Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Coalition boycotts FCP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Has anybody any idea what was in those folders?

The NASRPC are part of the SC. Have they briefed any of their members about the contents of the proposal document?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Has anybody any idea what was in those folders?
    The SC, obviously. Or at least some of them, one assumes.
    And the DoJ now.

Who are FOI-able...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Having zoomed in on the box they don't reflect what was in the 3 little booklets and have a complete separate design.....I stand by my DHL comment.

On an aside, Scuttlebut is they are planking it that they won't get on the FCP. I'm not sure of the veracity of the rumour but apparently one of their largest supporters are looking for representation in their own right, so all not so rosy in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Yeah, scruffy cardboard box is just window dressing.
    Filled with random reams of paper, plus what could be an instruction manual for a printer or some such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

"Honesty and diligence" ? Would they ever take a day off ffs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

gunny123 wrote: »
    "Honesty and diligence" ? Would they ever take a day off ffs ?

:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I received an email this morning from Minister Stanton's private secretary. It gave a brief history of the FCP and said after two and a half years, that now was an appropriate time to review the issue of membership of the FCP, and that he recently chaired a meeting of the FCP solely on this issue. He asked at this meeting that written submissions be made to him on the composition of the panel.

I posted a letter to the minister on the 8th of March, and so far have received no reply/acknowledgement.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I posted a letter to the minister on the 8th of March, and so far have received no reply/acknowledgement.

Better off using email. I got a response within a day or two initially, and now the email this morning.

I received an email this morning from Minister Stanton's private secretary. It gave a brief history of the FCP and said after two and a half years, that now was an appropriate time to review the issue of membership of the FCP, and that he recently chaired a meeting of the FCP solely on this issue. He asked at this meeting that written submissions be made to him on the composition of the panel.

Was it the same letter that I received? I posted it a few pages back.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Was it the same letter that I received? I posted it a few pages back.

Could well be Battlecorp, i had a quick look and could not see it.

Could well be Battlecorp, i had a quick look and could not see it.

It's on this thread alright, put up 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

I got the same one, it was about 10 days coming through though.

Emails to politician's, just like texts (and phones in Garda possession) can be overlooked or lost!

Playing devils advocate here, but whats the next step if the sc are accepted back on the FCP ? If we have lobbied the minister to get rid of them, what if chooses to ignore us and carry on with them ?

Playing devils advocate here, but whats the next step if the sc are accepted back on the FCP ? If we have lobbied the minister to get rid of them, what if chooses to ignore us and carry on with them ?

Unfortunately they are still part of the FCP. For the moment anyway. They boycotted the last meeting but they haven't been kicked out nor have they resigned their positions on the FCP.

We have lobbied the Minister and that's all we can do really. I wrote and said that the SC do not represent me or the majority of shooters, as did a lot of others. I'd guess the Minister will evaluate all the paperwork submitted by the various members of the FCP to see if all organisations are bona fide organisations representing who they claim to be representing. I'd guess shell organisations will be kicked the fcuk out. That's what Id be hoping anyway. All of this is pure speculation on my part of course.

The FCP will probably remain stalled until either the row between the SC and the NARGC gets sorted or until either of those organisations are kicked off the SC. It remains to be seen whether the allegations that the SC made about the NARGC have any substance. Personally I think the SC are clutching at straws with their allegations but I'm not a legal expert.

To quote Clint Eastwood, "It's a clusterfcuk" at a time when we need to be sticking up for each other and defending shooter's interests instead of shooting ourselves in both feet, ankles and knees.

http://www.sportscoalition.org/sports-coalition-calls-for-more-integrated-management-of-irelands-wild-deer-resource/

Have these idiots not heard of the IDMF? And as for calling for compensation for farmers, well thats a whole other can of worms. Who’d pay for that and how would it be measurable? Is this an attempt to cosy up to farmers and keep themselves relevant?

Ignoring the financial aid for farmers, which is a red herring anyway, I wonder what role "The Sports Coalition of Vested Interests " see themselves playing in their proposed scheme of deer management?
    No doubt training courses will feature, and be administered by their members.

They use the phrase "recreational stalkers " several times, and declare these to be an "under utilized " resource.
    Apart from poachers killing deer for sale, every deer hunter is what you might call a "recreational stalkers."
    The number of "professional" stalkers must be miniscule.

So what is their plan? To provide courses for foreign visitors?
    To become a one-stop travel bureau ?

Whatever their latest attempt at legitimatecy turns out to be, it seems unlikely to be to the benefit of the ordinary shooting person on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

http://www.sportscoalition.org/sports-coalition-calls-for-more-integrated-management-of-irelands-wild-deer-resource/

Have these idiots not heard of the IDMF? And as for calling for compensation for farmers, well thats a whole other can of worms. Who’d pay for that and how would it be measurable? Is this an attempt to cosy up to farmers and keep themselves relevant?

And here we go again with the "too many of dem feckin deer about"school of thought! When we have ZERO ideas of the national herd and whether it is diminishing or increasing...
    Going by logic, if there are licenses being handed out like confetti, shouldn't there be less deer in the most damaged areas?

So if the state pays compensation for the damage done by wild deer which are ferae naturae animals, this would mean the State is also laying claim to ownership of them by paying for their damage?Cant see that happening.

BTW , anyone heard how the massive petition handing into all TDs and Senators and resultant media circus went by the SC ???........Me neither!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Wexshot1

It seems to me the SC will try anything to stay afloat.
    They have basically helped to shaft 99% of firearms dealers in the country by feeding a load of tripe to the minister over the past few years.
    Now they want to soften up the farmers to try and get support for their new target namely the deer population in the country.
    You can be sure if the SC have anything to do with any new law making it will end in tears for any genuine shooting man or woman.
    I foresee a lot of new money making opportunities for said organisation.
    Stalking courses / meat handling courses / proficiency courses for new licence holders etc etc
    These will no doubt be run from one or two named ranges or business premises at either end of the country.

I just hope that country sports Ireland don’t row in with these boys or they will lose a lot of support they have at the minute.
    I know several large clubs ready to pull the plug if this is the case.

All this crap is angled at money making for one or two bucko’s that have misled and conned every shooting man and woman in the country.

Rant over.

• Advertisement

Wexshot1 wrote: »
    It seems to me the SC will try anything to stay afloat.
    They have basically helped to shaft 99% of firearms dealers in the country by feeding a load of tripe to the minister over the past few years.
    Now they want to soften up the farmers to try and get support for their new target namely the deer population in the country.
    You can be sure if the SC have anything to do with any new law making it will end in tears for any genuine shooting man or woman.
    I foresee a lot of new money making opportunities for said organisation.
    Stalking courses / meat handling courses / proficiency courses for new licence holders etc etc
    These will no doubt be run from one or two named ranges or business premises at either end of the country.

I just hope that country sports Ireland don’t row in with these boys or they will lose a lot of support they have at the minute.
    I know several large clubs ready to pull the plug if this is the case.

All this crap is angled at money making for one or two bucko’s that have misled and conned every shooting man and woman in the country.

Rant over.

It might be too late. I see the Country sports lads are pushing hard there deer courses even though no training is needed till 2020. It was on there Facebook page.

Is there any relationship between the Sports Coalition and Country Sports Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Interrresting!!
    CSI ran a der stalking course this last weekend at Midlands.One of their comments on FB

"Country Sports Ireland Hi , Coiltte have confirmed in writing to us only a few days ago that Country Sports Ireland’s Deer Stalking Training Course is now acceptable to Coillte for any person hunting deer under licence on Coillte lands.

They tell us that the relevant documentation and the company website will be amended to reflect this position over the coming weeks. In the meantime they are also happy to confirm the new policy position over the phone - and tell me that they have already done so this morning".

"we will be advertising dates for the next courses over the next day or 2. Erin is spot on with cost - €100 for Country Sports Ireland members and €150 for non-members.

Cost of membership of Country Sports Ireland is only €40 for the year and includes outstanding insurance cover for all country sports, discounts on other training courses and events, expert advice on country sports issues and member discount schemes".

Other comments on the thread

still cheaper than hcap which has raised its price to €165 and you will definitely have to purchase the book at €30 or attend the workshop on the morning which is €50. Join Country sports Ireland and have it all done on one day for lot less money. No brainer really.

well worth doing lad. I done hcap but I’d recommend this course over it any day. More informative and better presented. Guys are very helpful as well. All held on same day which is a massive bonus

Sooo it looks like HCAP has competition,and cheaper already and doable in a day.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Wexshot1

It might be too late. I see the Country sports lads are pushing hard there deer courses even though no training is needed till 2020. It was on there Facebook page.

I have it on good authority that the SC are quoting that they represent 120000 people in Ireland.
    Where I hear you ask do they come up with that number ??
    Well I’ll enlighten you,
    Remember a few years back every gun shop and every gun club in the country had a petition which all their members and customers signed to stop the “semi auto ban”
    Well now it seems the SC are using all our data to mislead the minister and other parties into believing that they are a huge organisation with plenty of support.
    Well I for one will be looking for my name to be removed from their list and I will also be informing the relevant people in the justice dept that they don’t have my support.
    If everyone who has been conned did the same these boys would eventually fade away.

Thats a particularly shabby trick to pull. But then again nothing surprises me anymore about this lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Well that's easy debunk. The date on the petition is hardly "current".

Is there any relationship between the Sports Coalition and Country Sports Ireland?
    Sports Coalition need a real shooting organisation with actual members and so they are doing there best to the themselves to the hip with this lot. Shooting clays the weekend and a few lads said they would walk and get insurance else where if they have anything to do with SC. I hear a couple of grounds have insurance with them.

Wexshot1 wrote: »

I have it on good authority that the SC are quoting that they represent 120000 people in Ireland.
    Where I hear you ask do they come up with that number ??
    Well I’ll enlighten you,
    Remember a few years back every gun shop and every gun club in the country had a petition which all their members and customers signed to stop the “semi auto ban”
    Well now it seems the SC are using all our data to mislead the minister and other parties into believing that they are a huge organisation with plenty of support.
    Well I for one will be looking for my name to be removed from their list and I will also be informing the relevant people in the justice dept that they don’t have my support.
    If everyone who has been conned did the same these boys would eventually fade away.
    Politicians dont care....they wont even ask to see the date. It will be up ro the NARGC, CAI, etc to fight that corner. No one wants or needs an organisation who has the best interests of a select few at heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

That is a very good question.

I think the S.C. may be running out of road. (Even some politicians see it for what it is now.)

CSI is the most likely destination for the "personalities" involved.

NARGC and CAI would not be rolling out any welcome mats I think.

• Advertisement

berettaman wrote: »
    That is a very good question.

I think the S.C. may be running out of road. (Even some politicians see it for what it is now.)

CSI is the most likely destination for the "personalities" involved.

NARGC and CAI would not be rolling out any welcome mats I think.

And yet the NASRPC (probably the largest shooting body in the SC) still have their wagon hitched to the SC.

Advertisement