Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Competition Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Is every still texting to the 50400 every day even though you dont get a reply? And do you text one after the other or leave it a while between texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Is every still texting to the 50400 every day even though you dont get a reply? And do you text one after the other or leave it a while between texts?

Yes, I text daily for the one text per day ones until the closing date. I can't generally space it out as I would forget so just when I remember. Can't think that it would affect chances of winning since they're all different comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

ZombieMed wrote: »
    Yes, I text daily for the one text per day ones until the closing date. I can't generally space it out as I would forget so just when I remember. Can't think that it would affect chances of winning since they're all different comps.

You should be getting replies. If you aren't your account is locked with them, wouldn't say entries count then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

You should be getting replies. If you aren't your account is locked with them, wouldn't say entries count then

Not sure if it's an account locked thing, from what I've seen it seems to be a Vodafone issue. I'm not getting replies either.

Muir wrote: »
    Not sure if it's an account locked thing, from what I've seen it seems to be a Vodafone issue. I'm not getting replies either.

I was back and forward with Vodafone for weeks it's not an issue with them.
    My sister emailed the owner of the text company and they got back to my sister and said her account with them was locked as she was sending an entry for a while that the competition was closed. They unlocked it and told her to try again and she is getting responses. Whenever mine stop I email them and they fix it so definitely not vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

Guys, I won a Marie Claire's Hamper from Woman's Way magazine and Alice Taylor's 'As time goes by' book from the Indo, delighted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Facebook Live. Plenty of opportunities

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Daddydaycare1

I was back and forward with Vodafone for weeks it's not an issue with them.
    My sister emailed the owner of the text company and they got back to my sister and said her account with them was locked as she was sending an entry for a while that the competition was closed. They unlocked it and told her to try again and she is getting responses. Whenever mine stop I email them and they fix it so definitely not vodafone

Hi Stephykavanagh.
    Do you have the email address by any chance? Is it Puca?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭EletricMan

Anybody win any bitcoins from the club orange comp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

EletricMan wrote: »

I keep forgetting to do that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Moving2017

EletricMan wrote: »

Nope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

RTE GUIDE

Win a trip to Dancing with the Stars, Killarney, Nov 1, with a stay at the Gleneagle hotel overnight
    Title: DWTS Live competition
    Answer: b) Killarney

Got a call Today saying I had won:) Biggest win to date.Then about an hour later....
    RTE GUIDE

Send answer and contact details to rteguide@rte.ie giving the title of the competition in the subject box.

Preview screening , Thursday 31 October at 7.00pm of The Aeronauts in the Odeon Point Square Dublin
    Title: The Aeronauts Competition
    Question: For which film, also co-starring Felicity Jones did Eddie Redmayne win his Best Actor Oscar?

Got an Email saying I had won:D

Thank you so much Carol for posting really made my day and really needed some good news:)

Thank you all for posting.

Moving2017 wrote: »
    Nope!

I just don't think it's a good competition at all. €20 (200 bitscoins) up for grabs per day is a really bad return for the effort of entering - even if you win. Nobody seems to be winning in it either..

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭zimszimer1

Hey if anyone's looking to connect for tagging/sharing competitions on instagram and twitter drop me a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

When people text into the rte competitions, what way do you write it? All the one line or on separate lines? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

zimszimer1 wrote: »
    Hey if anyone's looking to connect for tagging/sharing competitions on instagram and twitter drop me a pm :)

https://www.instagram.com/blossimhill/

https://twitter.com/lizhealyy

always looking for hookup with compers..

shanmo wrote: »
    When people text into the rte competitions, what way do you write it? All the one line or on separate lines? Thanks!

All one line, they say it in instructions. So if the codeword is SHOW, the answer is true and your name is John Smith then you write the following with just spaces between:

SHOW true John Smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,579 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hate that all the preview free movie screenings are always Dublin :mad:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Me too. I particularly like the sounds of the one above ☺️

RTE sometimes do Galway, Cork, Limerick. Some other places do that too.

• Advertisement

Has anyone won anything with Club Orange?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anakena

No :/ I wonder if they have specific times during the day where you can win. I generally remember to enter at around 9-10pm, or the odd time in the morning, but haven't had any luck...

no nothing yet and being entering most days

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Girl_harbour

have entered every day and nothing so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

Did anyone win anything in the McVities afternoon tea freetext competition? Lots of nice prizes, haven't heard of anyone who won though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

Win a Debenhams beauty advent calendar
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/10...r-competition/

Did anyone manage to enter this one, it wont accept any form of my phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Gangu

magicray wrote: »
    Win a Debenhams beauty advent calendar
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/10...r-competition/

Did anyone manage to enter this one, it wont accept any form of my phone number

I have the same problem

Onity wrote: »
    Did anyone win anything in the McVities afternoon tea freetext competition? Lots of nice prizes, haven't heard of anyone who won though!

I didn't see that one... can you share it please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,579 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

For the debenhams calendar, I used a UK address (parcel motel) and phone number in the form of +353 eg.+353861234567

• Advertisement

I also cannot enter

It will only take UK Numbers which are 11 digits long

I didn't see that one... can you share it please?

It is over a few weeks ago, I was hoping to get lucky too there was a good few prizes .haven't heard of anyone winning either

Won this morning @ 4am https://walkers.co.uk/ the joys of working nights..

ladymary

Well done!! What did you win?

A no of Walkers crisps 36 bags, start of the xmas stash..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭Gormal

I won a ski hat & gloves on instagram and also was the winner of week 2 in Hampers & Co on Instagram. Wine & chocolates day on Friday lol.

Entered everyday was hoping for a win in this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

........Weeps dramatically........ How have I never seen this thread before?????

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 morrough

Pm me if you want to be an insta comping pal!

• Advertisement

Entered everyday was hoping for a win in this :(

Same!

Won a pair of Walkers Christmas socks though, could be worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NiamhOFla

Did anyone get the texts from 50400 sorted? I haven't gotten a response in ages. I've tried to contact return2sender but they just don't respond to me!

NiamhOFla wrote: »
    Did anyone get the texts from 50400 sorted? I haven't gotten a response in ages. I've tried to contact return2sender but they just don't respond to me!

Mine came back for the comps that ended today. I mailed return2sender, no response but as they came back I guess they did something, or just whatever was wrong got fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NiamhOFla

ZombieMed wrote: »
    Mine came back for the comps that ended today. I mailed return2sender, no response but as they came back I guess they did something, or just whatever was wrong got fixed.

Thanks for the response! I guess I'll just exercise some patience. :(

Thanks for the response! I guess I'll just exercise some patience. :(

I got a reply for a new comp for the number. Gave up entering on the old ones

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Gangu

I think some comps are not worth doing, what do you think? For example this is a very cynical way of buying content for their magazine. €30?!?!

IRISH INDEPENDENT WEEKEND MAGAZINE c/d 5 best entries will be published in next Weekend Magazine
    Prizes: €30 of O’Brien Press Books goes to winning entry
    Write a short story in six words e.g. “Rigid, she watched their first dance.”

Email your entry with your name, address & phone number to weekendmag@independent.ie or send it on a postcard to Weekend Magazine Short Story Competition, Irish Independent, 27-32 Talbot Street, Dublin 1.

• Advertisement

Gangu wrote: »
    I think some comps are not worth doing, what do you think? For example this is a very cynical way of buying content for their magazine. €30?!?!

IRISH INDEPENDENT WEEKEND MAGAZINE c/d 5 best entries will be published in next Weekend Magazine
    Prizes: €30 of O’Brien Press Books goes to winning entry
    Write a short story in six words e.g. “Rigid, she watched their first dance.”

Email your entry with your name, address & phone number to weekendmag@independent.ie or send it on a postcard to Weekend Magazine Short Story Competition, Irish Independent, 27-32 Talbot Street, Dublin 1.

Definitely! Getting very close to giving up on entering Pigsback comps for example, my housemate and I have both been entering most days for the last year and neither of us have won anything. On the list of winners there's people who have won 3 or 4 times this year :/ Luck of the draw I know but I don't think it's worth the effort of logging in every day to enter!

Same, haven't gotten any replies from 50400 in months, and no response from return2sender. 50100 and 51500 still work for me though, at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭Gormal

I'm getting replies from 50400 on both Tesco and Vodafone networks.

I don't bother with the pigsback ones, a bit like FPD you enter them all and nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 OzKennard

Same, haven't gotten any replies from 50400 in months, and no response from return2sender. 50100 and 51500 still work for me though, at least!

I tried calling return2sender for weeks and never answered.
    I emailed them twice and still nothing....
    So then I emailed the Competition Authority with a question about it the company and T&C's etc and how coincidental, a few days later I got an email back from Return2Sender saying my entries are being received. Very basic and unprofessional email as if someone sent it from their iphone on the train...my opinion only!!

I've lost all faith in text to win comps now.

Definitely! Getting very close to giving up on entering Pigsback comps for example, my housemate and I have both been entering most days for the last year and neither of us have won anything. On the list of winners there's people who have won 3 or 4 times this year :/ Luck of the draw I know but I don't think it's worth the effort of logging in every day to enter!
    I have been entering every day for about 10 years id say and I have won once and that was about 5 years ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement