Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Competition Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

Gormal wrote: »
    Bank of bits is 7500 today... definitely not a hope to win...lol

The jackpot hasn't changed since the weekend so someone has probably already won anyway! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭Gormal

Maybe they are just harvesting our details and we will get bombarded with marketing calls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Trev De rev

cvb03 wrote: »
    https://christmas.walkers.co.uk/enter

https://clubbitscoin.ie/

Has anyone had any luck with these competitions ?

Haven't won in these and have tried everyday. But I won on the kelloggs elf on shelf competition this morning.

Is the "Win a €250 voucher to spend at South William Clinic and Spa" competition form on Her.ie also not working for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭EletricMan

Haven't won in these and have tried everyday. But I won on the kelloggs elf on shelf competition this morning.

Anyone have a code? I'm guessing they aren't an unique code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Onity wrote: »
    Is the "Win a €250 voucher to spend at South William Clinic and Spa" competition form on Her.ie also not working for anyone else?

I think it worked for me on a tablet but not on a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Trev De rev

EletricMan wrote: »
    Anyone have a code? I'm guessing they aren't an unique code.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

Hello,

Just checking with the group in regards to the links you posted up to the Dundrum website for several competitions are no longer working and I have been unable to locate the advertising.

I am in the process of submitting a complaint because I don’t believe Dundrums Shop and Rock event and its promotions were ran in a fair and impartial manner.

I would be so grateful if you could send me the email newsletter that promotes the competitions and also send me your screenshots of the various other advertisements you may have seen the competitions to on various websites, email, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Best Wishes

Email priestessxxx@gmail.com

Shop and Rock prizes - https://www.dundrum.ie/offers/competition/shop-and-rock-prizes which I also entered in-store using their hashtag #ShopAndRock2019;
    €150 TK Maxx gift card giveaway - https://www.dundrum.ie/offers/competition/tk-maxx-gift-card-giveaway and;
    Win tickets to see Robin Hood - https://www.dundrum.ie/offers/competition/win-tickets-to-see-robin-hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Just a heads up on a type of scam I hadn't seen before. Someone made a fake profile spoofing the Facebook account of a page that's running a competition (The Zip Yard in this case). They then used that profile to comment on the shared posts and tell people they'd won and to visit their profile. Since been deleted. Just something to watch out for, particularly with advents coming up where people will be entering a lot of competitions

Muir wrote: »
    Just a heads up on a type of scam I hadn't seen before. Someone made a fake profile spoofing the Facebook account of a page that's running a competition (The Zip Yard in this case). They then used that profile to comment on the shared posts and tell people they'd won and to visit their profile. Since been deleted. Just something to watch out for, particularly with advents coming up where people will be entering a lot of competitions

That has been going on for about 2 weeks now with a new page popping up every time. Reporting them as spam is the quickest way to bring them down.

But agree you really need to be vigilant.

So it all kicks off tomorrow... multiple meltdowns and panic attacks in case you miss an advent...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

That has been going on for about 2 weeks now with a new page popping up every time. Reporting them as spam is the quickest way to bring them down.

But agree you really need to be vigilant.

So it all kicks off tomorrow... multiple meltdowns and panic attacks in case you miss an advent...lol

Yes its happened on lots of comps and English ones aswell. Unless u get notified on the main page or a comment by the main/real page ignore it and delete and report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There doesnt seem to be a question on this one. Just the box to type an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Abridgett

GBX wrote: »
    There doesnt seem to be a question on this one. Just the box to type an answer.

Who curated this year's Guinness Winterfest?

Hey.

Does anyone know what the story is with Donedeal’s qashquai car giveaway? Prize draw was supposed to take place on Wednesday the 4th of December and closing date for entries by 23:59pm on Monday the 2nd of December.

I sent them a message on Facebook inquiring about all this because I haven’t heard of a winner on any of their social media since Wednesday. I’m fairly certain that they changed the closing date, prize draw date and are missing terms and conditions (page was working up to 4pm on the 2nd but no workable links atm).

Has anyone got access/screenshots) to the original competition page? I am seriously concerned because they finally replied to me today and think this might be a potential ASAI case. They confirmed my suspicions of extending the prize draw date (still didn’t want to tell me when exactly) which is not proper etiquette in any way. Extremely disappointed with all this. See screenshots attached.

https://www.facebook.com/135274296038/posts/10156649100261039?vh=e&sfns=mo

Hey.

Does anyone know what the story is with Donedeal’s qashquai car giveaway? Prize draw was supposed to take place on Wednesday the 4th of December and closing date for entries by 23:59pm on Monday the 2nd of December.

I sent them a message on Facebook inquiring about all this because I haven’t heard of a winner on any of their social media since Wednesday. I’m fairly certain that they changed the closing date, prize draw date and are missing terms and conditions (page was working up to 4pm on the 2nd but no workable links atm).

Has anyone got access/screenshots) to the original competition page? I am seriously concerned because they finally replied to me today and think this might be a potential ASAI case. They confirmed my suspicions of extending the prize draw date (still didn’t want to tell me when exactly) which is not proper etiquette in any way. Extremely disappointed with all this. See screenshots attached.

https://www.facebook.com/135274296038/posts/10156649100261039?vh=e&sfns=mo

It has taken place and they are awaiting the winner to collect their prize. They say they " will share photos and videos once the winner collects their prize" mentioned on this post in the comments

It has taken place and they are awaiting the winner to collect their prize. They say they " will share photos and videos once the winner collects their prize" mentioned on this post in the comments

Thanks for getting back to me Gormal,

I checked with her and and a few others and they are being told to keep and eye on social media as well. Some have been told the winner will be announced this week and some have been told the winner will be announced next week. Now they say they will share photos and videos once the winner collects their prize. Its
    all very strange. Still doesn’t change the fact that we have been waiting for the winner announcement when it should of happened 3 days ago, not next week.

It might be worthwhile complaining on their social media pages to get some more clarity.

If they've stopped accepting entries to the competition then I'd say it really isn't worth complaining to the ASAI. There isn't usually much of an outcome and it can take an extremely long time.

https://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/make-a-complaint/
    Muir wrote: »
    If they've stopped accepting entries to the competition then I'd say it really isn't worth complaining to the ASAI. There isn't usually much of an outcome and it can take an extremely long time.

Thanks Muir, even so I have made complaints previously to ASAI who investigate shady advertising and promotions. After a few days they got back to us regarding Dundrum Town Centre’s Shop and Rock competitions and several other giveaways. They seemed very efficient and eager to help so I know filing a complaint against Done Deal will be looked into quickly.

https://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/make-a-complaint/

Thanks Muir, even so I have made complaints previously to ASAI who investigate shady advertising and promotions. After a few days they got back to us regarding Dundrum Town Centre’s Shop and Rock competitions and several other giveaways. They seemed very efficient and eager to help so I know filing a complaint against Done Deal will be looked into quickly.

Fair enough. I've had them take months, but I guess that's not surprising when the promoter refuses to respond.

I am very disappointed with how the DoneDeal competition has been handled. Thankfully, I found their original competition T&C’s that they deleted from all their social media which confirms all my suspicions of a dodgy competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

I am very disappointed with how the DoneDeal competition has been handled. Thankfully, I found their original competition T&C’s that they deleted from all their social media which confirms all my suspicions of a dodgy competition.

I’m confused. What part of it is dodgy?

Hi wally79,

It's very disappointing because they are a very large company so to everyone who I checked with, it seemed like a scam because they wouldn't say who the winner was on the date. It made everyone think that they extended time for people to share and comment more. Another entrant even reckons that Facebook is paying for such activities. The more you share and comment, the more they get payed.

When pressed for details for extending the prize draw date and early closing date I received the following response on Thursday.

Donedeal - "Thanks for contacting us. The draw has not taken place yet. Please keep an eye on our Social Media pages for the winner to be announced ��"

When I told them that the extension of the prize draw date & changing the closing date is unfair to those who have entered your competition already and it can only be done in unavoidable circumstance (see ASAI Code 5.32) – for example, a distribution problem with promotional packaging. Changing the closing date makes a promoter look incompetent and untrustworthy. I received the following response on Friday (yesterday);

"Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Entries closed on the date advised in the terms and conditions. The draw has taken place and we are contacting the winner. We will announce the winner once the winner has accepted the prize."

I think they are giving themselves a grace period for the winner to respond although they definitely did mess up their closing and prize draw date contrary to their T&C's. Furthermore the lack of clarity on social media is a huge disappointment. Promoters must also avoid ‘causing unnecessary disappointment’ (see ASAI code 5.4), which usually happens as a result of a closing date change.

They kind of messed up in the T&Cs. If the draw closed on the 4th and winner drawn, then they have 7 days to accept. That brings the date up to the 11th, so they might not be able to take part in the handover which is supposed to be organised for promotional reasons. Say that the first chosen wasn't eligible and another winner picked, then that adds up to 7 days again. Perhaps the winner is going to surprise somebody with it and then we won't know who won.

They could at very least say what county.

It makes for cheap advertising for them...especially gaining email address and phone numbers from hopeful competitors.

Did anyone else win a suitcase with the Original Source #PackMoreIn competition?

Was notified back in October but still no sign of it, just wondering if there were any winners on here that received theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

They have posted the winner of the Nissan on Done Deal's socials now. Hard to contain my jealousy on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

Been quite a while since I've had a win myself. Anyone having any luck with Christmas competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

dubs09 wrote: »
    Been quite a while since I've had a win myself. Anyone having any luck with Christmas competitions?

No luck at all I’m such a long time!

2 free tickets for:

JOJO RABBIT - Advance Preview Screening
    TUESDAY (today) December 10th
    Lighthouse Cinema, Smithfield
    Film Starts: 7pm sharp
    Drinks reception at 6:30pm

Raging I can't go, would love to give this to a Taika Waititi fan or whoever wants them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DebJZ

Just a quick question about how to format the Virgin Media text competitions.
    I did a couple lately and didn't get a reply.
    https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/competitions/article/1052/WIN-with-Irelands-Blue-Book-and-Ireland-AM
    Do you text the word and the answer i.e. TRIP A or do you just text the word i.e TRIP and then answer the question with a reply? As it costs to text I don't want to get it wrong again.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

DebJZ wrote: »
    https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/competitions/article/1052/WIN-with-Irelands-Blue-Book-and-Ireland-AM
    Do you text the word and the answer i.e. TRIP A or do you just text the word i.e TRIP and then answer the question with a reply? As it costs to text I don't want to get it wrong again.

I find their information online very confusing. Not clear on which way to do it. Do you watch the shows on which the competition is advertised? They might have more info on entry. Otherwise I'd contact them before entering any more.

Onity wrote: »
    2 free tickets for:

JOJO RABBIT - Advance Preview Screening
    TUESDAY (today) December 10th
    Lighthouse Cinema, Smithfield
    Film Starts: 7pm sharp
    Drinks reception at 6:30pm

Raging I can't go, would love to give this to a Taika Waititi fan or whoever wants them!

It was great, hope someone took the tickets:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

DebJZ wrote: »
    Any time ive entered I just text the word and then u get a reply back with the question which u say A b or c and ur details. I won once with them a few years ago in the run up to Christmas a voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,316 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Couldnt believe it - it cost €2.20 to enter that comp :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DebJZ

Thanks guys. That worked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

Does anyone know about the Taste.ie facebook competitions?

The winners for the following competitions were due to be announced in early November through to early December. (There are other smaller competitions outstanding).

Win €200 ELY voucher.
    Win an Overnight Bed & Breakfast with Dinner at the Foyle Hotel for two persons plus a signed Donegal Table Cookbook
    Win a Party for You and Three Friends Worth €750 in the 101 Limerick

However, to date, no winners have been announced. One in particular was for a party night in Limerick, which would be difficult for anyone to arrange before Christmas at this late stage. I first asked on the facebook page as to when we would hear who won the competition. I got no response, so I followed up with 3 direct messages to Taste.ie over the past 3 weeks but I have never heard back from them.

There is also a new competition from Taste.ie for a €500 for the Sheen Falls which someone has queried as to whether this was last year's competition as the dates are for January 2019. It could be a simple numerical error, but with their previous track record, I would be querying this also.

As my messages have been ignored, has anyone idea what should be my next course of action?

Also 7UP, did not award one of their weeks' prizes in their facebook €500 worth of prizes. again I have been ignored when I contacted them (I contacted their marketing company which organises these competitions for 7up).

Any advice would be much appreciated. I get really irked when companies do not abide by their own rules.

pippin5 wrote: »
    Does anyone know about the Taste.ie facebook competitions?

The winners for the following competitions were due to be announced in early November through to early December. (There are other smaller competitions outstanding).

Win €200 ELY voucher.
    Win an Overnight Bed & Breakfast with Dinner at the Foyle Hotel for two persons plus a signed Donegal Table Cookbook
    Win a Party for You and Three Friends Worth €750 in the 101 Limerick

However, to date, no winners have been announced. One in particular was for a party night in Limerick, which would be difficult for anyone to arrange before Christmas at this late stage. I first asked on the facebook page as to when we would hear who won the competition. I got no response, so I followed up with 3 direct messages to Taste.ie over the past 3 weeks but I have never heard back from them.

There is also a new competition from Taste.ie for a €500 for the Sheen Falls which someone has queried as to whether this was last year's competition as the dates are for January 2019. It could be a simple numerical error, but with their previous track record, I would be querying this also.

As my messages have been ignored, has anyone idea what should be my next course of action?

Also 7UP, did not award one of their weeks' prizes in their facebook €500 worth of prizes. again I have been ignored when I contacted them (I contacted their marketing company which organises these competitions for 7up).

Any advice would be much appreciated. I get really irked when companies do not abide by their own rules.

Pippin5 - You'll find some useful advice about how to complain from this famous UK comper's blog - https://superlucky.me/how-to-chase-up-a-prize/
    Got some brilliant advice especially if you're getting no luck in getting the promoter to respond to you via private messages, public tweets, fb comments etc. Last resort would be, to politely threaten the company with an ASAI complaint. I've done this on a few occasions with success where they got back to me in a day or two.

If you have any more questions or need help filing a complaint, feel free to PM me and I'll do whatever I can to help. Good luck!

Thanks Priestess101,

I know Di (SuperLucky) from way back and she is a rock of sense, so having had a look on the link, I am going to go down the road of quoting the asaicode/section-5-promotional-marketing-practices/ in my direct message to Taste.ie. In particular the following ‘Promoters should either publish, or make available on request, details of the name and county of residence of prize-winners.’ As I have requested this 4 times from them and not received a response, they now know that I am aware that they are in breach of the code. I am giving them a specific period of time to get back to me. If I don't receive a response, I will send them another email to tell them that I will be contacting ASAI directly. I might contact 7up directly, as they might not be aware that the marketing promotional company has not allocated all the prizes. I will let you all know if I get any response.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MelBri

Hi guys, bit of a long post but I could really do with some advice.

I won a competition on Instagram on Halloween for a 100euro voucher to spend online on a vintage clothing store. I messaged the group and got a reply congratulating me and telling me to pick my items off the site and tell them what I wanted and provide them with an address. I said I would have a look at their site and get back to them.

The site has quite a lot of items with new stock dropping all the time so I spent a while looking. For black Friday they launched a half price sale which I was very pleased about as it meant my prize would stretch a little further. I finished picking out my items and messaged them letting them know I was ready to order. They said that was fine but that the items would be full price and I could not avail of the discount. I was pretty surprised about that and told them that I thought that it was unfair that I would be charged twice the current selling price. They responded by telling me that I had not claimed my prize (which I did) and that because it had been 3 weeks since I won that they were running a new competition for 100 euro credit. They also said if I had bought the giftcard from them that I could use it on the sale but because I had been "given" it I couldn't. I told them that I had no idea the prize had to be used immediately as giftcards never work that way and that I was disappointed as I liked their site.

I sent them my address and the items I picked and got no reply but assumed they were posting my order. That was November 25th. A week later I asked for an update and got no reply. A few days later I asked again, and then again, and then again and have got no replies since. I can see that they're online, posting in their stories and adding posts to their page but they are ignoring my messages. I've been messaging them politely every day with no answer. I think because I said that I thought it was unfair I couldn't get the discount they have decided not to give me the prize at all. I'm pretty annoyed about it but I have no idea what to do. I have screenshots of the messages which show them ignoring me. They also have a Facebook page which I could probably leave a negative review on but I don't really want to go that route unless I have to. Any ideas?

thanks

Hi MelBri,

It is really unfair that they haven't provided you with your prize. I have had problems in the past when claiming prizes. Once, the prize promotion company did not tag me to say that I had won or even send me an email. Only for a friend noticing that I had won, I would never have known about it. I sent them a polite direct message and that sorted it. I let the parent company know that I had not been contacted by the prize promotion company. Another time I only received half my prize, in this case I contacted all 3 relevant sponsors and the prize promotors at once and it was immediately sorted. Once when I won a large prize of an overseas holiday and was given the run around by a worker of the marketing section of the company. She then went on maternity leave without dealing with the issue and I really thought I had lost the prize. The person who filled in for this lady though, sorted it out for me as soon as she could.

I have learnt the following: Be polite from the outset, even if looks like the promoter has not done their job, I would always suggest that it is a genuine mistake and ask them if this could be sorted. This has always worked for me. It seems like this is what you did. However, when you asked to buy sale products with the voucher, the company were not willing to play ball. Have you got a screenshot of the terms and conditions, does it mention anything about the voucher cannot be used to purchase sale goods? Have a look at the following saicode/section-5-promotional-marketing-practices/ on the asai website, to see if this issue is covered in the standards. Sometimes however, you are at the mercy of the promoter and that shouldn't be the case. I have noticed (as with the aforementioned post about the prizes not being allocated) that facebook/instagram/twitter competitions do not seem to be run with the same attention to rules as other competitions and this is wrong. You have tried polite, I would suggest that you now tell them that you are aware of the asai code and will be conntacting asai to complain. Be prepared that they will still not allow you to buy sale goods on the voucher, and that will all depend on the terms and conditions. This competition is run directly by the promotor, so it is not like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I wish you luck. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help. It is always a delicate balance with prizes and it can be tricky sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MelBri

Hi Pippin,

thanks for the reply. I've noticed a similar thing as you on Facebook where they will mention a winners name without tagging and leave it up to the person to hopefully notice it and contact them. It's very annoying and I almost missed out on a few wins myself that way.

I have definitely remained polite throughout even though I'm getting very frustrated as it's very obvious that they're ignoring me in the hopes I'll just go away. They never made any t&cs for this competition, I have a screenshot of the competition post and they never stated any rules on how the voucher could/could not be used. When they told me I couldn't use the giftcard on the sale, which was on all items on the website, I stated that I was dissapointed about that but I then accepted it and told them the items I wanted at full price. The problem is that they don't even want to let me have the items at full price. It's frustrating because it's one jacket, and one jumper and I just think it's pretty mean to take the prize away from me.

I will have a look at the asai website as you've suggested and I think I will also let them know that I'm aware of the asai. They also have a website and facebook so I might contact them on both of those platforms and see if I can get them to reply to my messages there.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I really would like to get it sorted because I think they are being really unfair in how they've dealt with this.

It is amazing how the Taste.ie who have ignored all my private messages over the past number of weeks, took less than 24 hours to reply to me once I mentioned ASAI code of practice. There was no explanation or apology as to why I wasn't responded to or why they didn't allocate the prizes on the dates outlined (one prize in particular was to be announced in early November, with the implication being that it would be used on the run up to Christmas - no longer an option at this late stage). They did admit that there other competition announcements outstanding and that they would post these today as well. I hope all the winners enjoy their prizes, I know I won't be one of them as I am sure my name is mud in The Taste offices :-) . On another note, I received confirmation yesterday that I won a lovely prize in a competition run by another food related promoter, it must be karma. Anyway, feeling like a bit of a crusader here. Thanks to Priestess 101 for the advice. Happy days!

This is the email I received:

Thank you for your messages regarding the 101 Limerick Competition.

The winner was Elaine XXXX and this is being published on the site today along with the other outstanding winner announcements.

Best regards
    TheTaste Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

MelBri wrote: »
    Hi guys, bit of a long post but I could really do with some advice.

I won a competition on Instagram on Halloween for a 100euro voucher to spend online on a vintage clothing store. I messaged the group and got a reply congratulating me and telling me to pick my items off the site and tell them what I wanted and provide them with an address. I said I would have a look at their site and get back to them.

The site has quite a lot of items with new stock dropping all the time so I spent a while looking. For black Friday they launched a half price sale which I was very pleased about as it meant my prize would stretch a little further. I finished picking out my items and messaged them letting them know I was ready to order. They said that was fine but that the items would be full price and I could not avail of the discount. I was pretty surprised about that and told them that I thought that it was unfair that I would be charged twice the current selling price. They responded by telling me that I had not claimed my prize (which I did) and that because it had been 3 weeks since I won that they were running a new competition for 100 euro credit. They also said if I had bought the giftcard from them that I could use it on the sale but because I had been "given" it I couldn't. I told them that I had no idea the prize had to be used immediately as giftcards never work that way and that I was disappointed as I liked their site.

I sent them my address and the items I picked and got no reply but assumed they were posting my order. That was November 25th. A week later I asked for an update and got no reply. A few days later I asked again, and then again, and then again and have got no replies since. I can see that they're online, posting in their stories and adding posts to their page but they are ignoring my messages. I've been messaging them politely every day with no answer. I think because I said that I thought it was unfair I couldn't get the discount they have decided not to give me the prize at all. I'm pretty annoyed about it but I have no idea what to do. I have screenshots of the messages which show them ignoring me. They also have a Facebook page which I could probably leave a negative review on but I don't really want to go that route unless I have to. Any ideas?

thanks

Are they only an online shop or can you pop in - if you are standing there in front of them it will be harder to fob you off

pippin5 wrote: »
    It is amazing how the Taste.ie who have ignored all my private messages over the past number of weeks, took less than 24 hours to reply to me once I mentioned ASAI code of practice. There was no explanation or apology as to why I wasn't responded to or why they didn't allocate the prizes on the dates outlined (one prize in particular was to be announced in early November, with the implication being that it would be used on the run up to Christmas - no longer an option at this late stage). They did admit that there other competition announcements outstanding and that they would post these today as well. I hope all the winners enjoy their prizes, I know I won't be one of them as I am sure my name is mud in The Taste offices :-) . On another note, I received confirmation yesterday that I won a lovely prize in a competition run by another food related promoter, it must be karma. Anyway, feeling like a bit of a crusader here. Thanks to Priestess 101 for the advice. Happy days!

This is the email I received:

Thank you for your messages regarding the 101 Limerick Competition.

The winner was Elaine XXXX and this is being published on the site today along with the other outstanding winner announcements.

Best regards
    TheTaste Team

Your most welcome pippin5, so glad you finally got them to play ball - making Irish competitions fairer one day at a time, LOL. Everybody deserves to win their prizes as promised in the right way!

Won a voucher for a pizza at the Mont hotel (in Sin Bin or Speranza). There's a code to be quoted if you're booking. I'm unlikely to use it (though valid until 2024). Happy to pass it on if one of you think you'll make use. I'll pass it to someone in work if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Hi ZombieMed, Thank you for your kind offer, I would just love it please! I was really hoping I might win one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

Well guys and gals how is everybody doing in the xmas competitions any nice wins, in need of a bit of inspiration..... Gormal nice surprise win..

Pretty bleak really. (so far in the Christmas ones) Finding a lot UK only which is frustrating when they sell their products here, call themselves xxxxeurope, or xxxx UK and Ireland. Or better still Dubarry Ireland having a UK only giveaway!!

But I won week 2 Hampers & co and €100 me2you (both instagram ) back in November. The surprise Brooke & shoals hamper (saving for Christmas day), an ice scraper (twitter) and 2 items of cosmetics from the Evoke newsletter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Feck all other than a ww2 compass which turns out to be a cheap Indian knock off

Won a Nespresso Coffee Machine for my Mam and a €100 Peter Mark voucher last week delighted so don’t hold your breath guys!

Congrats Gormal but more importantly thank you for giving us links to these competitions all this time, it’s been a pleasure to be on this forum. You’re Wonderful!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement