Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

PH-BQD Panama Amsterdam diverted to SNN, anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

vicwatson wrote: »
    PH-BQD Panama Amsterdam diverted to SNN, anyone know why?

Medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭roadmaster

A USAF Dornier C-146A Wolfhound on the way in to Shannon shortly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

This Piper twin engine looks like it took off from Nenagh, been buzzing around here for a few minutes, does anyone here know more?

https://www.flightradar24.com/282536f5

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Bluebird Cargo BO2885 which I think operates on behalf of TNT or DHL has just flown at a pretty low level almost directly over the house at about 3200 feet 1.38 am, anybody who might sleep light is potentially waking.... it’s a very built up residential area... the subsequent Blue Air takes a right off 28 for a less populated route and out over the Irish Sea... I hear nada...

The fûck at this hour would there be a requirement to clear an aircraft for a departure in this manner.... surely a delay in taking the turn left so it’s got altitude when passing directly over large population centers after 1am would be prudent...

Yes more fuel be burned but I’d like more sleep I was drifting off...��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Strumms wrote: »
    The Bluebird Cargo BO2885 which I think operates on behalf of TNT or DHL has just flown at a pretty low level almost directly over the house at about 3200 feet 1.38 am, anybody who might sleep light is potentially waking.... it’s a very built up residential area... the subsequent Blue Air takes a right off 28 for a less populated route and out over the Irish Sea... I hear nada...

The fûck at this hour would there be a requirement to clear an aircraft for a departure in this manner.... surely a delay in taking the turn left so it’s got altitude when passing directly over large population centers after 1am would be prudent...

Yes more fuel be burned but I’d like more sleep I was drifting off...��

Looking at the playback on FR24, it seems to only turn off the extended runway centreline at around that altitude, over industrial estates and is above 6000ft crossing the M50 towards any built up areas.

I don’t know the answer, but the crew might request an early turn, e.g. due to nasty weather out ahead or just if they’re running late, or ATC may have instructed it to get him out of the way of the next departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Strumms wrote: »

Someone requested that wake up call as a special delivery from DHL for you.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Standard Departure no drama there, straight ahead and passing 3000 left/right turn on course.

Ive just checked the noise monitors for that departure and the highest was 73dB at the Bay Lane Station. Thats quite low tbh.

Id close the windows or relocate from Corduff if you don't like sudden noise don't live near an airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

I actually had a parcel onboard...

Same routing every morning, same aircraft

Bit unusual to take a left turn out of 28 and head to Wales, normally its a right turn, the RAF are asleep so a chance to shoot across Snowdonia

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Recliner

Anyone know what country this is registered to? I don't recognise the flag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Bermuda - GIYF....

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

Recliner wrote: »
    Anyone know what country this is registered to? I don't recognise the flag.

Iirc, if you hover the cursor over the flag on the website it will display the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Recliner

blindsider wrote: »
    Bermuda - GIYF....

Spot on. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

BZ wrote: »
    No its loading humanitarian aid to be taken to Nepal

Landing in Shannon in 45 mins approx (from Baku)

washman3 wrote: »

This aircraft isn't picking up humanitarian aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Passed over north Dublin a few mins ago. Some noise from it. A shame it couldn't be seen though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Passed over north Dublin a few mins ago. Some noise from it. A shame it couldn't be seen though

And for good measure, a 747 has passed overhead enroute to Shannon as well. Very noisy too :)

This aircraft isn't picking up humanitarian aid.

Fuel/refuel stopover.??

Saw the bigger one (6 engine) land and take off at Shannon last year.
    Incredible sight.
    Got really close to see it parked (near the perimeter fence) too. Amazing.
    Marty Morrissey actually got a tour of the interior (good mate of Shannon Airport boss)

Fuel/refuel stopover.??

Fuel and crew rest. Out tomorrow to the U.S.

• Advertisement

Fuel and crew rest. Out tomorrow to the U.S.
    Did you get the reg of it BZ.?

Did you get the reg of it BZ.?

UR-82007

N8519F due to land at Shannon in the next hour.
    Information showing it as a single engine CHAMPION 7FC "Air Tractor" built in the 1950's.

In the air for almost 7 hours at the moment. Didn't think it's possible.
    Actually incredible (if information is correct).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Information showing it as a single engine CHAMPION 7FC "Air Tractor" built in the 1950's.

Ferry flight with extra fuel bladders in the tanks. Tracking one of them gave me great entertainment in lockdown 1

I believe the one i tracked last year ended up in kenya, tracking got a bit ropey after it left Egypt.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ferry flight with extra fuel bladders in the tanks. Tracking one of them gave me great entertainment in lockdown 1

I believe the one i tracked last year ended up in kenya, tracking got a bit ropey after it left Egypt.

What is a ferry flight BTW.??:o:o

What is a ferry flight BTW.??:o:o

Delivering it to the new owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Not that incredible - thousands of single-engine aircraft have been delivered in this way over the decades, including several Air Tractor machines via Shannon. It clearly requires an amount of nerve as well as careful preparation. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N8519F/history/20210627/0730Z/CYYT/EINN

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Not that incredible - thousands of single-engine aircraft have been delivered in this way over the decades, including several Air Tractor machines via Shannon. It clearly requires an amount of nerve as well as careful preparation. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N8519F/history/20210627/0730Z/CYYT/EINN

Without a doubt some prep and nerve involved.
    Interesting to see where it heads after Shannon.
    Africa possibly.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Good video here about ferry flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5mNPTCios

• Advertisement

https://www.flightradar24.com/N8519F/28394a29

The AirTractor is up out of shannon again....

Advertisement