Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow - Midlands, West, North 5 - 15cm+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Just heard they are letting a few more people go at my job, definately need some snow to cheer me up! Only sleety snizzle out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

snowing again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

100% rain in dalkey now...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Just heard they are letting a few more people go at my job, definately need some snow to cheer me up! Only sleety snizzle out there at the moment.
    sorry to hear that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Winds picking up here.
    Ominous clouds approaching from the south.

Tis great to be back on snow watch :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Snow has nearly stopped now but still a few flakes floating around, no snow stuck here and I don't expect to see any snow sticking if there's more snow to come as the ground is very wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

fairly sleety here:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hi All

Looks like we are in for a wet evening. Do you think us Kildare people will see a better fall of snow when darkness falls ?

3hr-rain.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    100% rain in dalkey now...

Still snow here, but can't be too far behind you. Just counted 37 seconds between snowflake falling on my car and it melting. :)

1.5c DP 0.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Still snowing here - since about 1.30, but it aint sticking at all. The story of the winter really in terms of snow - okay, but could have been so much better....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

It's probably getting too low arelative humidity where ever you have located it Jon.

A minus 8 dp does sound way out.

Ahh - I must have a look at moving it - as Docarch rightly states, Belfast isn't that far from here and reporting a much higher DP. Thanks guys - please PM me any tips for resiting my weather station!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

yeah sorry to hear that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Incredible snow here. Very heavy. Settling very nicely. temp 0c

Back to reasonable snow flakes here now but precip has died
    did for me too WC for an hour. Has come back heavier than ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snow here coming in bursts, very light to very heavy, then light to very heavy, rinse and repeat....it is causing snow to settle, it is like it takes a breather before depositing more snow.

Anyone I predicted this using the GAA weather prediction service, thank the GAA for having another night match between Tipperary and Kilkenny in Semple stadium tonight at 8pm, I predict it will be called off again due to snow....and Sunday was such a nice day for the match.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

danni2 wrote: »
    Snow has nearly stopped now but still a few flakes floating around, no snow stuck here and I don't expect to see any snow sticking if there's more snow to come as the ground is very wet.

it may well stick if you get another bout of heavy snow after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

the wind is really howling now. the precipitation can't be too far away.

Check the radar.......lol!

Nothing here but howling winds and rising air temps. 3.9c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Light rain, more likely low cloud. Gentle thaw.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Min wrote: »
    thank the GAA for having another night match between Tipperary and Kilkenny in Semple stadium tonight at 8pm, I predict it will be called off again due to snow....and Sunday was such a nice day for the match.....

:D

Snow just not heavy enough here to do anything other than melt.

1.4c DP 1.0c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

80% rain 20% snow now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I really can't see anything settling too much in the Dublin area it is just too wet. Despite people here almost willing it to happen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Incredible snow here. Very heavy. Settling very nicely. temp 0c

west clare? Where abouts? Hope its heading north. wind is whistling down the chimney now here in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snaps wrote: »
    Check the radar.......lol!

Nothing here but howling winds and rising air temps. 3.9c now.

heh i did. accoring to rain today there should have been something falling since 3pm.
    just as i say that there is bits of graupel starting to fall

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Spits of rain and snow in Dublin cc ,more snow than rain , maybe a 60/40 mix

Was in Vincents hospital most of the afternoon and it was mostly snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Spits of rain and snow in Dublin cc ,more snow than rain , maybe a 60/40 mix

Was in Vincents hospital most of the afternoon and it was mostly snowing

Are you back in Newbridge ? Any sign of action there ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Heavier again in D18 now and just starting to stick!

Too late to go home early though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Too late to go home early though!

lol...

snaps wrote: »
    west clare? Where abouts? Hope its heading north. wind is whistling down the chimney now here in Mayo.
    Mount Callan Snaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

did for me too WC for an hour. Has come back heavier than ever

I'm delighted for you WolfeIRE, a nice treat after waiting long and hard all winter....Hopefully we get a good hammering this eve/tnight in Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Mount Callan Snaps.

Ah Mount Callan - don't ye have the key to that sunken village in Liscannor Bay up there? - so the legends say ;)...

Back OT - almost stopped here, just a few rogue flakes. Certainly hasn't turned to sleet or rain....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement