Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

EchoIndia wrote: »
    EI178 operated by A330 three or four times a week.

It's been that way for a good while now so I'd say it's more for cargo than pax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm a random user of flightrader folks and I just opened it up to see 2 Vistajet Malta planes landing in Shannon to refuel im guessing on there way to dubai.. Would that be a regular thing?? The route was jeddah to dubai.. I dunno why I'm curious about these. Any idea who it might be??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I would doubt that the route was correct :) to hazard a guess, the Saudi Golf championship finished yesterday so it’s likely that it’s the players going back to the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The labelling seems to have got confused. They both flew Jeddah to Shannon.

One is flying to International Falls in the US and on to Phoenix.

The second is flying on to West Palm Beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Golfers heading back to the states is correct, they stopped through during the week on their way eastward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ahh yeah I never thought of the golfers travelling back.. Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

FR24 showing a U2 passing southern Italy at 60,000ft......haven’t seen that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good catch, gotta love ADS-B-V2.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

jucylucy wrote: »
    FR24 showing a U2 passing southern Italy at 60,000ft......haven’t seen that before!

Headed east bound over the southern North Sea

https://www.flightradar24.com/26c8b63e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Headed east bound over the southern North Sea

https://www.flightradar24.com/26c8b63e

Is that not a different one ? this mornings one headed into the UK

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

No idea. In the old days they'd take off from Turkey and land in Norway, and then vice versa a few days later. They take in big sweeping areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Screen-Shot-2021-02-09-at-15-32-48.png

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae49c5

I notice that US and UK military aircraft seem to often avoid Irish air space.
    I also notice that they often take a short cut across this area North of Donegal. Is the marking on the abs site map corresponding to territorial waters or air space or both or none?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

U2 here about to land in Brize Norton/Fairford. Seems to have come from the North Sea region at ~45,000ft.
    https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae095e

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Screen-Shot-2021-02-09-at-15-32-48.png

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae49c5

I notice that US and UK military aircraft seem to often avoid Irish air space.
    I also notice that they often take a short cut across this area North of Donegal. Is the marking on the abs site map corresponding to territorial waters or air space or both or none?

They are in Irish controlled airspace in that photo, just outside territorial airspace (ie more than 12nm off our coast). Many of them do route through our territorial airspace, but those carrying weapons don’t because we are a neutral country. They are still permitted in our controlled airspace however, which runs to about 300nm off our west coast.

As for those markings, they don’t correspond to either radar or ADSB coverage, or FIR boundaries.

On another note SOFIA will be up off the south west coast this afternoon / evening, callsign NASA747. She’s currently warming up on the ramp in Cologne.

A cargo plane from Germany (Saab 340af) seems like a long way for such a small cargo plane.

AEG491 from Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden to Dublin https://fr24.com/AEG491/26ba8e9d

That's been back & forth a bit lately. There was once a weekly passenger flight using one of these from an airport in Switzerland to St. Angelo airfield at Enniskillen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Was there any charter flights from Brazil into Ireland in recent days to DUB, ORK or SNN?, there is alot of talk on social media about how 1,500 meat packers came into Ireland from Brazil to work in two Co. Cork based slaughterhouses for Goodman. Such a large amount of migrant-workers would nearly have come via a charter flight I'm thinking as Brazil-EU airlinks are basically operating at a fraction of capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

theguzman wrote: »
    Was there any charter flights from Brazil into Ireland in recent days to DUB, ORK or SNN?, there is alot of talk on social media about how 1,500 meat packers came into Ireland from Brazil to work in two Co. Cork based slaughterhouses for Goodman. Such a large amount of migrant-workers would nearly have come via a charter flight I'm thinking as Brazil-EU airlinks are basically operating at a fraction of capacity.

99.9% certain there was no direct flight

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

theguzman wrote: »

I too would love to hear actual evidence of such an influx. I first saw the claims about a month ago, before the Brazilian strain was in the media.
    In fairness, Brazilian meat factory workers aren’t really going to be mingling with any local during the current restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

HTCOne wrote: »
    [...]

On another note SOFIA will be up off the south west coast this afternoon / evening, callsign NASA747. She’s currently warming up on the ramp in Cologne.

It's up now. :)

542807.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

EICVD wrote: »
    99.9% certain there was no direct flight

Exactly my first thought was that if there was a charter or anything ran then the lads on the aviation forum would be all over it due to its extreme rarity and novel routing. From earlier twitter :rolleyes: "research" it seems to have been circulating with the last two weeks, most likely if any did come it appears they came by commercial ops which would have had the capacity due to the low numbers travelling anyway.

• Advertisement

Anyone know the story of why the Aer Lingus a330 left for Bordeaux this morning at around 11am?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Anyone know the story of why the Aer Lingus a330 left for Bordeaux this morning at around 11am?

That’s where they’ve gotten their heavy maintenance done the last several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CH3OH

542920.jpg

Anyone any idea what the Helicopter is involved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

CH3OH wrote: »
    542920.jpg

Anyone any idea what the Helicopter is involved in?

It’s with a vessel advertising HELI OPS on their marine transponder, so while it could be an incident, I’d assume winching training

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Normal routing this time of year.
    I expect a different airframe returned this afternoon.

As in collect the one that’s been in the shop for a week or two and drop off the next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

faoiarvok wrote: »
    It’s with a vessel advertising HELI OPS on their marine transponder, so while it could be an incident, I’d assume winching training

Yes, it was on winch training yesterday evening. Unusual trip upcoast for the Waterford based chopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Lots of military activity at moment here: https://www.flightradar24.com/26cd09b8

543040.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Tazio wrote: »
    Lots of military activity at moment here: https://www.flightradar24.com/26cd09b8

543040.png

RAF use the Hawks as a training jet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭xper

Heard a familiar noise and had to double check it on FR24 and, yep, an Air Corps PC9 up doing a wide circuit from Baldonnel around Dublin at 23:20 on a Friday night. Unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

xper wrote: »
    Heard a familiar noise and had to double check it on FR24 and, yep, an Air Corps PC9 up doing a wide circuit from Baldonnel around Dublin at 23:20 on a Friday night. Unusual.

there were two of them up. think the did a run to dub airport and then back via the south city coast.

Advertisement