Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

What is typical trainee salary in DE?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 student2019

Has anyone heard from Fieldfisher or MHC?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pasterwords123

Has anyone heard from Fieldfisher or MHC?

MHC is getting back to people now

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maxi937

Is the Matheson test deadline midnight tonight or tomorrow? Says midnight Monday?

Its midnight tonight, they sent a reminder email earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stan283

jus_me wrote: »
    Anyone else apply to Hayes ?

Yeh I did! Have you heard anything back? I havnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Coleman101

Has anyone heard anything back from HOMS?

jus_me wrote: »
    Anyone else apply to Hayes ?

Yes no reply yet

Anyone heard anything from Comyn Kelleher Tobin?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

Anyone hear anything today?

Anyone hear anything today?

Nope. Anyone hear back from MHC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Nope. Anyone hear back from MHC?

My best guess would be that they’re finished calling with first round interview offers because they followed up yesterday with an invitation to a drinks reception for all interviewees (could be wrong on this).

Anyone know when DE will be contacting people re second round interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

user115 wrote: »
    What is typical trainee salary in DE?

Think it's in the 30s. Not as high as the top 6 but not as low as some of the others. Hopefully someone can give us a more accurate answer.
    Paraeagle wrote: »
    My best guess would be that they’re finished calling with first round interview offers because they followed up yesterday with an invitation to a drinks reception for all interviewees (could be wrong on this).

Yeah you're right about the invitations. It was also just a one-round process last year for MHC.

On DE, I scanned the 2018 Milkrounds thread. About a week after the first post about first round interviews there was a post to say second round invites had been issued. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Anybody hear back from Matheson, McCann or AC yet?

I think DE said they would let people know by Friday.

Oh I hadn’t been expecting to hear for like a week or so 😬

Anybody hear back from Matheson, McCann or AC yet?

Adding A&L, LK Shields and Beauchamps to this list?

Oh I hadn’t been expecting to hear for like a week or so ��

Well I could be wrong but I think they said they would decide by Friday 8th, so maybe they will just decide internally and then get in touch next week.

Kinda surprised their salary would be around the 30 mark, they are well up there in terms of reputation, you think they could offer a little more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Well I could be wrong but I think they said they would decide by Friday 8th, so maybe they will just decide internally and then get in touch next week.

Kinda surprised their salary would be around the 30 mark, they are well up there in terms of reputation, you think they could offer a little more...

It was high 30s last year.

Adding A&L, LK Shields and Beauchamps to this list?

Matheson only closed Monday night in fairness given the Watson Glaser deadline. Cox’s have said they’ll be in contact by Monday and A&L will email on Friday to say whether you’re invited to interview or not. Haven’t heard from LKS or Beauchamps or Hayes.

Yeah I think it’s upper 30s though as opposed to lower. Just not the 44/45 that top 6 are offering

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ciarocxcc

anyone apply to Deloitte? or know the salary?

• Advertisement

It was high 30s last year.

I suppose high 30s isn't too bad

Not many better starting salaries for graduates. Civil service for example is 32

Does anybody know if MHC has just the one round interviews this year? I probably should have inquired about it.

Does anybody know if MHC has just the one round interviews this year? I probably should have inquired about it.

Yea I think it’s just the one round. On a related topic- does anyone know roughly what proportion of interns receive an offer of a traineeship after the summer internship?

Yea I think it’s just the one round. On a related topic- does anyone know roughly what proportion of interns receive an offer of a traineeship after the summer internship?

Oh it's extremely high. 80 to 90 percent I think. At least that's what one of their trainees told me.

Oh it's extremely high. 80 to 90 percent I think. At least that's what one of their trainees told me.

Oh that’s way more than I expected! I have a job in a legal dept at the moment and although not exactly the role I’d like, I’m picking up a bit of legal experience and my employer is very decent. The thing about MHC that has been playing on my mind is the thought of giving up a reasonably good job to take a gamble on securing a traineeship, only to find myself without any job at all by the end of the summer :/

Oh that’s way more than I expected! I have a job in a legal dept at the moment and although not exactly the role I’d like, I’m picking up a bit of legal experience and my employer is very decent. The thing about MHC that has been playing on my mind is the thought of giving up a reasonably good job to take a gamble on securing a traineeship, only to find myself without any job at all by the end of the summer :/

I say this not having set a foot in the door yet. I may well botch my interview altogether!

I say this not having set a foot in the door yet. I may well botch my interview altogether!

You'll do grand! The impression I've gotten from talking to trainees is that if you get the internship, the TC is basically yours to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Yeah they said to me we’d know by the end of the week and second round interviews next week

• Advertisement

A&L interviews out

Advertisement