Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

“I’m the toy man” he says

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

“I’m the toy man” he says

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

A male version of Ella McSweeney here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Who’s your man?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Who’s your man?

Oliver Callan.

A bold boy

Mutton is the woke meat for Xmas.

He's as bad as Tubbs.

• Advertisement

Who’s your man?

Callan from callans kicks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Wouldn’t have Dave Fanning back there because he’s far better than Tubbs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Did you hear the radio the other morning. Tubridy said that they spent 250 euro on a gumshield type denture fitting that he "needed for the first part of the Toy Show". And he then went on to commend the dentist for giving that money to charity.

I thought the more important thing about this was RTE thinking that this was a good use of taxpayers money. And him having "empathised" with the indebted girl earlier the week

250 wouldn't get him an appointment!

todays indo

"i've gone full goof this time"

Callan did a little Tubridy impression there but you dont hear this much from Irish impressionists.

Why so? It seems like tubridy would be an obvious one to do. Are they worried it would hurt his feelings or something!?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why all the hype about the toy show,are they afraid nobody will watch it ?

I'm trying to remember if the TS was always this hyped? Been hearing about it now for 2 months.

Or is it only a recent thing?

• Advertisement

....Are they worried it would hurt his feelings or something!?
    Not before the toy show!

Even the Wicked witch wasn't that evil to Cinderella on the night of the ball, in the eyes of the Montrose loreds and lafies

It was always talked about in the run-up but Tubbs mentions it at least once a week all year round.

And that's not me exaggerating.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

CNN:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Callan started off the show with a Gaybo impersonation. He was either told to stop or he thought better of it,either way he was crap. They'd have been better off linking up with Gold or lyric for the hour...cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Callan did a little Tubridy impression there but you dont hear this much from Irish impressionists.

Why so? It seems like tubridy would be an obvious one to do. Are they worried it would hurt his feelings or something!?

I think theres a time and a place for Callan because his podcast is fairly scathing at times, moreso at politicians but rte and its presenters do get it too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

From the Mirror:

"And I was an hour-and-a-half singing and dancing in this costume and put it this way, I went into the costume about 12 stone and I came out 9 or 10 stone. It was a sweatfest. It is a sight to behold.

“It’s a big responsibility but it is the most beautiful, kind, cuddly responsibility in the world and I adore it. So I can’t wait.

“I think this year is going to be a little bit more goofy and I thought last year was quite intense so it is full goof this year.”

Hinting at some of the other topics he will explore during the show this year, Tubs said he plans to shed light on the climate change crisis throughout the evening."

Theres not a snowballs chance in hell that lad is 12 stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

CNN:rolleyes:

I nearly crashed the car listening to an RTE employee and a CNN employee talking about how other media organisations were biased and trying to influence the outcome of the last election. When they were effectively Clilnton lobbyists themselves. Where is the challenge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I think theres a time and a place for Callan because his podcast is fairly scathing at times, moreso at politicians but rte and its presenters do get it too in fairness.

Yeah he goes after Marian Finucane pretty hard alright.

Yeah he goes after Marian Finucane pretty hard alright.

Whatever abut the smoking, he always makes a big thing about her being fond of the wine. Gets a mention in every sketch.

Eg. "I'll have a glass of whichever one has the highest number beside the per-cent sign."

Callan started off the show with a Gaybo impersonation. He was either told to stop or he thought better of it,either way he was crap. They'd have been better off linking up with Gold or lyric for the hour...cheaper too.

The brief Tubridy impression he did there didn't sound too convincing either but it made me realise I've never heard anyone doing Tubridy (pardon the pun :pac:). Strange, cos he seems like an obvious candidate.

I wonder would it be seen as unkind.

Maybe he does on his podcast - never heard it. But he seems to be more focused on other presenters.

Anyway, the RTE obsession with impressionists is a bit boring at this stage. It's cheap and easily done I suppose - like cookery programmes

• Advertisement

The brief Tubridy impression he did there didn't sound too convincing either but it made me realise I've never heard anyone doing Tubridy (pardon the pun :pac:). Strange, cos he seems like an obvious candidate.

I wonder would it be seen as unkind.

Maybe he does on his podcast - never heard it. But he seems to be more focused on other presenters.

Anyway, the RTE obsession with impressionists is a bit boring at this stage. It's cheap and easily done I suppose - like cookery programmes

I've heard him doing Tubbs briefly a few times. Never really took the piss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How much of this weeks show will be filled with the spill over from the Toy show?

I'd say he'll get the full week out of it.

NIMAN wrote: »
    How much of this weeks show will be filled with the spill over from the Toy show?

I'd say he'll get the full week out of it.

Week?? It'll go on till Feb. I'm not joking.

Has he mentioned the toy show by any chance

Kindness and crying

Has he mentioned the toy show by any chance

It got a passing mention

'I keep saying kindness.'

Really? I hadn't noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 72,223 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Did Ryan thank Una Healy for her contribution?

Kidding.

:D

Dancing with the Stars contestant parade

• Advertisement

Dancing with the Stars contestant parade

Height of rubbish. Cancel it now and save some money RTÉ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement