Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

I have one physical and one virtual card and when I try to add a disposable virtual card it says I have to pay 5.99?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I have one physical and one virtual card and when I try to add a disposable virtual card it says I have to pay 5.99?

Maybe update the app?
    Had "€5.99 Free" on mine earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I had 2 options (iPhone)

Virtual - (was 5.99, now free)
    virtual disposable - free

I went with the virtual disposable option

I was willing to pay the €5.99 for the virtual disposable card as its the only feature i felt i was missing on the basic plan however i added it and i wasn't charged. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

cisk wrote: »
    I was willing to pay the €5.99 for the virtual disposable card as its the only feature i felt i was missing on the basic plan however i added it and i wasn't charged. Happy days.

Yes ,I'm not sure why one would pay for the premium plan now if extra virtual cards and disposable cards are free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Dodge wrote: »
    I had 2 options (iPhone)

Virtual - (was 5.99, now free)
    virtual disposable - free

I went with the virtual disposable option

I'm on Android.
    I was given options of both a Virtual Card and Disposable cards.

I requested a Virtual.Card and got it. The disposable cards are still available.

Are disposable cards safer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Are disposable cards safer?

Once you have used the disposal card details it will generate new details.

Its a use once card so it has some restrictions due to that but overall it is safer as only a single transaction should be possible on it.

The virtual card stays the same for the whole time, it's the same as plastic just online only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is this something like the 3V vouchers that used to be sold back in the days of laser cards that didn't work online?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

flazio wrote: »
    Is this something like the 3V vouchers that used to be sold back in the days of laser cards that didn't work online?

It's better. You can top it up with your debit or credit card, then use your revolut card online or in shops to buy stuff. It's brilliant if you're traveling, no exchange fees until you hit a monthly limit of 6000, saving you from having to buy currency

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

flazio wrote: »
    _Godot_ wrote: »
    It's better. You can top it up with your debit or credit card, then use your revolut card online or in shops to buy stuff. It's brilliant if you're traveling, no exchange fees until you hit a monthly limit of 6000, saving you from having to buy currency

And you can add it to Google Pay and use it for mobile payments. It works like a normal contactless that way.

Most irish banks don't even support that on their normal cards.

So, if you lets say wanted to give a family member the ability to use Google Pay, but restrict the amount per month you want them to be able to spend. A virtual card is the perfect candidate for that.

You can also add the virtual card as a card to Curve. And give them a plastic card that way, without using your own plastic cards.

Having said that, with both Premium and Free cards being Visa now, Curve is a good alternative to get a Mastercard as a backup.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Marlow wrote: »
    Having said that, with both Premium and Free cards being Visa now, Curve is a good alternative to get a Mastercard as a backup.
    /M

Being able to add Virtual cards to google pay (& I assume Apple) is very hand all right.

Interestingly I haven't been able to avail of a free disposable card, or even got the option to pay - every time I try to add one I get an error "We're sorry, something has gone wrong. Please try later" Have reinstalled the app and everything to no avail. (Although that was initially to overcome a problem with the 3DS verification page not coming up for my top-ups meaning they all failed after 20 mins of pending. Didn't help the issue with adding a disposable card.)

Could be that I already have two virtual cards (one Visa one Mastercard). Added the 2nd when there was a "bug" in the beta app.

msmx5 wrote: »
    Could be that I already have two virtual cards (one Visa one Mastercard). Added the 2nd when there was a "bug" in the beta app.

More than likely.

/M

Interestingly I haven't been able to avail of a free disposable card, or even got the option to pay - every time I try to add one I get an error "We're sorry, something has gone wrong. Please try later"

That error usually happens when Revolut have limited your account in some manner.
    I keep getting it when I try to add an extra virtual card to replace one that expired.
    Saying that, I do have 3 virtual cards and 2 physical .
    You can supposedly have a maximum of 5 virtual cards but Yggr of Asgard said that no longer seems to be the case.

Zardoz wrote: »
    That error usually happens when Revolut have limited your account in some manner.
    I keep getting it when I try to add an extra virtual card to replace one that expired.
    Saying that, I do have 3 virtual cards and 2 physical .
    You can supposedly have a maximum of 5 virtual cards but Yggr of Asgard said that no longer seems to be the case.

When you hit the button to add another virtual card, it should tell you what your maximum is.

Does it say: "Sorry, you have reached your virtual card limit." and then the amount of cards you can have ? And how many are those ?

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    When you hit the button to add another virtual card, it should tell you what your maximum is.

Does it say: "Sorry, you have reached your virtual card limit." and then the amount of cards you can have ? And how many are those ?

/M

No,it just says "We're sorry, something has gone wrong. Please try later"

Same here no info on the limit.

I currently have enough cards to keep me going:-

5 Physical (one expired and gone from app, 4 in date) and 2 Virtual
    1. Mastercard (expired)
    2. Mastercard (Rev Pay)
    3. Visa
    4. Mastercard (1st batch which could be linked to Gpay)
    5. Visa (Gpay)

Virtual 1x Mastercard, 1x Visa

Same here no info on the limit.

I currently have enough cards to keep me going:-

1. Mastercard (expired)
    2. Mastercard (Rev Pay)
    3. Visa
    4. Mastercard (1st batch which could be linked to Gpay)
    5. Visa (Gpay)

Virtual 1x Mastercard, 1x Visa

I thought you can only have 2 physical cards ?
    You have 2 Premium and 2 standard Physical cards is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Is there a way to attach a receipt within Revolut?

I'm doing grocery shopping for my elderly neighbour. I pay with Revolut and then neighbour's daughter Jo reimburses me with her Revolut.
    If I do a payment request to Jo, there's no way to attach a receipt, there is a place to add a label/text but probably limited.
    The alternative is to do Split Payment on the charge and have her pay 100% so at least that way she knows the vendor name.

I know I could scan the receipt and email or WhatsApp it to Jo, but I want to keep it simpler.

If you upgrade from standard to Premium with 2 cards in it, then 3 max. When you then upgrade to Metal, add a metal card.

But if one of those expires, then you can not order more until you are back down to 2. (So 3 max)

The Rev Pay he mentions was a special beta, that does not count. Same as the pride card.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

leck wrote: »
    Is there a way to attach a receipt within Revolut?

I'm doing grocery shopping for my elderly neighbour. I pay with Revolut and then neighbour's daughter Jo reimburses me with her Revolut.
    If I do a payment request to Jo, there's no way to attach a receipt, there is a place to add a label/text but probably limited.
    The alternative is to do Split Payment on the charge and have her pay 100% so at least that way she knows the vendor name.

I know I could scan the receipt and email or WhatsApp it to Jo, but I want to keep it simpler.

There's an option when you click on a payment to attach a receipt. Scroll down.

• Advertisement

There's an option when you click on a payment to attach a receipt. Scroll down.
    I can't see that.

I go Payments, choose name, Request, enter Euro amt, three options on that screen are Add GIF and Add Note and the Request button. I can't scroll down that page. Once I hit the Request button, the request is sent with no other options than Cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I can't see that.

I go Payments, choose name, Request, enter Euro amt, three options on that screen are Add GIF and Add Note and the Request button. I can't scroll down that page. Once I hit the Request button, the request is sent with no other options than Cancel.

I think they mean on the actual transaction there's an option to add receipt.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Interestingly I haven't been able to avail of a free disposable card, or even got the option to pay - every

I also have virtual Visa and MC cards, as well as four physical cards, and had no issue adding a disposable virtual card yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Go into the settings and disable "trust this device", wait a few minutes and enable it again. You might need to enter a text confirmation.

This has fixed some of these errors for some users.

I think they mean on the actual transaction there's an option to add receipt.
    Thanks I found it now.

Does Revolut often show the wrong vendor name? In this instance the shop was Aldi, but Revolut shows the transaction as Ireland West Airport.

Go into the settings and disable "trust this device", wait a few minutes and enable it again. You might need to enter a text confirmation.

Thanks for the tip ,I tried it now but unfortunately it didn't work .
    It was worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Thanks I found it now.

Does Revolut often show the wrong vendor name? In this instance the shop was Aldi, but Revolut shows the transaction as Ireland West Airport.

Yeah, I think it normally sorts itself after the vendor completes the demand.

No I'm on the free plan. 4 standard physical ones currently in date.
    I think I had the original Mastercard, then I was offered a Visa when they started offering them first. I think the Visa they gave me had some issues on London Underground/TFL so they offered a replacement (original still works) and finally I signed up to the RevPay beta. Plus a card thats gone out of date. Then the two virtual cards.

Really, I have far too many cards, I only need one or two physical ones - what, with google pay and the virtual cards its not as if I'm stuck for options.

On an aside - I used the live agent support option recently - I don't often have a need for support, and have heard some bad stories of wait times and poor service - I was pretty impressed, wait time was very short <1 min and the agent was knowledgeable. I was busy working while on to them so I was a bit slow with the back and forth as I tried some of the things they suggested. In the heel of the hunt the agent handed over to another one (due to shift ending) and then again and each agent I dealt with was very helpful and genuinely seemed to be knowledgeable - they weren't making silly suggestions or repeating steps that I told them I'd already tried. So clap on the back to Revolut support.

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately didn't work for me this time. I'll report back if I get it sorted.

UPDATE:
    I got onto support and they were able to answer me.

".. you were not able to order the disposable cards anymore as there are already 6 active cards on your account" .... "Unfortunately, number of cards active is limited to a certain number."

So I asked if I deleted one of the Virtual cards could I then order a disposable card....

"I am afraid that a user can order a disposable card provided that less than 5 cards are active."

Just as well I asked - looks like I would need to delete two cards to be able to get a disposable card. (not planning to for the moment)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately didn't work for me this time. I'll report back if I get it sorted.

UPDATE:
    I got onto support and they were able to answer me.

".. you were not able to order the disposable cards anymore as there are already 6 active cards on your account" .... "Unfortunately, number of cards active is limited to a certain number."

So I asked if I deleted one of the Virtual cards could I then order a disposable card....

"I am afraid that a user can order a disposable card provided that less than 5 cards are active."

Just as well I asked - looks like I would need to delete two cards to be able to get a disposable card. (not planning to for the moment)

Hmm, I already had six active cards (four physical & two virtual) and was able to order a disposable virtual card a few days ago. :confused:

Advertisement