Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    While I was out at my local Gamestop today picking up Days Gone, the manager said that The Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 will be released in the autumn/winter of this year.

Many things point to TLOU2 this year, they may announce a date around e3 (like five minutes before/after Microsoft's presentation; the benefits of not commiting to a physical e3 slot :P)

But CDProjeckt has said 2077 is ages away, wonder why he said that. I can't like to the article because I'm a new user, but if you search for 'cyberbunk 2077 a long way away' it's the first result.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ogsjw wrote: »
    Many things point to TLOU2 this year, they may announce a date around e3 (like five minutes before/after Microsoft's presentation; the benefits of not commiting to a physical e3 slot :P)

But CDProjeckt has said 2077 is ages away, wonder why he said that. I can't like to the article because I'm a new user, but if you search for 'cyberbunk 2077 a long way away' it's the first result.

Or they'll hold off on it to be a launch title on PS5

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Or they'll hold off on it to be a launch title on PS5

I believe they've said it'll be on both... bigger install base and all that. PS5 is confirmed backwards compatible anyway, and Spencer has all but confirmed backwards compatibility is the way forward for Xbox too. Judging by the announced specs I can see the PS5 hitting 550 euro at launch, it wouldn't make much financial sense for Projekt to limit themselves to next gen platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Started playing again State of Decoy 2. They added 2 more difficulty levels. Normal mode is just way too easy, but the harder one is really amazing.
    Finished 2 maps fully on normal difficulty before and never lost a survivor. In new difficulty I already lost 3 lol. At one point I nerd ranged badly ... Quit the game, then deleted save and turned off Xbox. An hour later turned it on, made new community and doing waaaay better.

Haven't tried the hardest difficulty and I doubt I will. No way I hate myself that much!!!

So, Dangerous Driving. Have only played a couple of hours of it, and it feels like Burnout 1 with modern graphics. You can tell it was on a budget, and they've done quite well, but it is lacking polish. The crashes are ok, but very easy to get one (simple taps will work). Sometimes the car you made crash will catapult across the screen, or up into the air, which would be fine but the damage modelling is simplistic. It's pure arcade, so i'd imagine that might put people off. It's still early days though, and you have to unlock all the variants of the cars, so it could get a lot better, or a lot worse.

I'll stick with it, it is a fun game at its core but the lack of shine in comparison to Burnout Paradise is quite obvious, but also understandable. Having Spotify with the tracklist from Revenge and Takedown definitely adds to it. I really hope they support it going forward and improve it bit by bit, it could turn into a great game then.

Thanks for that, I'd like to see this game/series/developer do well. Having said that, I'm not sure I'd drop EUR30 on it :o. Definitely pick it up in a sale at some point.

• Advertisement

Great overview of Capcoms history with the Gamecube and the 'Capcom 5'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't that much of a letdown. PN 03 was muck but the games the Gamecube did get were far superior to the versions that were ported to the PS2. Resi 4 in particular got an awful downgrade.

Still waiting on shinji mikami to commit seppuku after resi 4 released on PS2.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wasn't that much of a letdown. PN 03 was muck but the games the Gamecube did get were far superior to the versions that were ported to the PS2. Resi 4 in particular got an awful downgrade.

Still waiting on shinji mikami to commit seppuku after resi 4 released on PS2.

In fairness to the PS2 version at least they did add in additional content, the seperate ways bonus campaign, a new weapon, a new set of costumes, Ada's Report and a cutscene viewer. The core gameplay was still intact and it was very well received. It was also better than the first port of the game to PC :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ok, in fairness it was a massive technical achievement on the PS2 but a lot of atmospheric effects were pared back. They did at least bump it up to full screen as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Most seem to think this a well made fake, so don't get your hopes up. Anyway, it's supposedly a leaked teaser trailer for L4D3 (saw it on reddit initially).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Most seem to think this a well made fake, so don't get your hopes up. Anyway, it's supposedly a leaked teaser trailer for L4D3 (saw it on reddit initially).

Looks like most of it is ripped from REmake 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We can but dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ah would love a new l4d game

What tips me off that it's fake is the lack of characters/character animation. I mean with Index coming out who knows, but I don't think it's legit. Tjhere's a darker horror vibe in that video, so maybe they could be pushing that for the headset, a few years late to the screaming streamer game? Also that video title is hilarious, totallylegitleakrighthereguys.avi would've been more subtle.

The product placement in what's supposed to be a teaser trailer seems off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The end of the teaser stood out to me. Car engine turns and starts - fade to black - car engine starts again - hand appears. A cleaner, professional teaser would've panned from the car to the hand without the fade to black. Regardless it seems like Valve are finished making games. I can't see this being L4D3.

Notorious wrote: »
    A cleaner, professional teaser would've panned from the car to the hand without the fade to black.

Well, that's more of an opinion, direction wise I don't see anything 'unprofessional' other that them trying to hide the fact they didn't have several well paid character artists/animators for this little stunt :pac:

Valve also just released a card game, so they do release new games... just none that anybody wants, judging by Artifacts concurrent numbers...

Valve have confirmed it's a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I know it's a permanent fixture in the industry now but I hate looking up info on a new/current game and reading "roadmap".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I thought Steam's new headset was unironically going to ship with the launch of HL3 but it's probably a Portal title because that theme fits with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I thought Steam's new headset was unironically going to ship with the launch of HL3 but it's probably a Portal title because that theme fits with it.

Portal would be a spew fest in VR, some people can barely handle flight sims.

I'm not really interested in what Valve are releasing VR wise, their games do nothing for me, by and large.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm pretty sure that no matter what condition HL3 would be in when/if it's released, it won't live up to hype. Unless it comes with free coke and hookers. Then it might.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

HL3 will come out when we see a leap in technology. They've waited this long that Gabe has admitted they have to have it be something revolutionary.

I'm pretty sure they thought VR was that tech and it still might be but stuff like the index won't make it to the masses at over 1,000 euro entry point. VR is something you have to experience to "get" and not enough people are going to be exposed to it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Cordell

Not doing it is not waiting and it will never come out, or if it ever will it can't be anything but disappointing to the ones that waited for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

This year has been dire for games so far in contrast to the last few years. Almost nothing of note out yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another interesting 'insider' article from Kotaku: truthfully it never occurred that with the HD fidelity of the modern MK, there would be a lot of intense research to match, and that there'd be an adverse affect on devs' mental health. I couldn't imagine a workplace where I'd be surrounded by pictures of literal slaughter and death.

Netherrealm have been in the wars lately as another adherent to 'crunch', but leaving that to one side, I hope this gives them a belated kick to invest in some office psychologists and ... yes, safe spaces.

https://kotaku.com/id-have-these-extremely-graphic-dreams-what-its-like-t-1834611691

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Cina wrote: »
    This year has been dire for games so far in contrast to the last few years. Almost nothing of note out yet.

There's been one or two personal hits so far, but you're right, the second half of the year can only get better :D

Been a pretty great start for me. Resi 2 was a fantastic remake. Ace Combat 7 is my current game of the year and some of the most fun I've had with a game in years. You've also got Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro. Plenty of good indie games and Yoshi on the Switch is a lot of fun. It's always going to be quiet now on the run up to E3 and summer with the big games out in Spring.

And yes, Ace Combat 7 really is that good and more people should play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

......Sekiro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't say dire, particularly for Switch owners, but we're reaching the end of the current console generation so things are naturally slowing down as development focus turns to the next boxes.

Advertisement