Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best coffee in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

Bald baristas is the best...
    3FE coffee is very nice ,but the location and the inside of the building is a bit of a kip TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I think that's part of the charm. The city is full of Coffee Society/Insomnia clones.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

My only gripe with 3FE is they don't do large enough take aways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 burkejo

Got a free take away coffee from a new place on Upper Abbey st the other morn, owner was giving them away. Much nicer then insomina from spar across the road where i usually get it, think it was bewleys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Chewbacca. wrote: »
    Bald baristas is the best...
    3FE coffee is very nice ,but the location and the inside of the building is a bit of a kip TBH

3FE cappuccino was v. tasty. I also didn't like the interior, it had a studenty feel, having said that they're just starting up so probably don't have the cash to re-furbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

The Bald Barista is pretty good. The Cake Cafe on Camden St has great coffee too aswell as a lovely seating area (when it's sunny).
    Was in a new place in Powerscourt Centre called the Pepper Pot on Sunday. They have lovely coffee too and delicious homemade cakes.
    Will definitely be going back there as it's in a lovely location and the coffee is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Iolar Iontach

Tiesan Café in Filmbase and Caffè Parigi also do nice coffee. The sandwiches in Tiesan are also excellent; coffees come with a complimentary Valrhona chocolate too!

Butlers is nice too, nice interior and a free chocolate

littlejp wrote: »
    The Cake Cafe on Camden St has great coffee too aswell as a lovely seating area (when it's sunny).

Is it the 'La Boulangerie' you're talking about? I must try it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 david123456

littlejp wrote: »
    Was in a new place in Powerscourt Centre called the Pepper Pot on Sunday. They have lovely coffee too and delicious homemade cakes.
    Will definitely be going back there as it's in a lovely location and the coffee is nice.

I was in the Pepper Pot too, nice people and great coffee. I hope they do well. I had a coffee in the Point Depot market from Badger and Dodo. Super coffee, worth checking out.

• Advertisement

Chewbacca. wrote: »
    Is it the 'La Boulangerie' you're talking about? I must try it out
    I've heard only good things about the Boulangerie. Definitely checking it out next time I'm southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Cant think of the name of the place but the newish coffee Kiosk In Connolly station the coffee is gorgeous nicest I have ever had!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

had a take away latte the other night from 3fe and it was gorgeous, definitely gets my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Tried yesterday 3FE, very nice.
    Otherwise any Butler's is a good place for a cappuccino (I haven't tried to espresso though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

As a daily coffee drinker, a lot of these in Europe, I could not say that even one quarter of the coffees I drink are worth drinking. On the continent I like the cultue of wandering in and having a coffe at the bar, especially at seven am.

Amazingly, laugh at this if you wish, there are coffee vending machines that deliver v.good coffee.

Anyway, point is look at this thread, though one place gets great mentions and a few others get some, there are dozens apparently not worth a note.

Regards,Rugbyman

am abroad today, my daughter just rang me for Fathers day, I told her we are going to Dublin for an adventure day out shortly and coffee in 3fe will be one stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Also popped into 3fe this week while I was in Dublin, great coffee and a really good vibe! Never before has the barista told me a bit about the coffee I'm about to drink, its a nice touch. The experience is tempting me to find out more about coffee culture..

Also, Napoli on Westland Row has great coffee. If you go in to the Science Gallery, just off Pearse St, attached to Trinity College, you can get the same coffee (its run by the Napoli guys from what I can see) and check out whats going on in the gallery too! Its a nice, bright place to sit down and have a cup of coffee/read etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Think the kiosk in Connolly is called AMT, or something along those lines. Bean & Gone in there smells incredible - I need to try their coffee some time :)

I'm definitely going to try 3FE next time in town. Also, I recommend The Runner Bean on Nassau St - haven't been in in ages, but goddamn they do a good coffee.

I know the World Barista Championships are on this week and afaik pretty much all the 3fe baristas as well as Colin are attending and/or competing.
    Back to La Corte in the short term, for me at least.

Nevore wrote: »
    Back to La Corte in the short term, for me at least.

Is that the shop across from the Abbey...?Nice coffee if it is.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Is that the shop across from the Abbey...?Nice coffee if it is.
    La Corte is in the Epicurean food hall, Middle Abbey St. The same crowd have Bar Italia in the Italian Quarter too. :)

• Advertisement

Nevore wrote: »
    La Corte is in the Epicurean food hall, Middle Abbey St. The same crowd have Bar Italia in the Italian Quarter too. :)

I must check it out,I am not sure what the one I was talking about is called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭dub7_2010

La Corte is the best ive had in Dublin so far.
    I have tried 3FE and I wont be returning.

Cant find anywhere in Dublin that beats my homemade coffee :D

To sample really good coffee it will be too expensive as
    the flight will cost so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

I took a stroll up Abbey Street today to try out a coffee in 3FE but I couldnt find it. I stood outside no 54 Middle Abbey Street (Across fro Arnnots) and there wasnt even a sign for the shop!!!

Cableguy wrote: »
    I took a stroll up Abbey Street today to try out a coffee in 3FE but I couldnt find it. I stood outside no 54 Middle Abbey Street (Across fro Arnnots) and there wasnt even a sign for the shop!!!
    They're gone to the WBC afaik. They are normally open on a sunday I know for sure, I work next door. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

dub7_2010 wrote: »

Why?

I'm curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

i didn't get told anything about the coffee i was drinking, just asked for take away latte and got it, it was really good. One guy 9different to the one who was serving me) seemed to go out of his way to say thanks and bye which was nice.

I never would have noticed it though if i hadn't read the thread, reading all the recommendations were why i went out of my way to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Would also love to know you reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

To sample really good coffee it will be too expensive as the flight will cost so much.

So because you haven't found any it doesn't exist? Gotcha.

Why?

I'm curious.

The coffee was average and the place a dump. Its a former club and and nothing has been done to transform it to a cafe. Very hard to find as no sign outside.

The staff were nice however and the price was very competative.

Dont get me wrong, I have had worse but there are many better places in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    So because you haven't found any it doesn't exist? Gotcha.

OK maybe you can get great coffee in Dublin and i just havent found the right place yet. I have been living in Dublin only 2 years and have had some good coffee but "real" coffee has only really taken off in Ireland in recent years.

I have lived in Spain many years and traveled to north and south America and many parts of Europe. I found the coffee in Spain and Italy very good but the best in general I believe is Portugal. Ive had many cups in Lisbon and have never been dissappointed.

Ive tried 3FE and wasnt impressed, maybe my expectations were too high after reading through this forum, so ill keep searching. I suppose i would go back but woulnd go out of my way to go there.

Advertisement