Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭sk8board

Lantus wrote: »
    When I was doing 500km plus a week I didn't need new tyres on my diesel octavia after 2 years. And then only front needed doing. Back still good after 4 years and 100k. Presumably you cannot insist they are replaced. Only if criteria is met? Sounds like more easy money for dealer with a fearful insurance package.

I agree.
    It’s odd from an economic standpoint that EVs suit the high-miler far more than the low/city miler, as the high purchase price is softened by the fuel savings argument.

I spent until lockdown shopping for an EV replacement for my 152 420d GC (doing 30k pa) and now that I’m at home-working ‘forever’ I’m not only not looking at EVs, I’m actually looking to sell and be a one car family again.
    I renewed my BMW main dealer warranty this morning for €416, which will take the car up to 7 years old under full new-car warranty. A no-brainer, while I sit and watch the EV market improve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

GavMan wrote: »
    The configurator with no extras prices out at 44500 thereabouts and includes the warranty you mention. But that does not include the vat off and grant. That comes to about 7500.

So brings it back to 37k or so.

I don't like to hear Skoda are charging over ROTR. I bought my first Kodiaq from Sheeys in Naas and even though they basically sell themselves, I found them very engaged and willing to do a deal. I then got a very good deal from them later in the year to trade in on a new factory order kodiaq with some options that I wanted. Ended up costing me less per month because of 0% PCP and no money down because of the equity in the first car.

Unfortunately I would assume dealers are taking advantage of those wanting one very early in the cycle and them looking to claw back covid losses. This thing is only out in the last 2 weeks. I would bet when 221 rolls around, things will be more competitive. Especially as more EV models come on stream for other brands.

Plus 2K delivery and registration...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sk8board wrote: »
    I agree.
    It’s odd from an economic standpoint that EVs suit the high-miler far more than the low/city miler, as the high purchase price is softened by the fuel savings argument.

I spent until lockdown shopping for an EV replacement for my 152 420d GC (doing 30k pa) and now that I’m at home-working ‘forever’ I’m not only not looking at EVs, I’m actually looking to sell and be a one car family again.
    I renewed my BMW main dealer warranty this morning for €416, which will take the car up to 7 years old under full new-car warranty. A no-brainer, while I sit and watch the EV market improve

Where did you get your new car warranty for €416?
    I’m being quoted over double that for the bmw insured warranty on a 520d.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭sk8board

Gumbo wrote: »
    Where did you get your new car warranty for €416?
    I’m being quoted over double that for the bmw insured warranty on a 520d.

OT sorry.

I bought the car new and have used bmw-warranty.ie each year since it was 3 years old, so this is my 4th time renewing at €416. It’s BMW’s own warranty extension, so it’s ‘official’ and logged in their system any time I’ve asked.
    That’s for a bumper-to-bumper warranty, with basic roadside assistance and €135 excess. 94,000 km’s.
    I know the price increases when the mileage goes beyond certain points.

I suggest call them, that’s what I’ve done the last 2 years - I think the site has a bug whereby it asks for ‘mileage’ but doesnt understand KMs. It’s a U.K. operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Plus 2K delivery and registration...

And that is set out in the table adding up to the ROTR Price. There's nothing hidden here. Dealers are just making hay off the back of demand and taking a bit for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

I wonder about the fairness of the pricing & transparency to customer. I rang a Skoda dealer and was told the Enyaq 80 would cost close to 55K off which you then take the SEAI grant which will only be 2500 from 1st July plus VRT rebate. This is still a huge gap compared to the ROTR price on Skoka website of 44K.

Delivery & service pack is ridiculous @ 2K, back to Kia for EV6 I think.

ec_pc wrote: »
    I wonder about the fairness of the pricing & transparency to customer. I rang a Skoda dealer and was told the Enyaq 80 would cost close to 55K off which you then take the SEAI grant which will only be 2500 from 1st July plus VRT rebate. This is still a huge gap compared to the ROTR price on Skoka website of 44K.

Delivery & service pack is ridiculous @ 2K, back to Kia for EV6 I think.

The grant is still €5000 after the 1st of July it's unchanged for a full EV. As you say Skoda really need to see how their brand is being sold, the attitude from their salesmen is terrible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sk8board wrote: »
    OT sorry.

I bought the car new and have used bmw-warranty.ie each year since it was 3 years old, so this is my 4th time renewing at €416. It’s BMW’s own warranty extension, so it’s ‘official’ and logged in their system any time I’ve asked.
    That’s for a bumper-to-bumper warranty, with basic roadside assistance and €135 excess. 94,000 km’s.
    I know the price increases when the mileage goes beyond certain points.

I suggest call them, that’s what I’ve done the last 2 years - I think the site has a bug whereby it asks for ‘mileage’ but doesnt understand KMs. It’s a U.K. operation.

Our 2014 520d only has 77k km and was an AUC too.
    I didn’t renew it so not worth singing now. €416 is cheap. I was never quoted below €800.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rossf961

unkel wrote: »
    And of course the depreciation on the EV will be much lower and you will save thousands a year in lower maintenance and fuel costs. It really is a no-brainer now to no longer buy a petrol / diesel car when there is a similar form factor EV available for reasonable money. Thankfully people are finally beginning to understand this. I see ID.3 and ID.4 absolutely everywhere. VW is cleaning up here and fair play to them :D

I would love to believe the depreciation point, but I think its a little hard to judge at the minute.

As time goes on (specifically next year) EVs will become more common, supply chains will go back to normal, more competitors to Tesla and VW will come into their own, battery technology will evolve, etc.

This point is what is currently stopping me buying a new Tesla, so very interested in any retort :'D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

rossf961 wrote: »
    I would love to believe the depreciation point, but I think its a little hard to judge at the minute.

As time goes on (specifically next year) EVs will become more common, supply chains will go back to normal, more competitors to Tesla and VW will come into their own, battery technology will evolve, etc.

This point is what is currently stopping me buying a new Tesla, so very interested in any retort :'D

I think your right to wait a little longer as loads more new EV's are coming onto the market, and more competition will hopefully see prices ease or things like scrapple deals and low rate finance become more common, but the risk is that government grants start to disappear sooner rather than later and the VRT increases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rossf961

Casati wrote: »
    I think your right to wait a little longer as loads more new EV's are coming onto the market, and more competition will hopefully see prices ease or things like scrapple deals and low rate finance become more common, but the risk is that government grants start to disappear sooner rather than later and the VRT increases.

Yeah great point on the potential ending of grants, at least for certain price ranges. I think we can see the direction they are going in, given the 60+ price range now won't get a grant. I'm sure that threshold will come down as feasible/practical options for a lower price start to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Just out from the local Skoda garage. Went to see the Eniaq.
    No need to repeat what people have already said regarding the car.
    I’ll just point out that I asked the dealer what he thought of the car himself to which he said - he still thinks ICE is the future… My jaw dropped… I told him that after over 200k km in an EV he’d never have me look at any of his diesel/petrol Scalas and Octavias. He seemingly had no interest in having any sort of a discussion so gladly left his Dino-ship…

peposhi wrote: »
    I’ll just point out that I asked the dealer what he thought of the car himself to which he said - he still thinks ICE is the future… My jaw dropped… I told him that after over 200k km in an EV he’d never have me look at any of his diesel/petrol Scalas and Octavias. He seemingly had no interest in having any sort of a discussion so gladly left his Dino-ship…

Well, if that's how he feels it's how he feels. There are many who feel like him. I'm on the fence myself the way my current diesel car has held its value is encouraging me to stick with what I have for another year or two and see how things pan out. Brexit is really starting to bite in the dealerships now, the stock numbers in the yards are really starting to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Too late for that, that ship has sailed. Govt have been sliding down the grants year on year... removed for hybrid a few years ago, removed PHEV the following year, now reducing it for BEVs above €60k.... next year will no doubt bring another slide in support.

And this could also be one of the reasons why depreciation will hold a bit better for EV's since the manufacturers do not appear to be dropping their prices much as the grants are being removed so it will make the second hand market hold up... but it is hard to tell for sure, of course.

Ultimately, waiting until the next year could work for or against you. There will always be something better around the corner. Buy the car that suits you today and go with it.

KCross wrote: »
    It is a thing for EVs, yes.

VW, and presumbaly Skoda, have changed their service plans for EV's to include tyres because they cant charge for oil/filter so they had to put something extra into the deal to make it work.

The VW service plan for their BEV's has the usual pollen filter, brake fluid and inspection stuff in the cheaper plans. Not sure they are worth it because the service interval is unlimited mileage and every 2 years so you dont get much for your "S" service plan as you would only get one service out of it and it costs €288. Thats an expensive service.

The next one up, "M", includes brake pads and wipers and the price goes to €504.... again, not worth it.... you wont burn through the pads and wipers are a <€50 DIY job.

But the "L" service plan includes all the above plus a set of 4 tyres for a total price of €648. The tyres alone could be more than €648, particularly the larger rim versions. And presumbaly you'll want to book the car in for its 2 yr inspection anyway to get the book stamped so you are effectively getting the service for free as you'd have the buy the tyres regardless unless you are a low mileage user in which case you might skip the service plans entirely.

Basically, if you think you will burn a set of tyres within 2 years then you should be signing up for the "L" service plan (or whatever the equivalent Skoda one is).

I dont see the Skoda Enyaq service plan on their website but I bet its much the same as VW's.

Does the VW service plan include motor/ inverter coolant fluid change? I understand this due every 45km on some EV’s and apparently costs €750?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Does the VW service plan include motor/ inverter coolant fluid change? I understand this due every 45km on some EV’s and apparently costs €750?

I’m not aware that the IDs require it. The ID service is unlimited mileage and every 2yrs so you definitely don’t have to do it every 45k km’s. Whatever EV requires that sounds like a shakedown from the dealer.

I would expect a service plan to include everything that’s required for normal maintenance.

KCross wrote: »
    I’m not aware that the IDs require it. The ID service is unlimited mileage and every 2yrs so you definitely don’t have to do it every 45k km’s. Whatever EV requires that sounds like a shakedown from the dealer.

I would expect a service plan to include everything that’s required for normal maintenance.

All Kia EV’s require the coolant change every 45k or 3 years. I know they got a lot of public backlash with the cost so might have reduced it. I know from family member in US that the Bolt and old RAV4 EV both needed it changed too but maybe it’s not needed on other ev’s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

All Kia EV’s require the coolant change every 45k or 3 years. I know they got a lot of public backlash with the cost so might have reduced it. I know from family member in US that the Bolt and old RAV4 EV both needed it changed too but maybe it’s not needed on other ev’s

I've heard this repeated over and over, but I've never seen anything official about it.

I had a service plan with the e-Niro, and when it was in for a service I asked the master tech about it. His exact words were "sounds like bollox to me". According to him, the coolant is glycol and water, much the same as engine coolant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Challenging times ahead for cars that need less servicing and the current workforce that keeps those cars running.

Lantus wrote: »
    Challenging times ahead for cars that need less servicing and the current workforce that keeps those cars running.

Yep.. many are getting out of the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Panel beaters will still be in demand judging by some of the drivers on the road :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

peposhi wrote: »

It's going to be hard for ICE to be the future when they are prevented from selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well, if that's how he feels it's how he feels. There are many who feel like him. I'm on the fence myself the way my current diesel car has held its value is encouraging me to stick with what I have for another year or two and see how things pan out. Brexit is really starting to bite in the dealerships now, the stock numbers in the yards are really starting to fall.

You like everyone else will jump ship with gusto when diesel are prevented from driving in cities.

I hate my diesel smelly dirty yoke I hate putting fuel in it it stinks on your hands at they pump unless you've gloves on. They're redeeming features aren't many.

I hate servicing it.

listermint wrote: »
    You like everyone else will jump ship with gusto when diesel are prevented from driving in cities.

I hate my diesel smelly dirty yoke I hate putting fuel in it it stinks on your hands at they pump unless you've gloves on. They're redeeming features aren't many.

I hate servicing it.

I couldn't tell you the last time I drove in a city.. I've never smelt diesel fumes from my car ever, being euro6 probably helps in that respect. I just bring it to the garage to get it serviced the same as would need to be done with an EV.

deravarra wrote: »
    Panel beaters will still be in demand judging by some of the drivers on the road :P

A dying industry too being systematically wiped out by insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

A dying industry too being systematically wiped out by insurance companies.

Not everyone will agree with that. I know a few doing a roaring trade.
    Although I must stress, I do not put any business their way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

Ah yes I see only one problem Mr Skoda.....
    It another SUV .......I despise the things ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

I've heard this repeated over and over, but I've never seen anything official about it.

I had a service plan with the e-Niro, and when it was in for a service I asked the master tech about it. His exact words were "sounds like bollox to me". According to him, the coolant is glycol and water, much the same as engine coolant.

Confirmed as a requirement by a KIA salesman to me when I was looking at an e-niro. Also confirmed that the service plan did not cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

If it's any consolation, when I got the L40 serviced by Nissan on year 3, I turned down the offer of coolant change. The corrosion inhibitors on the OAT based coolants do not wear out and don't have any fixed drain interval even in ICE where they work much harder.

The service note did say that my "engine" may now overheat as the result, hah. If they had said something about the corrosion resistance I might have been inclined to bite, but that engine overheating was a bit embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

E30M3 wrote: »
    Confirmed as a requirement by a KIA salesman to me when I was looking at an e-niro. Also confirmed that the service plan did not cover it.

Ah well then, if a car salesman said it... :P

When I was buying the Ioniq the salesman told me it had bi-xenon headlights. It has LED low beam and halogen full beam. :D

It's a good plan by the dealers to get a lot of money for a simple job with relatively little material cost.

Advertisement