Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

Gormal wrote: »
    Bank of bits is 7500 today... definitely not a hope to win...lol

The jackpot hasn't changed since the weekend so someone has probably already won anyway! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭Gormal

Maybe they are just harvesting our details and we will get bombarded with marketing calls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Trev De rev

cvb03 wrote: »
    https://christmas.walkers.co.uk/enter

https://clubbitscoin.ie/

Has anyone had any luck with these competitions ?

Haven't won in these and have tried everyday. But I won on the kelloggs elf on shelf competition this morning.

Is the "Win a €250 voucher to spend at South William Clinic and Spa" competition form on Her.ie also not working for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Haven't won in these and have tried everyday. But I won on the kelloggs elf on shelf competition this morning.

Anyone have a code? I'm guessing they aren't an unique code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Onity wrote: »
    Is the "Win a €250 voucher to spend at South William Clinic and Spa" competition form on Her.ie also not working for anyone else?

I think it worked for me on a tablet but not on a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Trev De rev

EletricMan wrote: »
    Anyone have a code? I'm guessing they aren't an unique code.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

Hello,

Just checking with the group in regards to the links you posted up to the Dundrum website for several competitions are no longer working and I have been unable to locate the advertising.

I am in the process of submitting a complaint because I don’t believe Dundrums Shop and Rock event and its promotions were ran in a fair and impartial manner.

I would be so grateful if you could send me the email newsletter that promotes the competitions and also send me your screenshots of the various other advertisements you may have seen the competitions to on various websites, email, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Best Wishes

Email priestessxxx@gmail.com

Shop and Rock prizes - https://www.dundrum.ie/offers/competition/shop-and-rock-prizes which I also entered in-store using their hashtag #ShopAndRock2019;
    €150 TK Maxx gift card giveaway - https://www.dundrum.ie/offers/competition/tk-maxx-gift-card-giveaway and;
    Win tickets to see Robin Hood - https://www.dundrum.ie/offers/competition/win-tickets-to-see-robin-hood

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Just a heads up on a type of scam I hadn't seen before. Someone made a fake profile spoofing the Facebook account of a page that's running a competition (The Zip Yard in this case). They then used that profile to comment on the shared posts and tell people they'd won and to visit their profile. Since been deleted. Just something to watch out for, particularly with advents coming up where people will be entering a lot of competitions

Muir wrote: »
    Just a heads up on a type of scam I hadn't seen before. Someone made a fake profile spoofing the Facebook account of a page that's running a competition (The Zip Yard in this case). They then used that profile to comment on the shared posts and tell people they'd won and to visit their profile. Since been deleted. Just something to watch out for, particularly with advents coming up where people will be entering a lot of competitions

That has been going on for about 2 weeks now with a new page popping up every time. Reporting them as spam is the quickest way to bring them down.

But agree you really need to be vigilant.

So it all kicks off tomorrow... multiple meltdowns and panic attacks in case you miss an advent...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

That has been going on for about 2 weeks now with a new page popping up every time. Reporting them as spam is the quickest way to bring them down.

But agree you really need to be vigilant.

So it all kicks off tomorrow... multiple meltdowns and panic attacks in case you miss an advent...lol

Yes its happened on lots of comps and English ones aswell. Unless u get notified on the main page or a comment by the main/real page ignore it and delete and report.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There doesnt seem to be a question on this one. Just the box to type an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Abridgett

GBX wrote: »
    There doesnt seem to be a question on this one. Just the box to type an answer.

Who curated this year's Guinness Winterfest?

Hey.

Does anyone know what the story is with Donedeal’s qashquai car giveaway? Prize draw was supposed to take place on Wednesday the 4th of December and closing date for entries by 23:59pm on Monday the 2nd of December.

I sent them a message on Facebook inquiring about all this because I haven’t heard of a winner on any of their social media since Wednesday. I’m fairly certain that they changed the closing date, prize draw date and are missing terms and conditions (page was working up to 4pm on the 2nd but no workable links atm).

Has anyone got access/screenshots) to the original competition page? I am seriously concerned because they finally replied to me today and think this might be a potential ASAI case. They confirmed my suspicions of extending the prize draw date (still didn’t want to tell me when exactly) which is not proper etiquette in any way. Extremely disappointed with all this. See screenshots attached.

https://www.facebook.com/135274296038/posts/10156649100261039?vh=e&sfns=mo

Hey.

Does anyone know what the story is with Donedeal’s qashquai car giveaway? Prize draw was supposed to take place on Wednesday the 4th of December and closing date for entries by 23:59pm on Monday the 2nd of December.

I sent them a message on Facebook inquiring about all this because I haven’t heard of a winner on any of their social media since Wednesday. I’m fairly certain that they changed the closing date, prize draw date and are missing terms and conditions (page was working up to 4pm on the 2nd but no workable links atm).

Has anyone got access/screenshots) to the original competition page? I am seriously concerned because they finally replied to me today and think this might be a potential ASAI case. They confirmed my suspicions of extending the prize draw date (still didn’t want to tell me when exactly) which is not proper etiquette in any way. Extremely disappointed with all this. See screenshots attached.

https://www.facebook.com/135274296038/posts/10156649100261039?vh=e&sfns=mo

It has taken place and they are awaiting the winner to collect their prize. They say they " will share photos and videos once the winner collects their prize" mentioned on this post in the comments

It has taken place and they are awaiting the winner to collect their prize. They say they " will share photos and videos once the winner collects their prize" mentioned on this post in the comments

Thanks for getting back to me Gormal,

I checked with her and and a few others and they are being told to keep and eye on social media as well. Some have been told the winner will be announced this week and some have been told the winner will be announced next week. Now they say they will share photos and videos once the winner collects their prize. Its
    all very strange. Still doesn’t change the fact that we have been waiting for the winner announcement when it should of happened 3 days ago, not next week.

It might be worthwhile complaining on their social media pages to get some more clarity.

If they've stopped accepting entries to the competition then I'd say it really isn't worth complaining to the ASAI. There isn't usually much of an outcome and it can take an extremely long time.

https://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/make-a-complaint/
    Muir wrote: »
    If they've stopped accepting entries to the competition then I'd say it really isn't worth complaining to the ASAI. There isn't usually much of an outcome and it can take an extremely long time.

Thanks Muir, even so I have made complaints previously to ASAI who investigate shady advertising and promotions. After a few days they got back to us regarding Dundrum Town Centre’s Shop and Rock competitions and several other giveaways. They seemed very efficient and eager to help so I know filing a complaint against Done Deal will be looked into quickly.

https://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/make-a-complaint/

Thanks Muir, even so I have made complaints previously to ASAI who investigate shady advertising and promotions. After a few days they got back to us regarding Dundrum Town Centre’s Shop and Rock competitions and several other giveaways. They seemed very efficient and eager to help so I know filing a complaint against Done Deal will be looked into quickly.

Fair enough. I've had them take months, but I guess that's not surprising when the promoter refuses to respond.

I am very disappointed with how the DoneDeal competition has been handled. Thankfully, I found their original competition T&C’s that they deleted from all their social media which confirms all my suspicions of a dodgy competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

I am very disappointed with how the DoneDeal competition has been handled. Thankfully, I found their original competition T&C’s that they deleted from all their social media which confirms all my suspicions of a dodgy competition.

I’m confused. What part of it is dodgy?

Hi wally79,

It's very disappointing because they are a very large company so to everyone who I checked with, it seemed like a scam because they wouldn't say who the winner was on the date. It made everyone think that they extended time for people to share and comment more. Another entrant even reckons that Facebook is paying for such activities. The more you share and comment, the more they get payed.

When pressed for details for extending the prize draw date and early closing date I received the following response on Thursday.

Donedeal - "Thanks for contacting us. The draw has not taken place yet. Please keep an eye on our Social Media pages for the winner to be announced ��"

When I told them that the extension of the prize draw date & changing the closing date is unfair to those who have entered your competition already and it can only be done in unavoidable circumstance (see ASAI Code 5.32) – for example, a distribution problem with promotional packaging. Changing the closing date makes a promoter look incompetent and untrustworthy. I received the following response on Friday (yesterday);

"Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Entries closed on the date advised in the terms and conditions. The draw has taken place and we are contacting the winner. We will announce the winner once the winner has accepted the prize."

I think they are giving themselves a grace period for the winner to respond although they definitely did mess up their closing and prize draw date contrary to their T&C's. Furthermore the lack of clarity on social media is a huge disappointment. Promoters must also avoid ‘causing unnecessary disappointment’ (see ASAI code 5.4), which usually happens as a result of a closing date change.

They kind of messed up in the T&Cs. If the draw closed on the 4th and winner drawn, then they have 7 days to accept. That brings the date up to the 11th, so they might not be able to take part in the handover which is supposed to be organised for promotional reasons. Say that the first chosen wasn't eligible and another winner picked, then that adds up to 7 days again. Perhaps the winner is going to surprise somebody with it and then we won't know who won.

They could at very least say what county.

It makes for cheap advertising for them...especially gaining email address and phone numbers from hopeful competitors.

Did anyone else win a suitcase with the Original Source #PackMoreIn competition?

Was notified back in October but still no sign of it, just wondering if there were any winners on here that received theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

They have posted the winner of the Nissan on Done Deal's socials now. Hard to contain my jealousy on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

Been quite a while since I've had a win myself. Anyone having any luck with Christmas competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

dubs09 wrote: »
    Been quite a while since I've had a win myself. Anyone having any luck with Christmas competitions?

No luck at all I’m such a long time!

2 free tickets for:

JOJO RABBIT - Advance Preview Screening
    TUESDAY (today) December 10th
    Lighthouse Cinema, Smithfield
    Film Starts: 7pm sharp
    Drinks reception at 6:30pm

Raging I can't go, would love to give this to a Taika Waititi fan or whoever wants them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭DebJZ

Just a quick question about how to format the Virgin Media text competitions.
    I did a couple lately and didn't get a reply.
    https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/competitions/article/1052/WIN-with-Irelands-Blue-Book-and-Ireland-AM
    Do you text the word and the answer i.e. TRIP A or do you just text the word i.e TRIP and then answer the question with a reply? As it costs to text I don't want to get it wrong again.

Advertisement