Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

It would be too awkward trying to aim. I'd say that implemented it but scraped it after testing.

Why so?

The price point aswell is a piss take.

Like 30 euros fs.

Capcom have been so good recently. Why taint it with poor decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why so?

The price point aswell is a piss take.

Like 30 euros fs.

Capcom have been so good recently. Why taint it with poor decisions

I'll wager that either Nintendo or their distributor puts a minimum price on quality software to keep their premium image.
    Plus, nothing's stopping you from waiting for a sale.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'll wager that either Nintendo or their distributor puts a minimum price on quality software to keep their premium image.
    Plus, nothing's stopping you from waiting for a sale.

Think the only way they will learn is exactly that. Don't buy it until it's on sale.

Which will probably be in another year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Completely torn on the wrestling games but a new contender has entered the ring. This is out today, 20 quid on PS4 or 16 for the next 2 weeks if you have PS Plus. Looks like a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's wrestling?

• Advertisement

That's wrestling?

I'm very fickle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Anyone any experience with the steam controller? I just bought one off my friend last week as my wired 360 controller finally kicked the bucket. Im finding it very hard to use, using it for Monster Hunter World and when im using the ABYX buttons I find my thumb is pressing against the right touch pad thing and it makes the camera spin around on me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently you get used to the touch controller.

I didn't wait around to find out and just went back to a 360 controller.

Blood and Truth looking really good

Initial previews indicating how good it is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ditto on the Steam controller. Bought it, tried my best to get used to it, hated it, traded it. Good idea, but badly implemented imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah id have preferred getting it over the xbox one pad, but the D-pad and whatever the other yoke is on the pad look terrible and a mare to use so i didnt look twice, what were they thinking tbh :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xbox One pad is a thing of beauty though? Much prefer it to dualshock 4 (which to be fair to it is finally a decent pad for a Sony system).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Id much prefer if it just had 2 analog sticks. I used it for a couple of hours of the last few days and while I've gotten better with it, I still find it hinders me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Completely torn on the wrestling games but a new contender has entered the ring. This is out today, 20 quid on PS4 or 16 for the next 2 weeks if you have PS Plus. Looks like a good laugh.

Looks class, but I'll wait for a review. Shakedown Hawaii is a similar GTA clone out last week, it's tremendous craic.

Had a look at the first half hour or so of american fugitive and I'm totally in the mood for something like that. I'll have to wait until Friday as it's not out on Xbox until then. 15.99 at the minute so I'll give it a go for that kind of money.

Reminds me a little of how to survive or state of decay without the undead horde after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dont really have an issue with the X1 controller or the DS4 regarding function.

The biggest difference between them for me is build quality,the endurance of the DS4 is the worst of any PS controller ive ever had. Rubber wearing off thumbsticks and R2 buttons breaking being the biggest offenders.

It really is ****ty quality imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yeah I had to trade in mine when the buttons got mushy and way too sensitive making games like tekken & dmc unplayable (the only types of games I use a pad for). Luckily CEX took it in for decent store credit and I just payed the difference of €25 on a mint condition newer version thats been lasting me a while. Then again I don't use it often. The touchpad works like a laptop mouse touchpad. :D

I can't use XBOX directional pad for fighters so even though it's better build quality it wouldn't be worth the investment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Agreed I think the Xbox One pad is better than the 360 one as well. My 360 had wobbly thumbsticks with no deadzone so sometimes the screen would turn when I didn't want it to. XO pads have better thumbsticks with a deadzone. Plus the trigger feedback for games that support it.

For fighting games I have an old Street Fighter IV 360 gamepad which has a decent d-pad.

Found the sf4 game pads terrible. Especially for fighting games. All those reviews of them saying they were as good as the Saturn pad. Me arse they were. Awful stuff. Say those people had never touched a Saturn before.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Xbox One pad is a thing of beauty though? Much prefer it to dualshock 4 (which to be fair to it is finally a decent pad for a Sony system).

The top shoulder buttons are complete sh!t I find, if they were like the bottom ones I'd agree.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I used to love the 360 pad but once I used the Xbox One controller I couldn't go back. I've been using a XB One pad for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I used to love the 360 pad but once I used the Xbox One controller I couldn't go back. I've been using a XB One pad for years now.

opposite.

Play on PC but got a XBONE controller and gave it away (itl iterally didnt work msft issue).

But im fine with the 360 pad wired, i do prefer the PS3 pad but the effort of it working with Xinput on PC puts me off the the effort of making it work.

So 360 wired pad for me.

Looks class, but I'll wait for a review. Shakedown Hawaii is a similar GTA clone out last week, it's tremendous craic.

I was very close to buying Shakedown Hawaii but some reviews put me off and I decided to wait for a sale. This has me intrigued as well and reviews so far are saying it's fun but does have its issues, waiting to hear more reviews on it. I can't seem to find how long the game is.

Anyone know how to request refund on the Nintendo eshop? Think you are allowed one refund but can't find anything when logging on to Nintendo online.

Anyone know how to request refund on the Nintendo eshop? Think you are allowed one refund but can't find anything when logging on to Nintendo online.

What did you buy Fred? Tell us of your mistake! :pac:

Pantie Party obviously.

But that wouldn't be a mistake, that would be a win.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pantie Party obviously.

But that wouldn't be a mistake, that would be a win.

Yeah that sounds right, he probably added two copies to the cart from over excitement.. :pac:

nix wrote: »
    What did you buy Fred? Tell us of your mistake! :pac:

One of the prison architect games, it's ****ing terrible :pac:

And no I didn't buy RE4 after complaining about it yesterday for the 8th time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Well, seven copies of RE4 should be enough for anyone.

• Advertisement

Was there a TV recommendation thread on the gaming forum? Can't seem to see one but thought there was.

Edit: nevermind, found it in the PlayStation forum.

Advertisement