Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"Did you ever see people crying in their cars and you wonder are they happy tears or sad tears".

The misery radar turned up to the max, 24/7.

(P.S. They're probably listening to Joe Duffy).

They are probably people on a 2hr commute, who had to leave the house before their kids were up, and who will be home after they are asleep in bed, doing it all for 40k, and they are crying that someone can ramble on the radio about kindness for an hour a day and get 495,000 per year for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

“We do death very well in Ireland”

Maggie has learned well from her boss

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Beautiful
    Moving
    Touching
    Death
    Funeral directors

Shes reading from the tubridy buzzword list

Beautiful
    Moving
    Touching
    Death
    Funeral directors

Shes reading from the tubridy buzzword list

Wouldn’t be surprised if she has a list of his greatest hits and sprinkles them liberally through the show

Money for old rope

Jesus,she is hard to listen to. An atrocious broadcaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Having an eco-firiendly Christmas, don't ya know!

Father Stone has nothing on this one.

A TY student from the local tech would make a better job of this.

More mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭amlinopta

What does Maggie do when she's not filling in for Tubs? Last spotted in August during his holidays as she mentioned. Average at best but on the payroll no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

tuned in yesterday and heard him talk about dreadlocks and then this nugget "reminds me of people sitting in eyre square in the 80's listening to something happens"

a h aha ha ha hah a ha hah a ha ha something happens????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I caught a couple of minutes earlier when they were discussing Avicci. I'd imagine there's not many regular Tubs listeners who would have a clue who Avicci is but it would have been "delicious" to hear Tubs trying to talk about EDM.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,989 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan broadcasting live from Dublin Airport next week.

He’s there to watch Philomena Begley being deported. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The world is crying out for kindness.

Toy Show and kindness in one sentence.
    He's a pro, gotta give it to him.

"In a Shane MacGowan kind of way"

A lot he'd know about it.

Singing songs and acting the maggot.

Acting the maggot on the Nitelink! Crazy.

Tubs feigning interest in ppl arriving into Ireland for Christmas

Gorgeous children writing letters

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

amlinopta wrote: »
    Acting the maggot on the Nitelink! Crazy.

I once witnessed a "lady" perform fellatio on a "gentleman" on the Nitelink when I was on my way home to leafy Sandymount when I resided there. Should I ring in to regale Bryan with this tale of high jinks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

He's really pushing the 'kindness', he seems to have moved on from being 'intrigued' at everything. Now everything is kind, and delicious.
    Truly very peculiar and bonkers man.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    He's really pushing the 'kindness', he seems to have moved on from being 'intrigued' at everything. Now everything is kind, and delicious.

Don't forget gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

sligojoek wrote: »
    Don't forget gorgeous.

Oh yeah. On a positive note, his promotion of the LLS reminded me to not watch it Friday night, I cant even look at that Mcgowan lad, how is he still alive? The promotion of this Friday's LLS is a reminder to not watch too. How that fella got away with telling the same stupid jokes for 40+ years, I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,591 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus Ryan loves the auld whinge stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Gwynplaine wrote: »

The lad is smelling himsell....gone waaaay above himself...will

Crash

and

burn

Mark my words...inevitable ....

Is the LLS going to turn into a series of tribute shows now?

We had Gaybro, then McGowan and next week Grace.

As they are struggling for guests (There's only so often you can stick Callan, Rosenstock or Louis Walsh on), I am going to hazard a guess that 2020 will see more of these 'tribute' shows.

Expect to see likes of Brian Darcy, Gabriel Byrne, philomena Begley, Daniel O'Donnell, BOD, etc.

There's a lot of potential shows there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is the LLS going to turn into a series of tribute shows now?

We had Gaybro, then McGowan and next week Grace.

As they are struggling for guests (There's only so often you can stick Callan, Rosenstock or Louis Walsh on), I am going to hazard a guess that 2020 will see more of these 'tribute' shows.

Expect to see likes of Brian Darcy, Gabriel Byrne, philomena Begley, Daniel O'Donnell, BOD, etc.

There's a lot of potential shows there!

Very convenient that this would fit under the umbrella of their celebration of 'Irishness' they are on about all season. I guess they have to brazen out the local nature of the guests somehow.

Have they ever done one for Twink? If not maybe that's why she's so bitter today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

sligojoek wrote: »
    Have they ever done one for Twink? If not maybe that's why she's so bitter today.

Notice she didnt criticize thst hand that may feed her in the future by saying how much she loves Tubs and RTE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I have a real problem with RTE and Tubridy putting out the footage of The Fairytale Of New York. I mean, let's not be naive here, RTE knew that the song was a mess up and would have known that there would have been a huge amount of ridicule and embarrassment for Philomena Begley, yet they still let the footage go out. Now this is the same Ryan Tubridy who would be the first person to call out another show for being exploitative. Fair enough if it had gone out live and there was nothing they could do about it.

But the show was pre-record, and they could have afforded them the opportunity to re-record the song or allow Begley to dub over the proper words after the show. But they chose not to allow her to save face. I wonder did they anticipate the controversy and deliberately go out for that reason. I would be very interested to hear what the RTE stars would have had to say if this show went out on another station.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement