Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"More women have died in domestic violence incidents than have died in gangland fueds".

The real problem being that there are not enough Ryan Tubridy's to come round to the house, break the door down and break both legs of the domestic abuser.

They're big balls :)

Aw, thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They're big balls :)

giphy.gif

Never gets old.

"More women have died in domestic violence incidents than have died in gangland fueds".

The real problem being that there are not enough Ryan Tubridy's to come round to the house, break the door down and break both legs of the domestic abuser.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Problem solved

• Advertisement

How very uplifting just before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Later lads.
    T
    Y
    Y
    S

Utterly pointless comparison, gangland killings are almost exclusively male, with any female casualties usually being accidental. It's akin to saying more male oil rig workers than female are injured every year. Apples and oranges, so to speak.

Problem solved

Welcome to Cavan.

How very uplifting just before Christmas.

I'd say Charles Dickens is looking down on the Tubridy Show this week and saying "Things were really bad during Tub-ensian times"

• Advertisement

Look, I appreciate that this woman has had a tough tough time - and fair play and good luck to her - but I find that this is so depressing and entirely unsuitable for this supposed light entertainment programme. But who am I?

Utterly pointless comparison, gangland killings are almost exclusively male

Yeah I thought it was a ridiculous comparison too. He might as well have said that more women die in domestic abuse situations than get their penis caught in the zipper of their trousers.

Yeah I thought it was a ridiculous comparison too. He might as well have said that more women die in domestic abuse situations than get their penis caught in the zipper of their trousers.

Now there’s an interesting factoid which I must drop into the conversation over the turkey next Wednesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Kindness and nerds

Mother and brother died in fire, addicted to drink, kids taken in to care

"I just love her story".

Watch out for a new word - tender - which I’ve just heard on the RTE ad. I predict it will be a 2020 word. Clearly, kindness, gorgeous, beautiful etc are passé, so 2019

Is that William Shatner's version of Silent Night.

Look, I appreciate that this woman has had a tough tough time - and fair play and good luck to her - but I find that this is so depressing and entirely unsuitable for this supposed light entertainment programme. But who am I?

You're Robert, at least according to your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,223 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

All flights heading to Dublin Airport are now being diverted.

“What are you going to say to them when they arrive?”

“I’ll say to them ‘avoid the misery p0rn ghoul waiting at the gate’”.

• Advertisement

I realise that the airport is the most marvellous place just before Christmas , but I have never, ever heard Ryan so giddy. Of course, I don’t want him to be somber, but he is more excitable than my four year old grandson (and that’s quite an achievement)

In fact, I’m concerned he might explode before 10 o’clock!

“YOU’RE LIVE ON THE RYAN TUBRIDY SHOW!!”

“Oh, sh1te.”

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Is he on something? He's shouty and over excited. There's no need for that. Did he ask Joe Schmit how much was the flight or did I mishear?
    Why is he shouting?

You know, when RTE announced that today Ryan Tubridy was at the airport, it almost made my year. But then I realised that it was just him doing the show for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

Ryan Tubridy >>>> A brainy turd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Maggie seems to think that the more you talk (and talk over guests) the better a presenter you are. She hasn't mentioned that she spent time in England. Yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

bobbyss wrote: »
    Maggie seems to think that the more you talk (and talk over guests) the better a presenter you are. She hasn't mentioned that she spent time in England. Yet

Yes, good critique, interrupted the Hotel dude way too much.

Very gobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

bobbyss wrote: »

I just cant seem to take a presenter (or anyone) with the name "Maggie Doyle" seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've been 'lying in' these mornings. If i was up and about I'd be turning to something else. She brings nothing new to the table. Last time I listened to her it was all 'woke stuff' and 'Aren't women great'. Might as well be Tubbs. There's no originality any more. Everybody sounds the same.

The mothership telling us all not to be racist, sexist, homophobic etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement