Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow - Midlands, West, North 5 - 15cm+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Sleety rainy snow here in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Pretty much stopped in D18 now!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Sleety.

Precip just aint got the kick, when it intensifies as its expected to and hits Ulster and the north mids they are in for some fun i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Sleety.

Precip just aint got the kick, when it intensifies as its expected to and hits Ulster and the north mids they are in for some fun i would imagine.
    I really hope so!
    The dewpoint here is really low at -8.2C but the air temp seems a bit too high for snow at 3.5C :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

WC - Do you see us having a better run at it after dark ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Looking at the Satellite images I cant see how Mayo is going to get anything as everything seems to be moving North East on a South Westerly..any info on what the big "twister" off the south west coast is supposed to do over the next day or so? http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=eu&sat=ir&type=loop

I've looked at the 3hour charts on Met E and see lots of precip off the south coast still to come through but not showing up on radar, is this because the Shannon radar is still down..?

snowjon wrote: »
    I really hope so!
    The dewpoint here is really low at -8.2C but the air temp seems a bit too high for snow at 3.5C :confused:

Will drop when the precipitation arrives dont worry.

If i am getting light snow and sleet you will probably getting dry powdery stuff at least till 6am i would have imagined.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I really hope so!

Not sure where your getting your figures from, but a DP of -8.2c (and temp of 3.5c) sounds a bit off to me? DPs at Belfast are -2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

snowing here in Celbridge. Was like a blizzard out of nowhere earlier when I was driving back from sandyford on m50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Completely white here and snowing heavily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

If i am getting light snow and sleet you will probably getting dry powdery stuff at least till 6am i would have imagined.

Forgot to add, weathercheck you were right. Car temp was 3 degrees on M50, then as soon as snow started it dropped to 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Very light snow starting now galway city:)

Spitting rain here for the last half hour:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Snowing in Navan

Thanks WC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Can't see how the person thats responsible for the shannon radar has kept their job? That radar is a joke of all jokes. Must be embarrasing for Met E.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

still dry here in a biting easterly wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Looking at the Satellite images I cant see how Mayo is going to get anything as everything seems to be moving North East on a South Westerly..any info on what the big "twister" off the south west coast is supposed to do over the next day or so? http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=eu&sat=ir&type=loop

I've looked at the 3hour charts on Met E and see lots of precip off the south coast still to come through but not showing up on radar, is this because the Shannon radar is still down..?

Yes thats some serious low pressure, Surely?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Not sure where your getting your figures from, but a DP of -8.2c (and temp of 3.5c) sounds a bit off to me? DPs at Belfast are -2c.

My figures are coming straight from my weatherstation - an Oregon Scientific WMR100 - it is usually fairly accurate with the temperature readings.

My figures are coming straight from my weatherstation - an Oregon Scientific WMR100 - it is usually fairly accurate with the temperature readings.
    It's probably getting too low arelative humidity where ever you have located it Jon.

A minus 8 dp does sound way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Ignore my above post, can see now that once the front pushes up it hits the easterly winds which will push it westwards and there is loads of precip following the initital weak front..

4.1c and D.P of -3.1 here in Ballina with a 7.8km/h SE wind with gusts of over 18km/hr...Dry as a bone here, waiting for the big stuff to arrive just as it gets dark...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Bangor isn't too far from Belfast. Just can't see there being that huge difference in the DP?

Could be all over here! Temps and DP on the rise. 1.7c DP 1.0c Spitting snow atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Bucketing down snow in Loughrea right now

snaps wrote: »
    Can't see how the person thats responsible for the shannon radar has kept their job? That radar is a joke of all jokes. Must be embarrasing for Met E.
    It's a money issue.
    Needs replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

I cant figure out whats happening - It seems to be pushing from the south west accross the county but my wind is s/e - Am I missing something ?
    Temp 3.1 DP 1.1 - Bit of drizzle

Back to reasonable snow flakes here now but precip has died

lucy2010 wrote: »
    I cant figure out whats happening - It seems to be pushing from the south west accross the county but my wind is s/e - Am I missing something ?
    Temp 3.1 DP 1.1 - Bit of drizzle

Surface winds rarely blow the same way a system is moving.

Heavier snow now again. Bigger flakes.

1.6c DP 1.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

hoody wrote: »
    Bucketing down snow in Loughrea right now
    feckers, you're much higher than me and always rob my snow! congrats though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the wind is really howling now. the precipitation can't be too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Picked back up nicely in D18!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

ok back from the school run!!!! still rainin here in arklow:( on my drive up to the school i saw lovely snow startin at the beehive pub on the n11 and into rathnew:o wasnt sticking but it was lovely to see the wonderful white stuff;)

rain rain go away, bring some snow down my way:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement