Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

At a loss what to watch tonight. Tried to rewatch the series finale episode last night but just could not get into it - it left a sour taste particularly as Ted's interrogation was overlong and the morse code was so absurd. Is this show now a victim of its own success perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

oneilla wrote: »
    At a loss what to watch tonight. Tried to rewatch the series finale episode last night but just could not get into it - it left a sour taste particularly as Ted's interrogation was overlong and the morse code was so absurd. Is this show now a victim of its own success perhaps?

We rewatched Season 1 last week. It was even better 2nd time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

oneilla wrote: »

Time to rewatch the quality that was the first four seasons!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,715 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

seligehgit wrote: »
    Time to rewatch the quality that was the first four seasons!

Season 4 has its own problems, namely yer one letting her arm literally rot until it needs to be amputated.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

We rewatched Season 1 last week. It was even better 2nd time round!
    Funny that, I watched series 2 on Friday again and finished up at 3am square eyed.

Series 2 propelled the program from interesting to must watch, essentially down to the sublime performance of Keeley Hawes but also to a great cast who were all given important roles.
    Contrast the parts that Arnott and Fleming had in that series compared to the mere bit players they were in S5.
    I also thought the direction, wandering camera shots and strategic zooms did a lot to add to the tension, compared to S6's rather lacklustre and lazy presentation.

I will of course watch S6 but it needs to up its game.

BTW I also have been watching Ep 1 of Cracker this weekend.

If you can get to see it, watch the interviews between Adrian Dunbar and Robbie Coltrane. It's electric television and I wonder if jed mercurio watched it when he was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Maybe they'll do a Christmas special!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Maybe they'll do a Christmas special!!!

Can't be worse than the Comic Relief crossover with Bodyguard

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Season 4 has its own problems, namely yer one letting her arm literally rot until it needs to be amputated.

True. I think it was because if she sought hospital care, it would raise alarm bells and so on.
    LOD is very accurate in some respects. Most people like the procedural part of it, the police interrogations, the citing of rules and laws. But on the otherhand some of it is a complete stretch of the imagination. And at this stage there are too many twists and turns. Still a good program, if it was reigned back a bit. No-one can doubt the quality of the acting though, in every series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,715 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

True. I think it was because if she sought hospital care, it would raise alarm bells and so on.
    LOD is very accurate in some respects. Most people like the procedural part of it, the police interrogations, the citing of rules and laws. But on the otherhand some of it is a complete stretch of the imagination. And at this stage there are too many twists and turns. Still a good program, if it was reigned back a bit. No-one can doubt the quality of the acting though, in every series.

She was told at multiple points by doctors that it was going to become a serious issue and she ignored it.

I love Line of Duty but it's a few serious issues in this regard. A trained detective letting their own arm literally rot is daft.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Watched line of duty for the first time a few weeks ago. Season 1 to 4 is just compelling. Couldn't get enough of it.

Unfortunately the quality does drop in season 5...the morse code was just ridiculous and I rolled my eyes when it happened. Ted hastings interview went on way too long as well.

Hopefully season 6 will improve, perhaps the heights it hit were just too hard to sustain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

She was told at multiple points by doctors that it was going to become a serious issue and she ignored it.

I love Line of Duty but it's a few serious issues in this regard. A trained detective letting their own arm literally rot is daft.

Perhaps she didn't think it was that bad? Perhaps arrogance on her part?

Regardless, she would have to explain where the injury came from and there might be forensic evidence linking her to the murder - hence the reluctance to have it checked properly.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Keyzer wrote: »

Regardless, she would have to explain where the injury came from and there might be forensic evidence linking her to the murder - hence the reluctance to have it checked properly.

That was the reason at the time. As a Detective with expertise in crime scenes she'd have known the bacteria under the victims finger nails could be linked to her or something like that. I don't remember the exact details. Again a stretch, but LOD does depend a lot on suspending your critical faculties at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

LOD is very accurate in some respects.

Apparently an Officer does not have the right to be questioned by another who is at least one rank senior.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6927407/Police-Officer-separates-fact-fiction-Line-Duty.html

Keyzer wrote: »

It was just daft. Not enough to ruin the show but odd that a single scratch cost her the arm. There's no way a hospital lab would have done a check on the Step strain to match Tim Ifield's.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It was just daft. Not enough to ruin the show but odd that a single scratch cost her the arm. There's no way a hospital lab would have done a check on the Step strain to match Tim Ifield's.

It wasn’t a hospital lab though, Kate ordered the tests. I didn’t find it that unbelievable to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

For the Corrie fans... Anyone notice a massive resemblance between Shona and LOD's Kate. Never noticed it before. Could be twins!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just watched the last two episodes of series 5
    Jaysus H christ what a way to ruin the series and it started so well, from when they killed Stephen Graham’s character it just went to s@@t
    Really looking forward to that this evening and it’s a total disappointment

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

The photos of Ted leaving the laptop shop just reminded me of the lads in father Ted after rigging the sheep contest.
    Poor Chris :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I have to wonder, after five seasons of effectively investigating the same constabulary for the same corruption, it wasn't just gutted from top to bottom! Thought Season 5 was weaker but loved that long interrogation scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Is there anywhere I can watch Series 5 & 6 from the Republic of Ireland?!..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

tadgho wrote: »

Six hasn't been made yet. I imagine five will show up on Netflix some time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

tadgho wrote: »

Smart dns and use bbc iplayer

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Series 5 DVD can be borrowed from your local library.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    For the Corrie fans... Anyone notice a massive resemblance between Shona and LOD's Kate. Never noticed it before. Could be twins!

Yes very a like

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dav13579

Anyone know where you can get the first 2 series now? BBC player?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Dav13579 wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can get the first 2 series now? BBC player?

Series 1-4 are on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dav13579

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Series 1-4 are on Netflix

Excellent. Ill get a Netflix sub just for that.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Dav13579 wrote: »
    Excellent. Ill get a Netflix sub just for that.
    Thanks
    The Bodyguard is up there along with a lot of other BBC stuff.

Advertisement