Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Coalition boycotts FCP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

It might be too late. I see the Country sports lads are pushing hard there deer courses even though no training is needed till 2020. It was on there Facebook page.

I don't think it is too late. You always have a choice where you spend your hard earned money.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

berettaman wrote: »
    It might be too late. I see the Country sports lads are pushing hard there deer courses even though no training is needed till 2020. It was on there Facebook page.

I don't think it is too late. You always have a choice where you spend your hard earned money.

And mine will be spent in RFD buying ammo and not being wasted on someones vanity project money making scam.
    Enough of my hard earned money is being milked out of me everyday and im sure as hell not going to be handing over any more so some pr*ck can retire early and destroy yet another sport on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Wexshot1 wrote: »
    Well now it seems the SC are using all our data to mislead the minister and other parties into believing that they are a huge organisation with plenty of support.
    Interesting. Under GDPR, less than a month away, that'd be rather strictly illegal.
    Even under existing Irish law that's a rather... risky action to take, from the viewpoint of legal liability and the duties imposed on a data controller by the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Sparks wrote: »
    Interesting. Under GDPR, less than a month away, that'd be rather strictly illegal.
    Even under existing Irish law that's a rather... risky action to take, from the viewpoint of legal liability and the duties imposed on a data controller by the law.

The problem with existing data protection legislation in Ireland is that there are no realistic sanctions for even the worst breaches of a person's data protection rights. The only offences in the act relate to failure to honour a request from the commissioner, in which case the offending data controller gets told off for being very very naughty and make sure they don't do it again (to all intents and purposes)

While this is true, the GDPR is a very different beast indeed (which is why half the IT world is beginning to panic, especially in light of the recent Schrems 2 judgement in the high court, while the other half of the IT world has been panicing for quite some time already).

However, even under current law a moderate rebuke by the DPC seems in order if data were to be abused in this way, and such a rebuke would make for interesting reading for anyone who had had that data presented to them as proof of representation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Wexshot1 wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that the SC are quoting that they represent 120000 people in Ireland.

Based on the best guess figures that would represent 90%+ of the shooting community.

So unless they represent the NARGC, IFA, NASRPC, and pretty much every other group barring those lads that don't assign to any they are completely wrong and it needs to be pointed out.

Also i don't think they used the petition. 120,000 signatures on a shooting petition is as likely as a gun friendly Minister. Last petition we had here, on FB and in all the ranges got about 6,000 and that took over 4 months.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

BattleCorp wrote: »
    And yet the NASRPC (probably the largest shooting body in the SC) still have their wagon hitched to the SC.
    Yup.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Should we canvass our clubs to write to the Sports Coalition and go on record telling them not to use our names in any attempt to justify there existence, in my case considering the NARGC have left your table. You'd be sick if they got in to FCP on that stroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

Anything stirring ? It seems to be oh so quiet lately !

That would make me nervous too...last I heard countryside Ireland costing up to them or vice versa and the rumour our petitions are being rolled out to prove support and there active membership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Registered as a lobbying organization since December 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Strange that Firearms United [IRL] was turned down from the FCP as an EU-wide and an EU parliamentary registered lobbying organisation.Probably too small,as we only represent 200 million give or take EU wide.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Registered as a lobbying organization since December 2017

Is Des Crofton still involved in the so called coalition? I ask because he has his own company and lobbying is listed as one of the facilities he offers.

By the way only quantifiable and documented answers in the format of yes or no. If you don't know please refrain from answering. Don't want a repeat.

Y'see..THIS is the reason we need EU representation or feedback on whats going on in the EU on legislation... Statement from FU on the directive.

We need to face the fact that many Countries will likely overshoot the deadline.

If that happens, all the EC could do would be to start an "Infringement Procedure" (https://ec.europa.eu/…/applying-e…/infringement-procedure_en) against them, but that's it.

It's a lengthy procedure and is unlikely to start if the number of Countries that overshoot the deadline on the directive implementation is high.

At this point, those of us who are worried that their governments may want to hastily implement the directive in a restrictive or generally bad way[IE Gold plating,quite common in Irish EU legislation] at the last moment should wonder whether or not it's possible to lobby so that their governments will "take their time" in the implementation of the procedure.

If you have any influence on them, remind them that the cost of the financial penalties for the Countries found to be in infringement would still be small compared to the financial cost of a bad implementation.

Ask your governments to formally consider the idea of suspending the implementation until the ECJ ruling, reminding them (if feasible in your Country) that should they adopt a gun law based on a directive later struck down by the ECJ, lawsuits could ensue and national finances would be overburdened with the cost of compensations.

Has anyone mentioned this of the "recognised organisations" at the FCP table to the minister???Somehow I doubt it..But if anyone is reading this of the FCP elite...Please feel free to bring it to the minister's attention and claim the credit too...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Obviously the challenges brought against the firearms directive are delaying implementation, but the DoJE - which AFAIK drafts the directive for Irish law (not 100% on that) is in a bit of a state - didn't the head guy say he was retiring and AGS, who would surely be part of the said drafting are in a bit of disarray at the top level, what with tribunals and a few little mixups with their maths homework.

Personally, I wouldn't trust either of these authorities to write a Santa letter at the moment, never mind transpose a contested EU directive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

yubabill1 wrote: »

Personally, I wouldn't trust either of these authorities to write a Santa letter at the moment, never mind transpose a contested EU directive.

The real danger for us is if the directive is 'gold plated'. In other words that our guys don't include stuff in our legislation that the directive didn't require.

By the way, has that EU directive been passed at EU level?

Yes, it is passed, but it is under an ECJ challenge by Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
    At the moment AFAICS, we have 95% of this directive already in national law, and in a priority of things, it is probably in the lower to do list, with both DOJ/AJS having more important things on their plates...Like 15 missing phones ...

It's still a shambles with the deacts being done in Ireland..No FAAA... The only thing would be the mag bans,but again that would require some definition in law as to exactly what, and how.Something the EU itself hasn't even provided.:rolleyes:

For an orginization that claims to represent 24000 of us, they are very shy of social media. You'd think they'd want to shout it from the rooftops how great they are and engage with their loyal flock. Wonder why theyre staying off the airwaves? Are they afraid of something?

For an orginization that claims to represent 24000 of us, they are very shy of social media. You'd think they'd want to shout it from the rooftops how great they are and engage with their loyal flock. Wonder why theyre staying off the airwaves? Are they afraid of something?

The NASRPC account here on boards.ie is well able to join in discussions whenever it suits them but they promptly disappear whenever anyone asks them simple yes or no questions regarding if they are members of the SC.

I mean, is it a secret? Either they are members and support the SC or they are not. Why not confirm it one way or the other?

Are they members of the SC and ashamed to confirm that they are members?

To be honest, I lost faith in the organisation when they removed the voting rights of shooters and the carry on since regarding the SC hasn't helped restore my faith in the organisation.

http://www.sportscoalition.org/sports-coalition-delivers-submission-to-justice-department/

Anybody able to shed any light what was in the submissions by the SC made to the DOJ back in March?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

http://www.sportscoalition.org/sports-coalition-delivers-submission-to-justice-department/

Anybody able to shed any light what was in the submissions by the SC made to the DOJ back in March?

You can not own a firearm unless you have been vetted by the sc, and bought the gun off walsh.

I write that as a joke, but wouldn't be surprised if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭badaj0z

The NASRPC account here on boards.ie is well able to join in discussions whenever it suits them but they promptly disappear whenever anyone asks them simple yes or no questions regarding if they are members of the SC.

I mean, is it a secret? Either they are members and support the SC or they are not. Why not confirm it one way or the other?

To be honest, I lost faith in the organisation when they removed the voting rights of shooters and the carry on since regarding the SC hasn't helped restore my faith in the organisation.

Same old, same old.

They are running great competitions though.

badaj0z wrote: »
    Same old, same old.

They are running great competitions though.

I don't doubt they are running good comps but their ability to answer simple questions on matters that affect most of us is absolutely sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Good point. Very few associations still in bed with S.C. and fewer still will admit it..

Any word from FISSTA?

I guess there are No cahunas among the rod men either..

Does anyone know anything about Country Sports Ireland? I’ve heard them and the SC had been making eyes at each other and that CSI are looking for representation on the FCP.

I guess alot about positioning themselves and their buddies to maximise financial gain. The Country sports Ireland lads are out selling courses to beat the band on the old HCAP fear, which is not a legal requirement. They even run courses on lamping so I'd say the content of the submission will be all about how we need to be more trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Kind of makes ya wonder how we all managed to get this far without proper guidance and instruction from an expert who learned his craft from google.
    Be interesting to see what I have been doing wrong for over 20 years.

Heard from one if our delegates that the complaints sent to the gardai by sports coalitions chairmen were now investigated and thrown out. Also apparently there's another "Anonomous" complaint doing the rounds. Lads on the floor pissed off...executive told to go on the offensive and nip it in the bud.

^^^^^^^^^

Taken from the hunting forum here on Boards.ie.

If the complaints have been investigated by the Gardai and thrown out, does it make the SC's position on the FCP untenable?

Is there such a charge as wasting Gardai time with these spurious complaints?

• Advertisement

I think that given the nature of the complaints (which I haven't managed to obtain under FOI yet), the effect on the SC's position would be down to them making them in the first place and whether or not they were thrown out by AGS would at best be immaterial.
    However, the implication here is that the SC would feel that having an untenable position would require them to resign or disband or in some way remediate the situation; it seems they do not believe that, given past actions.

Advertisement