Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

funnyname wrote: »
    Just bought the black one, no issues, cheers OP for this bargain alert, thought I had missed the boat, just hope the camera is as good as everyone is saying.

Used an Eir sim I got online for free from Eir.

Received it in the post this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

funnyname wrote: »
    Received it in the post this morning

Collected mine from Vodafone swords this evening.. word of warning about the store. They never answer their phone or return calls. I got no confirmation that it was in the store but called in on way home and it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Ordered one yesterday (black), seem to have gone through without any issue - order page now says : Due for dispatching- I take it that is a good sign ?

It was, received mine this morning. Many many thanks to OP, this is already bargain of the year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

A bargain indeed :D

Thanks for posting OP! Did the sim thing today and now just waiting on my brand new white pixel phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Ordered one on Monday night. Wouldn't complete purchase the first time so tried again and it worked using the exact same details.
    Got two in the post today...
    Unfortunately I see that I was charged twice too!
    Senior hurling I suppose.

• Advertisement

If you are in dublin and want to shift one, ill pay you the 179 for it. I was going to order another one tonight anyway. Drop us a pm if interested
    Ordered one on Monday night. Wouldn't complete purchase the first time so tried again and it worked using the exact same details.
    Got two in the post today...
    Unfortunately I see that I was charged twice too!
    Senior hurling I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Just got one today, I thought it was gonna be 280 after the deduction, not 180... It's a steal really. I assume it'll be locked to Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

adam240610 wrote: »
    Just got one today, I thought it was gonna be 280 after the deduction, not 180... It's a steal really. I assume it'll be locked to Vodafone?

It's unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

It's unlocked

Sweet, seems like an over sight on Vodafones part

adam240610 wrote: »
    Sweet, seems like an over sight on Vodafones part

Google phones rarely locked..at most the lock ghe bootloader so you can't root the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Thanks Guys, this worked great for me, had old O2 SIM and ordered for phone. Was delivered 2 days later.
    👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Got my refund in the end. Eventually returned to my card. Will think twice before ordering online from them. Such a bad system.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tamsta

Offer didn't expired - ordered 3A on Wednesday, received today :-) Thank You, Lord Spence!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

Can i ask has anyone problems with the text message notification alert?

no matter what I do to the one I bought my wife we can't get a sound to come when she receives a text, or the phone doesn't show a text message symbol.

the notification sound works for watsapp, messenger etc juts not texts.

I can't see any reason or setting why the phone wouldn't allow notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My speaker has stepped working so I don't get any notification sounds or alarms. Can't hear the phone ringing.

Searched online and it's a common problem usually looks like something breaks with the speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

My speaker has stepped working so I don't get any notification sounds or alarms. Can't hear the phone ringing.

Searched online and it's a common problem usually looks like something breaks with the speaker

Had the same issue with an old Pixel i acquired, was given it free in work due to the issue. Works find at home via a bluetooth speaker so only use it for radio/spotify now

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

patrickc wrote: »
    Can i ask has anyone problems with the text message notification alert?

no matter what I do to the one I bought my wife we can't get a sound to come when she receives a text, or the phone doesn't show a text message symbol.

the notification sound works for watsapp, messenger etc juts not texts.

I can't see any reason or setting why the phone wouldn't allow notifications.

It could be due to a permissions setting for the Messenger app. Try uninstalling/reinstalling Messenger updates or try another SMS app.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

hi, I ordered 1 yesterday,
    showing as both black & white in stock,
    why is this expired or am I missing something?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

concubar wrote: »
    hi, I ordered 1 yesterday,
    showing as both black & white in stock,
    why is this expired or am I missing something?:rolleyes:

The original offer expired some while back and since then the availability has only been sporadic. Possibly more available now so the title could be updated to reflect this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I see Carphone Warehouse are doing a Vodafone porting deal.
    Switch your number to the €40 a month "RED Standard" and get a free Huawei P30 Pro.

I'm tempted except that deal gives you 100 free mins, and 10GB per month.

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I see Carphone Warehouse are doing a Vodafone porting deal.
    Switch your number to the €40 a month "RED Standard" and get a free Huawei P30 Pro.

I'm tempted except that deal gives you 100 free mins, and 10GB per month.

Over your 24 month contract that's €720 (€648 for their newer offer) more than the Gomo deal with less data, minutes etc. and you could buy that phone with your savings. Not much of a deal really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 poisonDwarfd

How is one supposed to get a refund off these clowns?

I bought one of these in November and I still haven't got my refund. Been on live chat more times then I'd like to admit and I've also tried calling them but I can't get through to anyone without a Vodafone account number. Too late for a chargeback with AIB as well.

Is there anything else I can do or will I have to take them to the small claims court? Shambles of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I bought one of these in November and I still haven't got my refund. Been on live chat more times then I'd like to admit and I've also tried calling them but I can't get through to anyone without a Vodafone account number. Too late for a chargeback with AIB as well.

Is there anything else I can do or will I have to take them to the small claims court? Shambles of a company.

Facebook was the only method which worked for me.

Mezcita wrote: »
    Facebook was the only method which worked for me.

No doubt a bit of negative publicity will have them sort it in no time. I don't have a facebook account theses days though.

Surely there's a number to get through to someone? Rajeesh in India seems powerless over live chat.

I've been waiting since November too. They can't seem to find my payment apparently. Despite me sending screenshots of my bank statement, as well as a statement of the individual transaction with my bank details and the transaction ID from Revolut. Shambles.

I've been waiting since November too. They can't seem to find my payment apparently. Despite me sending screenshots of my bank statement, as well as a statement of the individual transaction with my bank details and the transaction ID from Revolut. Shambles.

Twitter was only way I could talk to them

Twitter was only way I could talk to them

I've been on twitter to them since December. Have an ongoing conversation over DMs with 2 of their staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

How are u too late for a chargeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

I've been on twitter to them since December. Have an ongoing conversation over DMs with 2 of their staff.

One of my colleagues couldn't get his phone unlocked by them for over a month, ended up tweeting the following: CEO Anne O’Leary, Director of Strategy Liam O’Brien

No response from CEO but replying to her tweets and his got a response from him to get things moving. Reply to there tweets slating them and the issue you have with the refund, they'll want to get rid of you quick smart to stop the negative press on their tweets.

• Advertisement

Xwebstar wrote: »
    How are u too late for a chargeback?

Cut off is 60 days according to AIB: aib.ie/content/dam/aib/personal/docs/our-products/credit-cards/dispute-transaction-form.pdf

Might still be worth a shot given how clear cut this is. Might also create a twitter account just to harass them. Shameful it will come to that.

Advertisement