Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

devil-80 wrote: »
    Got it sorted but discount is only €-98.37 so they should change advertisement.

same! I think its to do with the new VAT rate change and the algorithm used. It's giving the discount wrong. now its 2euro of a difference like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Easily said than done :) Takes ages to get token which expires by time you enter it !

I have a phone that I got from this offer. I was never able to get a token in time to enter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,796 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Order: 3124****

Ordered on 16 September 2020

FFS !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Basil3 wrote: »
    Imagine how quiet this thread would be if Vodafone's ordering systems worked.

Or how busy it would be if the thread title reflected the current offer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭cassette50

Order: 3124****

Ordered on 16 September 2020

FFS !

I feel your pain, I finally managed to register and track my order: CANCELLED

cassette50 wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I finally managed to register and track my order: CANCELLED

I think they have found loophole of brand new numbers used for buying this..else see no other reason so many cancellations..people who got it did u port a used number ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I think they have found loophole of brand new numbers used for buying this..else see no other reason so many cancellations..people who got it did u port a used number ?

Your theory presupposes there's a level of organisation at play here that I don't think Vodafone possess.

As long as the thread has been going, certain posters appear to have been subject to multiple cancellations, while it's been completely painless & straightforward for others.

I used a new SIM btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Your theory presupposes there's a level of organisation at play here that I don't think Vodafone possess.

As long as the thread has been going, certain posters appear to have been subject to multiple cancellations, while it's been completely painless & straightforward for others.

I used a new SIM btw.

I ported a new number no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭feet of flame

I saw this thread yesterday morning, bought the phone, ported a genuine number from 3 and the phone was delivered this morning less then 24 hours later. I am actually stunned.

• Advertisement

Called 1907 and they said reorder again as its a technical glitch....sorry no thanks !

Roberto, had your card been charged in any of the orders?

I ordered on Tuesday, no confirmation mail, nothing, the money has been set aside, but not taken, from my account.

Poster above said they've already received their order having placed it on Wednesday, so I'm hoping I'll get mine tomorrow :confused:

cormie wrote: »

I ordered on Tuesday, no confirmation mail, nothing, the money has been set aside, but not taken, from my account.

Poster above said they've already received their order having placed it on Wednesday, so I'm hoping I'll get mine tomorrow :confused:

All are pending transactions..generally they debit it once processed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bus Wanker

Hey, how long does it normally take for Vodafone to port the number?
    I received the phone today, and put in the new sim card they sent me. From what I understand I just need to wait for the signal to drop on my old phone and the new sim card will be live?
    I tried ringing 1907 but it would not recognise any account number I typed.

cormie wrote: »

My card was charged but the order status is listed as cancelled.

Just got a POCO X3 from xiaomi uk...boo vodafone !

My transactions generally sit in pending if there is cancellation else they move to actual debit

My card was charged but the order status is listed as cancelled.

u would be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ordered it yesterday and received it today. That was surprisingly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭amacca

They (Vodafone) have changed the order page now so there is no PAYG option...

Seems to be a minimum recurring monthly cost of 20euro now if you want the phone.

Mine hasn't shown up yet, still a pending charge on my account :( seeing other folk get theirs next day makes me doubt I'll get it at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

amacca wrote: »

Seems to be a minimum recurring monthly cost of 20euro now if you want the phone.

They are their payg options,it's still the same as before

Just put in another order, my lyca sim is still active and I was able to put in another order with the same number, so let's see how that goes.

Still only €131.something total, so you don't have to pay for the top up straight away.

It said there was an error processing the order when I tried to fill in the customer details, so I went back and tried again, same thing, os I went back, clicked to edit the details and then just pressed "skip this step" and it continued on and I was able to complete the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Nope just checked it there. You need to select a PAYG option and it lists 20 euro recurring cost but otherwise you only pay for the phone itself.

Tried ordering 3 times..
    Cancelled twice and the third order does not show up but the money was taken, so I'm waiting on 3 refunds.

I gave up in the end and ordered the Poco X3

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Tried ordering 3 times..
    Cancelled twice and the third order does not show up but the money was taken, so I'm waiting on 3 refunds.

I gave up in the end and ordered the Poco X3

Chances are you might get three phones

Nope just checked it there. You need to select a PAYG option and it lists 20 euro recurring cost but otherwise you only pay for the phone itself.

The interface has definitely changed from a couple of days ago.

I'm still confused however, PAYG to me was always something you and a certain amount of control on your spend, i.e.: you top up and have to pay again when you use up your credit.....

not have a recurring 20euro a month recurring charge, isn't that the same as having a 20 euro a month contract?...its not PAYG as i understood it anyway.........then again the last time i had a PAYG mobile I was a teenager in the 90s

The reason I ask is I was thinking buying it for my semi elderly mum, she just wouldnt be interested in paying 20 euro a month + just wants a smartphone mostly because all her friends have it and she feels a bit left out...she currently has a top up standard old mobile she puts a tenner into about once every two or three months...I set up wifi in the house for her she's unlikely to be doing much except taking calls, sending texts when out of the house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

The interface has definitely changed from a couple of days ago.

I'm still confused however, PAYG to me was always something you and a certain amount of control on your spend, i.e.: you top up and have to pay again when you use up your credit.....

not have a recurring 20euro a month recurring charge, isn't that the same as having a 20 euro a month contract?...its not PAYG as i understood it anyway.........then again the last time i had a PAYG mobile I was a teenager in the 90s

The reason I ask is I was thinking buying it for my semi elderly mum, she just wouldnt be interested in paying 20 euro a month + just wants a smartphone mostly because all her friends have it and she feels a bit left out...she currently has a top up standard old mobile she puts a tenner into about once every two or three months...I set up wifi in the house for her she's unlikely to be doing much except taking calls, sending texts when out of the house

They mean it's a recurring debit from your credit balance (as opposed to from your bank account or card account)

They mean it's a recurring debit from your credit balance (as opposed to from your bank account or card account)

ah...sorry I'm a bit thick here.

so you could just not pay and put another sim in...or switch sim you ported over to another network after you pay your first 20 euro?

You don't need to pay your first 20 if you order online. If you buy from a shop, you have to pay for a top up to get the 100eur off though, so it'll cost €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Anyone know if the port request can be cancelled or changed to a different number

Advertisement