with no option to sit at the table and other than to having our voices heard we would have no way of knowing about upcoming changes before they appear as happened with the recent RFD SI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

How the hell did this lot (sc) and the "gentleman" at the helm of it get onto the fcp in the first place ? Were they helped onto it by the old guard of nargc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Wexshot1

gunny123 wrote: »
    How the hell did this lot (sc) and the "gentleman" at the helm of it get onto the fcp in the first place ? Were they helped onto it by the old guard of nargc ?

Nothing surer I’d say.
    Can I suggest that people direct their upset and disgust to the relevant people.
    That way the right people might actually take note that the actual legit shooting people in this country are in fact 100% behind the FCP.
    I for one have emailed all my local TD’S and am in the process of doing the same with all Senators.
    If these people don’t know what’s going on they will never be any use to our community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I think the FCP is a great idea. Any forum that allows the shooting fraternity, the DOJ and Gardai to sit around to discuss and agree positions is positive especially if it keeps us out of court.

However the FCP was clearly hijacked and from that point on seemed to become an avenue for selfservice by vested interests. The SC were obsessed about keeping the NARGC away from the FCP and to **** over the ordinary guy; Why? I really cant get my head around it.

Of course the FCP is a great idea. It should be where sporting gun owners their respective organisations and firearms dealers can sit around the table with the DOJ and the Gardai away from media and other hysteria and come to reasonable compromises.

After all is said and done the Irish sporting gun owner is far from an unreasonable creature. We generally just want access to a proper shotgun, rifle or handgun to either shoot targets or hunt. Most would be into a mix of hunting and target shooting disciplines so we would quite likely want access to a few different firearms.

Very few would be looking for anything that raises eyebrows anywhere around the world.

Why do some people then see a need to try and manipulate this forum for their own narrow interests is beyond me. Do they simply not understand that what's beneficial to most will ultimately be beneficial to them as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

CASH CASH CASH

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

To quote Mr Walsh:
    ''I refer here to the issue of night shooting
    and the inherent dangers associated with it.''
    So last year we were spun a line about how it was all a big misunderstanding and we didnt say night shooting was dangerous at all, blah blah blah. Yet we still want to introduce measures to curtail, curfew and restrict it, yet we are the saviours of irish hunting and shooting.
    God help us all with muppets like this trying to represent us or so they say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I said it Already, If there is such a problem with night time shooting and with the fund why oh why are we only being told about it now

The scenario as I see it is this,
    “I want to shoot vermin at night”
    Well Mr ####### you will need to do a course first before getting a permit for that job.
    Oh really and where do I get that permit ?
    Well Mr ####### there are one or two designated ranges which have been tasked with that job and it’ll only cost you €x amount to do it.

Well that’s not going to work is it ?
    No we didn’t sneak that in yet but now that we’ve screwed that up we’ll make all sorts of allegations against the biggest NGO in the country and maybe that’ll take the heat off us and if that doesn’t work we’ll try shaft the dealers to see if we can close a few of them by the back door.

Rant over.

I said it Already, If there is such a problem with night time shooting and with the fund why oh why are we only being told about it now

The fund operated the very same way under the now departed National Director. Are the Sports Coalition saying that there have been problems all those years and it went unchecked under his tenure? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

I just hope the so-called sports coalition and its master, quietly fade away and do no more damage to us.

How do they put it up in the Dail?They should consider their position....And feck off quietly into the night or be damn well thrown out.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    How do they put it up in the Dail?They should consider their position....And feck off quietly into the night or be damn well thrown out.

It’s a well known fact these guys are very well politically connected Grizzly.
    So it’s the usual Irish thing of who you know and how well you know them.
    All we need is a whistle blower and I’d say it would be interesting reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

gunny123 wrote: »
    I just hope the so-called sports coalition and its master, quietly fade away and do no more damage to us.
    thats what concerns me more,
    in some way or another (and we've all know their track record by now)they wont except leaving behind a big "thank you and goodbye" skid mark for us to clean up

• Advertisement

.243 wrote: »
    thats what concerns me more,
    in some way or another (and we've all know their track record by now)they wont except leaving behind a big "thank you and goodbye" skid mark for us to clean up

They are outcasts and pariahs now. If the gardai and government side of the fcp cop on what the sc are about, if they have not already, then they might refuse to talk to the scam coalition and want them off the fcp too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 plinker66

In a correspondence with SC I asked Mr Walsh to withdraw submissions on night hunting.... he claimed to represent 120,000 hunter, and sports people. That is probably you and every other country sports person. Most likely getting his numbers from the petition we all signed some years back. SC have no support to speak of left but they have 4 seats on the FCP. Everyone knows this except Minister Stanton (chairman of FCP) refuses to dismiss them from the FCP so direct your emails to him as I have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Very hard to even imagine where he got a figure of 120,000.

NASRPC has what 19 members? Don't forget the clubs are the members not the members of the clubs.

NARGC at a guess have 28,000 members (going on last number I heard) & they don't even support SC.

As said above is he using the signatures on a previous petition? Hardly a true reflection of their support now?

NASRPC, if they are/were supporting restrictions on night shooting is hardly acceptable? They are a target shooting organisation not hunting.

plinker66 wrote: »
    In a correspondence with SC I asked Mr Walsh to withdraw submissions on night hunting.... he claimed to represent 120,000 hunter, and sports people. That is probably you and every other country sports person. Most likely getting his numbers from the petition we all signed some years back. SC have no support to speak of left but they have 4 seats on the FCP. Everyone knows this except Minister Stanton (chairman of FCP) refuses to dismiss them from the FCP so direct your emails to him as I have

Could we start a "not in my name" type of online petition so mr.walsh gets the message ? I would do it myself, but i would not know how. Maybe someone more computer savvy ?

www.change.org Dead simple to set up and use.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 electrichunter

if i set up petition for say, sports colalition not supported by fieldsports persons ireland it then asks who will recieve info on same petition so will it be nargc or minister for justice , any ideas on same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Straight to the minister!! let us know when it is up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 plinker66

Minister Stanton is currently reviewing membership to the FCP let your views be known to him

Advertisement