Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Dav13579 wrote: »
    Excellent. Ill get a Netflix sub just for that.
    Thanks

Check bargain alerts for cheaper Netflix

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

I started watching this series following Adrian Dunbar's appearance on the LLS a few weeks back. I loved every minute of series 1-4, it really was compulsive viewing.

I finished series 5 last night and while it was grand it wasn't nearly as good as 1-4. I liked the John Corbett character a lot, I was gutted when he was killed off early...
    only upside of series 5 for me was establishing Ted wasn't crooked.

Edit: Spoiler tag added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I started watching this series following Adrian Dunbar's appearance on the LLS a few weeks back. I loved every minute of series 1-4, it really was compulsive viewing.

Spoilers ahoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

It has been broadcast so spoilers don't apply. If you don't want spoilers keep out of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I finished series 5 last night and while it was grand it wasn't nearly as good as 1-4. I liked the John Corbett character a lot, I was gutted when he was killed off early...
    only upside of series 5 for me was establishing Ted wasn't crooked.

Edit: Spoiler tag added

It went down hill once John was killed

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It has been broadcast so spoilers don't apply. If you don't want spoilers keep out of the thread.

I've seen it but loads of people are only getting into it now.

Keep it vague and be sound

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

threein99 wrote: »

We've been discussing it quite openly without spoiler tags since it ended, horse has bolted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

threein99 wrote: »

People should just avoid any thread about a TV show that ended over a month ago.

It's entirely unreasonable to suggest it can't be talked about at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

People should just avoid any thread about a TV show that ended over a month ago.

It's entirely unreasonable to suggest it can't be talked about at this stage.

They don't need to avoid these threads but they do need to start at the first page and then continue reading as they watch the series.

I've done this myself for other series.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi Anyone know where I could watch series 5 . Just finished watching 1-4 on Netflix and have series 6 recorded on sky , just missing series 5 . Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

claregal1 wrote: »
    Hi Anyone know where I could watch series 5 . Just finished watching 1-4 on Netflix and have series 6 recorded on sky , just missing series 5 . Thanks

Series 6 won't be out until 2021 likely, are you sure you haven't already recorded series 5? That's the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

You'll find season 5 on dailymotion. Dunno how you have season 6 recorded if its not even being filmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

8-10 wrote: »
    Series 6 won't be out until 2021 likely, are you sure you haven't already recorded series 5? That's the latest

Oh maybe it is the 5th so - One of my kids told me it was the 6th series that was recorded - just took them at their word ! Thanks for that !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

claregal1 wrote: »
    Oh maybe it is the 5th so - One of my kids told me it was the 6th series that was recorded - just took them at their word ! Thanks for that !

Lesson for today: Never trust children!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Series 4 starts on RTE 2 next Tuesday at 9.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Anyone know when they are likely to put season 5 on netflix please??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Season 3 was added to Netflix in March 2017, Season 4 was added to Netflix in October 2018. Netflix will usually get the series 6 months after it is released on the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Series six could be here next year.
    Asked about the air date, Mercurio told RadioTimes.com: “I would hope it’s sometime in 2020, next year. But that’s not something that we’re able to confirm.”
    https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-10-07/jed-mercurio-reveals-line-of-duty-series-six/

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shauna17

brian_t wrote: »

heard this aswell cant wait for series six

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If it only starts shooting next year we probably won't see it till this time next year or 2021 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Watched 5 on RTE Player over the last 6 weeks. Credit to them for having it before Netflix.

My memory's pretty bad on previous years and their intensity, so I don't rank them by preference, or anything.

The actor playing Carmichael was excellent - needling, with poise and intellect, in the penultimate one too. Saw the attack from the redhead coming a mile off. Didn't see Gill, must admit. I enjoyed the interrogation a lot and there's always that moment where they turn the tables, where Gill initially was in Ted's favour, finding the legal snafu. His personal life was a complete shambles throughout, got a bit of kick out of that. Would be fun to see Jack Bauer going up against someone like Carmichael, another potential key phrase drinking game. :) Yes, the Morse code thing was complete bollocks, unless it was some sort of Homeland season 1 nod.

For the DIR, I enjoyed the season. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Watched 5 on RTE Player over the last 6 weeks. Credit to them for having it before Netflix.

Would that be the reason Netflix don't have it because RTE have the rights to it in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

If Britbox goes ahead then Netflix may never get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

cml387 wrote: »
    If Britbox goes ahead then Netflix may never get it.

Is Britbox going to be available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Can’t recommend the stranger on Netflix enough
    Has a line of duty vibe and it’s up there for me in comparison
    8 episodes and gripped from the first

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just posted to Facebook. :)

uhVdnEu.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Sweeeeet. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Mr E wrote: »