Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

Ah well then, if a car salesman said it... :P

When I was buying the Ioniq the salesman told me it had bi-xenon headlights. It has LED low beam and halogen full beam. :D

It's a good plan by the dealers to get a lot of money for a simple job with relatively little material cost.

Except it didn't serve his agenda as he was trying to sell me a car, I doubt he would have stated it unless it was a specified and it was a negative in his view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCudMHFBAYY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

E30M3 wrote: »
    Except it didn't serve his agenda as he was trying to sell me a car, I doubt he would have stated it unless it was a specified and it was a negative in his view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCudMHFBAYY

So not €750 then.

I'd still tell the dealer not to do it. It's not necessary. It's not like it wears out or becomes less effective over time. And if it's not included in a service package, it mustn't be a service item.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

So not €750 then.

I'd still tell the dealer not to do it. It's not necessary. It's not like it wears out or becomes less effective over time. And if it's not included in a service package, it mustn't be a service item.

I didn't mention a price at any stage.

I'd want to be very sure that it wouldn't invalidate the 7 year warranty before I would skip it but that's a decision for each individual to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

E30M3 wrote: »
    I didn't mention a price at any stage.

I'd want to be very sure that it wouldn't invalidate the 7 year warranty before I would skip it but that's a decision for each individual to make.

I said 750 as I saw on an Irish car reviewer on youtube show a copy of an invoice for an Irish garage

listermint wrote: »
    You like everyone else will jump ship with gusto when diesel are prevented from driving in cities.

I hate my diesel smelly dirty yoke I hate putting fuel in it it stinks on your hands at they pump unless you've gloves on. They're redeeming features aren't many.

I hate servicing it.

Is there something wrong with yours? Does it have a dpf? If it has a dpf it's cleaner than a petrol.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-03714-9

The US state of California mandated dpfs be added to older diesels. Europe is just planning a ban instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Not cleaner than petrol when it comes to NOx gases. PM isn't the only pollutant. Anyway, listermint was talking of jumping ship to an EV. This is the EV forum after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭CoBo55

garo wrote: »
    Not cleaner than petrol when it comes to NOx gases. PM isn't the only pollutant. Anyway, listermint was talking of jumping ship to an EV. This is the EV forum after all.

He was having a stab at me in his usual fashion but disappeared when I presented him with a few facts. I don't know what he drives tbh but if it's stinking of diesel he should consider changing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Just checking, the Enyaq comes with a single phase charger. Only mention of it I see is the charging cable (1 phase 32A)

Brochure mentions 11kw(3 phase) but no mention of that anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

It either comes as standard on the 60 or is an optional extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

CoBo55 wrote: »
    He was having a stab at me in his usual fashion but disappeared when I presented him with a few facts. I don't know what he drives tbh but if it's stinking of diesel he should consider changing.

I've two diesels a Van and a Volvo V60 anyone who considers diesels clean hasn't a notion. DPFs my arse. Can't even stand filling it at the pump , if you get a lick of it on your hand it's stinks.

Can't wait to be rid.

Anyway this is an Enyaq thread in an ev forum. No one's having a go at you don't be so precious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

graememk wrote: »
    Just checking, the Enyaq comes with a single phase charger. Only mention of it I see is the charging cable (1 phase 32A)

Brochure mentions 11kw(3 phase) but no mention of that anywhere else.

Weirdly I was looking at the configurator before and I saw an cable pack, but just went back now and the cable pack seems to be gone?

And now in the configurator as well is :5 years / 150,000km Warranty at 650 euros which wasnt there before :)

Toppy

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭robbie_63

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Weirdly I was looking at the configurator before and I saw an cable pack, but just went back now and the cable pack seems to be gone?

And now in the configurator as well is :5 years / 150,000km Warranty at 650 euros which wasnt there before :)

Toppy

Is the standard 3 year warranty still included in the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭innrain

Auto express no 1682 from June 16th has a 32 pages special about Enyaq.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I have looked through this thread and see varying comments on the Enyaq.

I was looking at one at the dealer when I had my car in for service.

It looks a fantastic car but cost is outside my range at the moment.

What is the overall assessment of those of you that have one - do you recommend?

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

dixiefly wrote: »
    I have looked through this thread and see varying comments on the Enyaq.

I was looking at one at the dealer when I had my car in for service.

It looks a fantastic car but cost is outside my range at the moment.

What is the overall assessment of those of you that have one - do you recommend?

No one has one yet, but the general consensus is it's a good car, possibly ruined by everything being an optional extra. Certainly not VW's cheaper cousin anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

No one has one yet, but the general consensus is it's a good car, possibly ruined by everything being an optional extra. Certainly not VW's cheaper cousin anymore.

Well, the enyaq isn't - thats for sure.
    Drove one about 2 weeks ago. Loved it!

Some kick in that acceleration, and when driving on a motorway at around 90-95 kph, it was more frugal than i thought it would be, coming in around 150-160w per km. That was with the 21 inch alloys, a/c on, music blaring etc.

Connectivity to the system was excellent via android auto. Loved the UI.

Only downside to me was setting the Cruise Control and Limiter was a little fiddly. But then again, this would be something i was never shown on this car.

I would most likely go for a fair share of the extras, and wouldn't mind paying a little over the odds for a beautiful car.
    This time, we can't really blame the VRT for pushing up the price so much, but rather the brand, the importers and distributers.

If I had the money in my pocket right now, I'd be ordering a black or quartz mettalic one with leather, 21 inch wheels, Driver assistance pack, climate plus pack, comfort pack, convenience pack with alarm, sunroof, and maybe a heat pump. Thats 60k before any grants.

Crazy money - but classy car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Anyone know what % VRT would be on this vehicle?

finbarrk wrote: »
    Anyone know what % VRT would be on this vehicle?

7%

There is a vet rebate too but it's complicated.

If the car is 40k or lower the vrt rebate is 5k
    If it's 50k it's 0.

Between 40 and 50 it's pro rats down.until it hits 0 at 50k

7%

There is a vet rebate too but it's complicated.

If the car is 40k or lower the vrt rebate is 5k
    If it's 50k it's 0.

Between 40 and 50 it's pro rats down.until it hits 0 at 50k

Which price is that based on? The Dealer quoted sales price or the rrp from the manufacturer?

I had looked at one a few weeks ago and the dealer wouldn't give me the breakdown, I suspected they were claiming the 5k vrt rebate and only giving me half that as they kept saying the rebate was only coming in at €2,500

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Which price is that based on? The Dealer quoted sales price or the rrp from the manufacturer?

I had looked at one a few weeks ago and the dealer wouldn't give me the breakdown, I suspected they were claiming the 5k vrt rebate and only giving me half that as they kept saying the rebate was only coming in at €2,500

I think it's the price, before the seai grant. To my understanding vrt is sort of a backwards calculation, but it's all built into the price.

The flat 5k one is gone, for cars over 40k, before the seai grant. At the same time they changed the vrt % from 14 to 7%.

2500ish sounds about right

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking the same but the dealer trying to hide the figures really put me off so we walked away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

I think it's the price, before the seai grant. To my understanding vrt is sort of a backwards calculation, but it's all built into the price.

The flat 5k one is gone, for cars over 40k, before the seai grant. At the same time they changed the vrt % from 14 to 7%.

2500ish sounds about right

Where are you getting this info?

I was given to understand that a full rebate of 5k was for cars up to 50k

deravarra wrote: »
    Where are you getting this info?

I was given to understand that a full rebate of 5k was for cars up to 50k

It was in the last budget, came in in January. I'll dig it up.

There is still the 5k seai up to 60k

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114945857&postcount=145

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Well I can't complain about the depreciation on my 191 diesel superb it holding its value very nicely. Depreciation on my work colleagues Leaf was absolutely horrendous he was disgusted with Nissan's offer. Once a year servicing for the Superb costs the same as his ev. I don't see any Superb equivalent EV for reasonable money anywhere, they're either stupidly expensive or the size of a bean tin...

I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

robbie_63 wrote: »

Seems fairly clear in terms of how much the vrt rebate is on the skoda Enyak pricelist:

https://www.skoda.ie/_doc/690a510f-d432-4978-aa29-cdc328ac1942

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭ted1

fafy wrote: »
    Seems fairly clear in terms of how much the vrt rebate is on the skoda Enyak pricelist:

What’s the story with the rebate. I got prices off Frank Keane recently got ID3 and ID4 and while they took off the SEAI grant there was no mention of the rebate.

fafy wrote: »

Yes its clear on the Skoda site but the dealers don't follow,

We went in to buy a standard 60 model recently and the dealer was 2-3k over the Skoda pricelist but wouldn't give us a breakdown of where the extra cost was,

Even if they had just said that was their charge it would have explained it but they put us off with their attitude so we bought an ID4 instead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Dead right, not that you can trust any dealer but in a case like that I'd deffo walk

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Dead right, not that you can trust any dealer but in a case like that I'd deffo walk

Ah they pi$$ed me off bigtime, we went in one morning to put down a deposit on one sitting on the showroom floor.

We said we would go away and think about it for 15 minutes as he wasn't budging on the price, to which he replied he was going to ring another customer then who was enquiring about the same car to come down and have a look as they were very interested also, he wouldn't wait for us for 15 minutes.

We were so annoyed with his behavior we both agreed we wouldn't buy from him regardless of what price\deal the car was after that.

We went 2 minutes down the road to VW Dealer who couldn't be more helpful and we put a deposit down on an ID4 instead.

I see the Skoda dealer still has the same Enyaq we were going to buy on the showroom floor so looks like his other customer was a myth also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Whenever this happens (another person looking at it, whatever "it" may be) I have the same process every time regardless, I simply say they can have it so and walk, I'm not a fan of that tactic

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement