Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the AC charging speed of the Skoda Enyaq 80 is?

From here it looks to be 11kW

https://ev-database.org/car/1280/Skoda-Enyaq-iV-80

That's not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭innrain

Nedved85 wrote: »
    From here it looks to be 11kW

https://ev-database.org/car/1280/Skoda-Enyaq-iV-80

That's not bad
    It's kinda standard for cars sold in 2021 especially when the battery is 80 KWh. However, that is achieved with 3 phase capabilities so home charger would be 7kW. so 3 phase @16A and 1 phase @32A

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Went in to a major dealer in Kildare yesterday and they had the Enyaq there.
    I could not fault the interior and the build quality. I wasn't 100% sure about the exterior. My 3 previous cars have been Škoda's (a 2010 Octavia RS, 2014 L&K estate and a current Superb Sportline 290 bhp). The exterior might grow on me. The dealer guy was saying that's the top trim they have. I had to point out that wasn't right as the boot wasnt electric, seats were manual etc. He said many of the specs could not be ordered at present because of issues at the manufacturing plan.
    I looked at the ID 4.0 too. Thought the interior was cheaper looking that the Enyaq but I actually liked the rounded edges of the exterior more than the Škoda.

Will be replacing that sportline in Jan so hoping to get an electric

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcImwn2BCC0

This looks very nice. I wonder how much it will be here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

carsfan2 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcImwn2BCC0

This looks very nice. I wonder how much it will be here?

Comments indicating q4 2021 for pricing.

Comments also indicate word on the street VW not happy skoda are putting out vehicles of this quality interior and exterior .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭robbie_63

Went into Skoda dealership on Saturday to buy Enyaq they on the showroom floor after Mrs. had been in with them the day before to have a look.

Had a chat with sales guy to check the price & packs on it and they were about €2,000 over the price compared to skoda website,

When I asked dealer about it he wouldn't budge\explain the pricing and proceeded to tell us he was going to ring another customer who wanted the car instead, we left and went next door and bought an ID4 instead

We have dealt with 5/6 Skoda garages in the last week and the attitude of them has been terrible, we were going in as a cash buyer ready to go as Mrs. sold her car already and they just didn't want to know, anytime we queried anything on the price \ options they got very aggressive\Dismissive, Customer lost Skoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'd still suggest emailing on to Skoda Ireland. So they are aware how franchises are selling their brand.

I was going to but getting the same experience across multiple dealers, even different sales guys in the same dealership, I just walked away.

Not going to hand over hard earned money to people like that, I would never go back to those dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭CoBo55

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Went into Skoda dealership on Saturday to buy Enyaq they on the showroom floor after Mrs. had been in with them the day before to have a look.

Had a chat with sales guy to check the price & packs on it and they were about €2,000 over the price compared to skoda website,

When I asked dealer about it he wouldn't budge\explain the pricing and proceeded to tell us he was going to ring another customer who wanted the car instead, we left and went next door and bought an ID4 instead

We have dealt with 5/6 Skoda garages in the last week and the attitude of them has been terrible, we were going in as a cash buyer ready to go as Mrs. sold her car already and they just didn't want to know, anytime we queried anything on the price \ options they got very aggressive\Dismissive, Customer lost Skoda.

That 2k delivery/service is an absolute rip off, they're effectively taking the vrt rebate+500 for themselves. I was thinking about changing my car and your man added 1k to the settlement figure (I'm on PCP) he got a bit stroppy when I told him ( I had checked already via the finance portal), Nah I think me and Skoda after 17 years have come to the end of the line, the attitude of their sales people absolutely stinks, not helped by Boland's practically owning every dealership here in the South East. I think Listermint is right and you should contact Skoda, that's shocking behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

I was going to but getting the same experience across multiple dealers, even different sales guys in the same dealership, I just walked away.

Not going to hand over hard earned money to people like that, I would never go back to those dealers.

As long as the dealerships sell their quota, I'd hazard a guess that Skoda Ireland won't care, and the dealerships know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

regedit wrote: »
    Went in to a major dealer in Kildare yesterday and they had the Enyaq there.
    I could not fault the interior and the build quality. I wasn't 100% sure about the exterior. My 3 previous cars have been Škoda's (a 2010 Octavia RS, 2014 L&K estate and a current Superb Sportline 290 bhp). The exterior might grow on me. The dealer guy was saying that's the top trim they have. I had to point out that wasn't right as the boot wasnt electric, seats were manual etc. He said many of the specs could not be ordered at present because of issues at the manufacturing plan.
    I looked at the ID 4.0 too. Thought the interior was cheaper looking that the Enyaq but I actually liked the rounded edges of the exterior more than the Škoda.

Will be replacing that sportline in Jan so hoping to get an electric

Did the dealer seem keen in taking in the Superb? They are a v rare car, must be hard to price it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The price on the Skoda website doesn't include the €2k delivery charge does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MeadowMaker

listermint wrote: »
    Comments indicating q4 2021 for pricing.

Comments also indicate word on the street VW not happy skoda are putting out vehicles of this quality interior and exterior .

“Better than the ID Bore” that was a funny 😄 comment

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The price on the Skoda website doesn't include the €2k delivery charge does it?

Good luck getting any info from a dealership.

I asked the same questions of 2 dealers, asked for a full breakdown of the costs, extras on the car, vrt rebate, etc. and they wouldn't give them, wasted a week chasing dealers for nothing.

Despite the job title that car sales suggests most of them are simply order takers .......... they manage away grand when they are busy and when they are quiet they still don't try and actually sell, they just wait for things to get busy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

The configurator also shows 3 year warranty - which has been standard on all other Skoda’s is a mandatory 399, and you have to also select sat nav at 792. Why not make both standard and increase rrp by 1k?

Is delivery 2000 or does that include a service pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

Service and maintenance pack is extra but includes replacement tyres.

MarkN wrote: »
    Service and maintenance pack is extra but includes replacement tyres.

As they say here in Wexford, quare expensive tyres!! I thought the whole beauty of an ev is that there's very little servicing required.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

CoBo55 wrote: »
    As they say here in Wexford, quare expensive tyres!! I thought the whole beauty of an ev is that there's very little servicing required.

breaks and tyres will require more frequent changing due to the extra weights of EVs from what I understand. Throw in filters for the AC and that's pretty much about it for service costs over the life of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

My take on it if it helps anyone!

• Advertisement

breaks and tyres will require more frequent changing due to the extra weights of EVs from what I understand. Throw in filters for the AC and that's pretty much about it for service costs over the life of the car.

I thought regeneration reduced brake wear, a pollen filter is around 20 euro, makes no difference anyway as the feckers just tick the box and never change it, well not on any car I've ever owned, the filter was always like a clinker usually stamped with the same year of registration of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

I thought regeneration reduced brake wear, a pollen filter is around 20 euro, makes no difference anyway as the feckers just tick the box and never change it, well not on any car I've ever owned, the filter was always like a clinker usually stamped with the same year of registration of the car.

Don't know about the regen - I was just parroting what I've read else where; seems to make logical sense though, heavier vehicle, harder to stop, more wear on breaks.

With you on the filters 100% though. Always tell them to skip them in the services and buy my own every 6 months or so. The markup on the dealer filters is amazing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Don't know about the regen - I was just parroting what I've read else where; seems to make logical sense though, heavier vehicle, harder to stop, more wear on breaks.

There's a study that is often referenced, they started with car that weighs 500kg generates x amount of brake dust, an EV weighs 2,500kg therefore generates 2.5x brake dust. They applied a similar technique for tyre wear. The tyre wear stats were so bad that you'd release more than the actual weight of a tyre in a single year.

The reality is that EVs primarily use regen to slow down so have much lower break wear, and that by buying suitable specced tyres you won't notice any difference compared to a conventionally powered vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MeadowMaker

Great review. Rear headrest trick is genius. The armrest not been able to move forward would be annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

That is a lovely car. Now If they could just tow 2.5 tonnes….

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Casati wrote: »
    Did the dealer seem keen in taking in the Superb? They are a v rare car, must be hard to price it?

Anytime they see me around, they come out trying to persuade me to trade in. I guess when it comes to actual trading it it, they'll 'stab' me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭sk8board

With you on the filters 100% though. Always tell them to skip them in the services and buy my own every 6 months or so. The markup on the dealer filters is amazing.

EVs are so light on brakes that some of them, like the ID3, have put drum brakes on the back wheels, like the old days, as disc brakes would get no use.

As for tyres, I use 19” runflat’s and if I can find them for €300/320 it’s great. Current set were €1,400 (€350ea), after plenty shopping around.
    Good tyres aren’t cheap, and all these big suv EVs seem to have options up to 22’s!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

That 2k delivery/service is an absolute rip off, they're effectively taking the vrt rebate+500 for themselves. I was thinking about changing my car and your man added 1k to the settlement figure (I'm on PCP) he got a bit stroppy when I told him ( I had checked already via the finance portal), Nah I think me and Skoda after 17 years have come to the end of the line, the attitude of their sales people absolutely stinks, not helped by Boland's practically owning every dealership here in the South East. I think Listermint is right and you should contact Skoda, that's shocking behaviour.

Very disheartening to hear these stories. Skoda has worked hard to built a solid brand but it's a short step to arrogance and the ev gravy greed wagon seems to have afflicted them as much as anyone.

The enyaq is a great car but it's still an expensive monster at 55k.

An ev should be cheaper than an ice car. Ice car with engine, gearbox, differential, and hundreds of moving parts, 25k. Same car with everything replaced with a battery and electric motor...40k plus.....we are literally being robbed blind and paying the companies with our taxes in the form of grants to make us feel like we are getting a special deal.

Lantus wrote: »
    Very disheartening to hear these stories. Skoda has worked hard to built a solid brand but it's a short step to arrogance and the ev gravy greed wagon seems to have afflicted them as much as anyone.

The enyaq is a great car but it's still an expensive monster at 55k.

An ev should be cheaper than an ice car. Ice car with engine, gearbox, differential, and hundreds of moving parts, 25k. Same car with everything replaced with a battery and electric motor...40k plus.....we are literally being robbed blind and paying the companies with our taxes in the form of grants to make us feel like we are getting a special deal.

100% I hate these bloody salesmen sliding a thousand here and a thousand there like it's monoply money. I got a crawly crawly email from Skoda urging me to avail of their 0% finance offers before they expire at the end of the month yada yada yada... They're starting to sound like Aliexpress now (not Aliexpress prices unfortunately)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

its a super looking car but sweet jebus 57k? if it came in at Tiguan money of 42ish id be interested but you are in merc eclass money here... makes me wonder what ill do in 2 years with my Tiguan - im comfortable around 42k but i don't want to be spending another 15

Advertisement