Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

sligojoek wrote: »
    You've got a kind face

The kind you'd love to smack!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Overheard on the radio this morning, may not be an exact transcript:

"There's my cousin over there! Hello Mary !! Mary I hope you've a great Christmas...I know its going to be tough for you this year. and I'm thinking about you and your family.....you're in my thoughts"

Grand...leave it there Ryan. No need to go any further...

"I know its been a rough few weeks Mary but your mother was a wonderful woman, a lovely kind person and Im sure you're going to miss her greatly. I'll talk you after anyway"

He actually stopped and then went again...squeezing every last drop of misery out of it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The new caring RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I'm convinced he gets off on it.
    Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Overheard on the radio this morning, may not be an exact transcript:

"There's my cousin over there! Hello Mary !! Mary I hope you've a great Christmas...I know its going to be tough for you this year. and I'm thinking about you and your family.....you're in my thoughts"

Grand...leave it there Ryan. No need to go any further...

"I know its been a rough few weeks Mary but your mother was a wonderful woman, a lovely kind person and Im sure you're going to miss her greatly. I'll talk you after anyway"

He actually stopped and then went again...squeezing every last drop of misery out of it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

You've got a kind face

But that's the word for this week Joe, wouldn't the word be much better if there were a little more kindness. Like the way that the State gives Tubridy 400k when people are sleeping on trolleys. That's kindness in Ireland 2019

• Advertisement

The movie "Elf" is kind now.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is a good interviewee. There’s always a suppressed laugh in her voice (if you know what I mean)

Did he get a brown envelope from the producers of the pope movie?
    Batting away all criticism.

The movie "Elf" is kind now.

I'm actually waiting for another Me Too moment for when Will Ferrell follow the girl elf in to the toilets and started singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Talking about creeping around a hospice:
    "I dont want to bring the show down or anything" - lie! Yes you do!

"Sometimes I forget how what people are going through" - lie! It's all you ever talk about!

• Advertisement

Okay we get it Ryan, all men are bast*rds, except for this dentist chap, who is a great lad altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amlinopta

An insatiable desire for kindness

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Okay we get it Ryan, all men are bast*rds, except for this dentist chap, who is a great lad altogether.

Is this the lad who told Ryan to give the 250 for the false teeth to the SVP?

That's all well and good, but the way I heard the story it's almost as if Ryan is saying he have the 250 away, when in reality it would have been the near bankrupt rte who would be covering the cost of the false teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We often hear the likes of Tubs, Joe Duffy and Darcy are worth their massive salaries because they bring in massive advertising revenue.

I heard Ryan's show yesterday in the car. The first break had 3 adverts.
    1st for the licence fee
    2nd for the undertaker show on rte
    3rd for the Sean O'Rourke show.

Yeah that break was worthwhile for raising money for rte!

NIMAN wrote: »
    We often hear the likes of Tubs, Joe Duffy and Darcy are worth their massive salaries because they bring in massive advertising revenue.

I heard Ryan's show yesterday in the car. The first break had 3 adverts.
    1st for the licence fee
    2nd for the undertaker show on rte
    3rd for the Sean O'Rourke show.

Yeah that break was worthwhile for raising money for rte!

Liveline is broadly similar with a few more RTE orchestra ads thrown in and the occasional car add. I think liveline is sponsored now so at least that must off set some of the wages.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Liveline is broadly similar with a few more RTE orchestra ads thrown in and the occasional car add. I think liveline is sponsored now so at least that must off set some of the wages.

The only reason there's so many car ads at the moment is because the 2020 rush is coming.

The only reason there's so many car ads at the moment is because the 2020 rush is coming.

Good call. I noticed there was some show sponsored by one brand and then having another brand advertising during the break.

It stands out in my mind as it is so far from being able to even dream about buying a new car I am with the rent situation in Dublin it resonated that what was once a possibly reasonable aspiration has become fairytale stuff now so hearing so many ads was noticable!

If I had the price of a new car I'd buy two second hand ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If I had the price of a new car I'd buy two second hand ones.

Wat colour cars would you buy, so to speak?

It must be hard for you to find time to do your Christmas shopping alright Ryan finishing work at 10am in the morning.

Humblebragging about his own kindness now.

• Advertisement

2 Toy Show mentions already.

2 Toy Show mentions already.

3 now.

Plug for this week's Late Late now.

"kind people"

I'm out.

Plug for this week's Late Late now.

Ah give him a break. :D

Ah give him a break. :D

Just because you're in the audience for this week's show is not reason enough to excuse him caller!

:pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

"kind people"

I'm out.

Kind or kindness were words that never cast me a thought. Now when I hear him and Ellen constantly use these words I have came to detest them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"Did you ever see people crying in their cars and you wonder are they happy tears or sad tears".

The misery radar turned up to the max, 24/7.

(P.S. They're probably listening to Joe Duffy).

"Did you ever see people crying in their cars and you wonder are they happy tears or sad tears".

The misery radar turned up to the max, 24/7.

(P.S. They're probably listening to Joe Duffy).

The amount of people in this country who listen to the radio with tears streaming down their face or else dancing around the kitchen makes it seem like we are a nation of joaquin phoenix's joker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

On a bright note hes off for the next few days. A little sabbatical before the Christmas hols.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement