Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

It’s back on Netflix

Brilliant

Including the most recent season?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Brilliant

Including the most recent season?

Just up to Season 4 unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just came to post it's not a new season.....

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

Series 5 being repeated on RTE 2 tonight at 12.25pm

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

A question about first episode in season 2
    How did the gunmen flee the scene in the opening scene there Range Rover was still there after all the cops turned up

There was no other vehicle and they hardly fled on foot after a crime like that in the middle of nowhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ I wouldn’t get bogged down with little questions like that.. you could drive trucks through some of the plotholes in it..

.. just enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Ha ha it just got me thinking that’s all
    And yes I’m enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

BBC One is showing the first season on Mondays and Tuesdays, starting next Monday at 9pm.

This will be its debut on BBC1.

According to the Radio Times it's a cause of some satisfaction for Jed Mercurio that the series is coming back on BBC1 as he tried and failed to get it shown on BBC1 the first time around. "Maybe there were reservations that something about police corruption might be problematic for a mainstream audience" he says.

I discovered this show online and had just presumed it had always originally aired on BBC 1

It's insane that they didn't switch it to BBC 1 after seeing the ratings from about season 2 onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bump! BBC One are showing series one all over again starting tomorrow at 9 PM then again on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Last episode on Monday. I'd forgotten just how "busy" the story is. Not moment where the narrative slackens off. It's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bump! BBC One are showing series one all over again starting tomorrow at 9 PM then again on Tuesday.

Season 1-4 already on Netflix.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Season 1-4 already on Netflix.

Not everyone hasNetflix:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭CoBo55

cml387 wrote: »
    Not everyone hasNetflix:)

Pb..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

Filming is once more underway on the new series of Line Of Duty.
    Simon Heath, Executive Producer for World Productions, says: “It’s been almost six months since we stopped shooting, but following our implementation of all the industry Covid protocols, we’re delighted to be able to resume filming series six safely.”

Together with independent health and safety consultants, in full consultation with industry partners, and in accordance with all current government guidelines on Covid-19, the Line Of Duty production team will adhere to comprehensive protocols to ensure that the new series is produced in a safe and responsible manner.

https://t.co/QANcq8juYW?amp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Season 5 is being added to Netflix from 5 October.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Filming has wrapped on the new series.

https://twitter.com/bbcpress/status/1331176308596936706?s=19

Think I saw March mentioned as it's airdate

In an ideal world Mercurio would get extra editors on it and give us a surprise Christmas Day release for the first episode ;)

As an aside, I'd advise people to completely avoid the LOD subreddit. Some **** have put something fairly spoilery in a thread title there. It was quoting Jed from an interview, but you could've avoided it if it wasn't on this sub

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭CoBo55

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Think I saw March mentioned as it's airdate

In an ideal world Mercurio would get extra editors on it and give us a surprise Christmas Day release for the first episode ;)

As an aside, I'd advise people to completely avoid the LOD subreddit. Some **** have put something fairly spoilery in a thread title there. It was quoting Jed from an interview, but you could've avoided it if it wasn't on this sub

Can't stand that site so it won't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

lovvvvvved Line of Duty - and can't find anything that meets the bar now... any suggestions? tried Luther - didn't buy into him.. didn't buy into Marcella either... Didn't like Shetland.. Loved Broadchurch btw..

any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

sporina wrote: »
    lovvvvvved Line of Duty - and can't find anything that meets the bar now... any suggestions? tried Luther - didn't buy into him.. didn't buy into Marcella either... Didn't like Shetland.. Loved Broadchurch btw..

any recommendations?

What about the foreign shows , there's some good French ones

Malcomex wrote: »
    What about the foreign shows , there's some good French ones

oh i am ashamed to say I would prefer English but what are your suggestions? i know that there are some good Scandinavian ones

what I liked about Line of Duty was the tight writing - with regards to the crimes but I also liked the fact that they focused on the character's personal lives too - a nice mix.. and the acting was 1st class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Cardinal is very good aswell

cjmcork wrote: »
    Cardinal is very good aswell

thanks for that - not heard of it - and I like most things Canadian

started Bodyguard - just watched one episode - tis ok - might as well finish it - tis short

oh i am ashamed to say I would prefer English but what are your suggestions? i know that there are some good Scandinavian ones

what I liked about Line of Duty was the tight writing - with regards to the crimes but I also liked the fact that they focused on the character's personal lives too - a nice mix.. and the acting was 1st class

Engrenages

Braquo

There's "The Bridge" as well the foreign version

Engrenages

Braquo

Oh, the Bridge (original version) is excellent! hard watching sometimes but really good

A friend of mine tried to get me to watch Bosch but I just didn't have the time

Engrenages

Braquo

foreign version of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

any recommendations?

There's a couple in a similar vein to Line of Duty on Netflix - Bodyguard, Unforgotten, Happy Valley, The Stranger. I just finished Informer and I liked it a lot.

• Advertisement

[/B] foreign version of what?

Sorry ya original version

Wasn't there an English remake or am I mistaken?

Advertisement