Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

U don't have to spend 57k

https://www.skoda.ie/_doc/b5ec8716-219a-41e7-ac2a-5eca48e70c63

The 60 battery with a few options ticked will have you in a really nice car with very good range. Most folk would not cover 400km in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭robbie_63

Yeah that review was the top spec with a lot of options ticked, if you go with the 60 basic spec you can get them for around 40k

There are a few things missing from the basic spec though like rearview camera, heated seats,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Yeah that review was the top spec with a lot of options ticked, if you go with the 60 basic spec you can get them for around 40k

There are a few things missing from the basic spec though like rearview camera, heated seats,etc
    thats the thing though... my tiguan has all the spec at 42k... do i really want to spend 40k on a bare metal spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

€37k on the road is a pretty reasonable price for this. The ID.4 lists as from €34k, but no doubt it will cost you more on the road after delivery etc. The Skoda looks like a much nicer package to me, with better looks (subjective) and less econobox type interior

No doubt this will sell very, very well.

Where are you getting 37k from, cheapest you will get is 40k

We had a base spec enyaq priced up just under 41k but it had nothing at all on it, the base ID4 came in at 36k.

That was why we ended up buying an ID4, that and the terrible skoda dealers!

I don't see the logic in spending 5k extra on the Enyaq and getting nothing extra in return, at least the ID4 has heated seats in the base model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thats the thing though... my tiguan has all the spec at 42k... do i really want to spend 40k on a bare metal spec?

Price up a Tiguan now with everything. Price has gone up loads.

You're also going to switch to rear wheel drive and more BHP so it's not really like with like.

Where are you getting 37k from, cheapest you will get is 40k

From the above link to the Skoda Ireland website that GavMan posted:

Linky

555394.jpg

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Price up a Tiguan now with everything. Price has gone up loads.

You're also going to switch to rear wheel drive and more BHP so it's not really like with like.

And of course the depreciation on the EV will be much lower and you will save thousands a year in lower maintenance and fuel costs. It really is a no-brainer now to no longer buy a petrol / diesel car when there is a similar form factor EV available for reasonable money. Thankfully people are finally beginning to understand this. I see ID.3 and ID.4 absolutely everywhere. VW is cleaning up here and fair play to them :D

unkel wrote: »

Yeah that's not the price the dealers are quoting, even when we highlighted it to them,

Had the same issue we we went to buy one last week, all the dealers are adding on at least 2-3k.

Have a look on Donedeal, all the base models are advertised at 40,871.

Even for a cash deal like we were, best we got quoted was 40,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

the price above excludes such "extras" as mandatory warranty, type2 cable etc

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »

Oh and the service pack which they wouldn't let you buy a car without it!

Had the argument with the sales guy and I was told, "sure where are you going to get it serviced anyway, its electric!"

Mandatory extras that are not in the recommended on the road price are a highly dodgy sales tactic. I'd say with a robust conversation you should be able to buy an Enyag for that advertised on the road price of €37,465

Personally I wouldn't pay a cent for a service plan for an EV, there's nothing to service :p And I very much doubt the car does not come with a type 2 cable. And even if it doesn't, you could live without one if you get a tethered home charger (this is still free with the subsdiy if you buy smartly) or you could pick one up second hand for a hundred quid.

Mandatory extras that are not in the recommended on the road price are a highly dodgy sales tactic. I'd say with a robust conversation you should be able to buy an Enyag for that advertised on the road price of €37,465

Personally I wouldn't pay a cent for a service plan for an EV, there's nothing to service :p And I very much doubt the car does not come with a type 2 cable. And even if it doesn't, you could live without one if you get a tethered home charger (this is still free with the subsdiy if you buy smartly) or you could pick one up second hand for a hundred quid.

Good luck with that, we went through it with 3 different Skoda dealers, all quoting €40k for the base model.

When we bought the ID4, the VW Sales guy even told us not to buy the service pack as it requires very little maintenance.

The service pack includes tyres on the ID3/4 so maybe it's the same with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What's the story with paying for tyres by the month? Is this a thing now? Every gombeen and his dog know that you never ever let a dealer put tyres on your car. The more I read this thread the more depressed I get with the Skoda brand, they've really lost sight of their original customer base.

And of course the depreciation on the EV will be much lower and you will save thousands a year in lower maintenance and fuel costs. It really is a no-brainer now to no longer buy a petrol / diesel car when there is a similar form factor EV available for reasonable money. Thankfully people are finally beginning to understand this. I see ID.3 and ID.4 absolutely everywhere. VW is cleaning up here and fair play to them :D

Well I can't complain about the depreciation on my 191 diesel superb it holding its value very nicely. Depreciation on my work colleagues Leaf was absolutely horrendous he was disgusted with Nissan's offer. Once a year servicing for the Superb costs the same as his ev. I don't see any Superb equivalent EV for reasonable money anywhere, they're either stupidly expensive or the size of a bean tin...

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What's the story with paying for tyres by the month? Is this a thing now? Every gombeen and his dog know that you never ever let a dealer put tyres on your car. The more I read this thread the more depressed I get with the Skoda brand, they've really lost sight of their original customer base.

The tyres on the ID4 are between €225-250 a corner and they'll replace with high quality tyres not your usual Chinese muck. It also includes wiper blades whenever you want them. Think it's €30 p/m so for a lot of people it makes sense to sign up as you wouldn't miss €30 monthly but you will see €1K going out of the account in a lump sum.

So if the Skoda service pack includes tyres at €400 it's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's the same as the taycan, you have to spec this as an "option"

The tyres on the ID4 are between €225-250 a corner and they'll replace with high quality tyres not your usual Chinese muck. It also includes wiper blades whenever you want them. Think it's €30 p/m so for a lot of people it makes sense to sign up as you wouldn't miss €30 monthly but you will see €1K going out of the account in a lump sum.

So if the Skoda service pack includes tyres at €400 it's a bargain.

And if you're doing small mileage and re-pcp after 2 years (which many do) without ever getting wiper blades or tyres VW are quids in. One monthly payment will get you a nice pair of Bosch aerotwin blades and they're a million times better than oem VW/Skoda blades which really seem to have fallen in quality in the last few years. I just got 4 tyres for the Superb 312 from oponeo plus 50 fitting, sorted for another 42k happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Personally I wouldn't pay a cent for a service plan for an EV, there's nothing to service...
    When we bought the ID4, the VW Sales guy even told us not to buy the service pack as it requires very little maintenance.
    CoBo55 wrote: »
    What's the story with paying for tyres by the month? Is this a thing now?

It is a thing for EVs, yes.

VW, and presumbaly Skoda, have changed their service plans for EV's to include tyres because they cant charge for oil/filter so they had to put something extra into the deal to make it work.

The VW service plan for their BEV's has the usual pollen filter, brake fluid and inspection stuff in the cheaper plans. Not sure they are worth it because the service interval is unlimited mileage and every 2 years so you dont get much for your "S" service plan as you would only get one service out of it and it costs €288. Thats an expensive service.

The next one up, "M", includes brake pads and wipers and the price goes to €504.... again, not worth it.... you wont burn through the pads and wipers are a <€50 DIY job.

But the "L" service plan includes all the above plus a set of 4 tyres for a total price of €648. The tyres alone could be more than €648, particularly the larger rim versions. And presumbaly you'll want to book the car in for its 2 yr inspection anyway to get the book stamped so you are effectively getting the service for free as you'd have the buy the tyres regardless unless you are a low mileage user in which case you might skip the service plans entirely.

Basically, if you think you will burn a set of tyres within 2 years then you should be signing up for the "L" service plan (or whatever the equivalent Skoda one is).

I dont see the Skoda Enyaq service plan on their website but I bet its much the same as VW's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

Yeah that's not the price the dealers are quoting, even when we highlighted it to them,

Had the same issue we we went to buy one last week, all the dealers are adding on at least 2-3k.

Have a look on Donedeal, all the base models are advertised at 40,871.

Even for a cash deal like we were, best we got quoted was 40,500.

Skoda dealers charging more than rrp is bad form and if they are all at the same game it sounds like pricing fixing which is illegal. My guess is that give it a year and they will start with discounts but also rrp is likely to rise considerably.

If I was in the market I think I'd hold fire for another year but at a high level the pricing isn't that far from a Tiguan Allspace or Kodiaq so these cars provide what is probably the 1st really good option for a decent family sized E.V. that isn't silly money. The ID4 in my opinion looks better but the interior of that one Nobby had was lovely.

The 60 models are priced well but the winter range probably isn't acceptable for folks doing regular long drives, and the 80 is 7k more expensive so that's a big jump.

I notice not much talk about the Audi Q4 E-Tron but see the sticker price of €41,500 on the road inc delivery and service plan, which if correct would be worth that premium over a base Skoda imo. I think its looks better too but guess that's subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

agree with your points Unkel and i would have made considerable fuel savings pre covid but our office working arrangement seems to have changed for good with a lot less days commuting so fuel cost probably won't be a determining factor when im changing like it was before. im guessing to get into a same spec id4 or skoda ev will cost me well north of 55k which seems a hard pill to contemplate taking.. making in a few years the spec will improve once they out a while.. i do like the look of the id4.. i don't need the range but its nice to have it for the odd trip from dublin to sligo/cork

Good luck with that, we went through it with 3 different Skoda dealers, all quoting €40k for the base model.
    Casati wrote: »
    Skoda dealers charging more than rrp is bad form and if they are all at the same game it sounds like pricing fixing which is illegal. My guess is that give it a year and they will start with discounts but also rrp is likely to rise considerably.

If I was in the market I think I'd hold fire for another year but at a high level the pricing isn't that far from a Tiguan Allspace or Kodiaq so these cars provide what is probably the 1st really good option for a decent family sized E.V. that isn't silly money.

Sounds like they have very limited numbers of Enyaq's available this year so they are asking a premium for it because they know they will sell them 10 times over.

The clue is in the term RRP.... Recommended Retail Price
    Thats business, its not illegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

KCross wrote: »
    Sounds like they have very limited numbers of Enyaq's available this year so they are asking a premium for it because they know they will sell them 10 times over.

The clue is in the term RRP.... Recommended Retail Price
    Thats business, its not illegal!

Yes it might not be price fixing but if all dealers are presenting the same artificially high pricing it looks fishy imo.

Price fixing is illegal and many Irish dealers were fined for this over the years. If dealers are entering an agreement with others undertaking to attempt to prevent, restrict or distort competition in the motor vehicle trade by directly or indirectly fixing the selling prices of vehicles then they could be charged and sentenced, as other dealers have been in the past.

Casati wrote: »
    Yes it might not be price fixing but if all dealers are presenting the same artificially high pricing it looks fishy imo.

Price fixing is illegal and many Irish dealers were fined for this over the years. If dealers are entering an agreement with others undertaking to attempt to prevent, restrict or distort competition in the motor vehicle trade by directly or indirectly fixing the selling prices of vehicles then they could be charged and sentenced, as other dealers have been in the past.

But are they all giving the same price? I doubt it. That would be incredibly stupid.

They are given the RRP guide from the importer and they have X number of cars to sell. The dealer prices it at whatever price they think they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭eagerv

agree with your points Unkel and i would have made considerable fuel savings pre covid but our office working arrangement seems to have changed for good with a lot less days commuting so fuel cost probably won't be a determining factor when im changing like it was before. im guessing to get into a same spec id4 or skoda ev will cost me well north of 55k which seems a hard pill to contemplate taking.. making in a few years the spec will improve once they out a while.. i do like the look of the id4.. i don't need the range but its nice to have it for the odd trip from dublin to sligo/cork

The other thing worth bearing in mind re pricing is if say an EV and an ICE both have a RRP of 46K, then I would expect to get a substantial discount on the ICE. Perhaps buying straight for 42K?. Looks as though with the EV the price is the price.

Or less than the price in Skodas case..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

KCross wrote: »
    It is a thing for EVs, yes.

VW, and presumbaly Skoda, have changed their service plans for EV's to include tyres because they cant charge for oil/filter so they had to put something extra into the deal to make it work.

The VW service plan for their BEV's has the usual pollen filter, brake fluid and inspection stuff in the cheaper plans. Not sure they are worth it because the service interval is unlimited mileage and every 2 years so you dont get much for your "S" service plan as you would only get one service out of it and it costs €288. Thats an expensive service.

The next one up, "M", includes brake pads and wipers and the price goes to €504.... again, not worth it.... you wont burn through the pads and wipers are a <€50 DIY job.

But the "L" service plan includes all the above plus a set of 4 tyres for a total price of €648. The tyres alone could be more than €648, particularly the larger rim versions. And presumbaly you'll want to book the car in for its 2 yr inspection anyway to get the book stamped so you are effectively getting the service for free as you'd have the buy the tyres regardless unless you are a low mileage user in which case you might skip the service plans entirely.

Basically, if you think you will burn a set of tyres within 2 years then you should be signing up for the "L" service plan (or whatever the equivalent Skoda one is).

I dont see the Skoda Enyaq service plan on their website but I bet its much the same as VW's.

When I was doing 500km plus a week I didn't need new tyres on my diesel octavia after 2 years. And then only front needed doing. Back still good after 4 years and 100k. Presumably you cannot insist they are replaced. Only if criteria is met? Sounds like more easy money for dealer with a fearful insurance package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

GavMan wrote: »
    U don't have to spend 57k

https://www.skoda.ie/_doc/b5ec8716-219a-41e7-ac2a-5eca48e70c63

The 60 battery with a few options ticked will have you in a really nice car with very good range. Most folk would not cover 400km in a week

It's a mid spec octavia which can drive 600km less on a full charge and costs an easy 10k more. Don't get me wrong, very happy mid spec oct owner here. But where's the value in buying this?

Not even heated seats......good lord! Love the way that rear electric windows are a feature (plus mats). We are soooo spoiled.

Lantus wrote: »
    When I was doing 500km plus a week I didn't need new tyres on my diesel octavia after 2 years. And then only front needed doing. Back still good after 4 years and 100k. Presumably you cannot insist they are replaced. Only if criteria is met? Sounds like more easy money for dealer with a fearful insurance package.

I presume they have to be nearing legal limit... like 2mm or therebouts.

I've never managed to get anything like your mileage from my cars. Based on what I have seen so far on the ID.3 I'll need replacements within the 2yrs easy enough.

And this Enyaq is 2 ton... you wont be getting 100k km's out of any of its tyres!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

ELM327 wrote: »

The configurator with no extras prices out at 44500 thereabouts and includes the warranty you mention. But that does not include the vat off and grant. That comes to about 7500.

So brings it back to 37k or so.

I don't like to hear Skoda are charging over ROTR. I bought my first Kodiaq from Sheeys in Naas and even though they basically sell themselves, I found them very engaged and willing to do a deal. I then got a very good deal from them later in the year to trade in on a new factory order kodiaq with some options that I wanted. Ended up costing me less per month because of 0% PCP and no money down because of the equity in the first car.

Unfortunately I would assume dealers are taking advantage of those wanting one very early in the cycle and them looking to claw back covid losses. This thing is only out in the last 2 weeks. I would bet when 221 rolls around, things will be more competitive. Especially as more EV models come on stream for other brands.

Advertisement