Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow - Midlands, West, North 5 - 15cm+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A more steady fall of very light snow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Something better shift this baby west a bit or it's going to miss Donegal altogether.:mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow getting a bit heavier and trying to stick to the car. DP, as forecast, starting to get dodgy!

1.8c DP 0.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

much heavier now proper snow Newcastle Dublin:)

darkman2 wrote: »
    Snow (light) right on the coast here in North Dublin. I was right all along:rolleyes:

Should not last too long though.
    wel uhm... I was wondering when you would come out with that..
    something did change...
    You were predicting snow with zero celcius dewpoints.
    They have remained around -3c East of Dublin.
    Big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

*orgasms*

snoooow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Getting heavier now and swirling around in the chiller east wind. This is expected to turn to rain/sleet though is it not?

yes it is eventually defeated over most of the country except the far north. if the milder air does not make its presence felt sooner than expected then you could get 4- 5 hours of snow where you are. however i have a feeling it will do just that. a lot of ulster should see snow into the early hours of Wednesday at least. it's going to be interesting to read the reports from the people living up north

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

The radar is showing precipitation not moving west beyond Loughrea - the Galway snow shield is very much intact.

Anyhow, the early arrival of the front would also seem to indicate this won't be a long-lived event, is that a clearance showing already into Limerick / south Tipp?

Didn't expect much, won't get much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

irish1967 wrote: »
    Something better shift this baby west a bit or it's going to miss Donegal altogether.:mad:

Irish check out the current BBC weather site - if that is right you could do alright early hours of tomorrow morning.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

MayoForSam wrote: »
    The radar is showing precipitation not moving west beyond Loughrea - the Galway snow shield is very much intact.

Anyhow, the early arrival of the front would also seem to indicate this won't be a long-lived event, is that a clearance showing already into Limerick / south Tipp?

its probably because the shannon radar is down. nothing popping up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

yes it is eventually defeated over most of the country except the far north. if the milder air does not make its presence felt sooner than expected then you could get 4- 5 hours of snow where you are. however i have a feeling it will do just that. a lot of ulster should see snow into the early hours of Wednesday at least. it's going to be interesting to read the reports from the people living up north

TBH, I thought it wouldn't make it here till after dark, and I had snow shield power full on too....must check the warranty....

Isn't the shannon radar down?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Getting a bit lighter and brighter. But DP is going down (slightly).

1.7c DP +0.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭arctictree

I dont know what to make of things at the moment.

Front has arrived early but appears a rather weak feature.

Models had it arriving later and being more intense..

Flakes have turned to very light snow here now.. nice surprise.

I thought the rain/snow was fizzling out on the radar but if you look at the very latest radar, it looks like some of them are getting going from over the Irish sea in the SE wind. Could be an interesting few hours.

folks, the current band coming over is what seems to be 1 of 3 bands, the 2nd being the largest and more widespread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Why do you have two thread on the go ? Can someone lock one please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

snow ghost wrote: »
    Irish check out the current BBC weather site - if that is right you could do alright early hours of tomorrow morning.

Believe it our not if the BBC weather was 100% correct I would not see any snow until 0300 THURSDAY !! :eek:

irish1967 wrote: »
    Believe it our not if the BBC weather was 100% correct I would not see any snow until 0300 THURSDAY !! :eek:

Allowing for a slight deviance, it should be very close to you at 3am tonght! ;)

It better be 100% correct - I'm liking what I see for Mayo! :eek:

If it's not I'll sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

If it helps I can confirm it is still raining in Cork City. No let up in precipitation down south - just the wrong sort! Not as cold as it was either (though certainly not mild) + 4 degrees according to IWN.

folks, the current band coming over is what seems to be 1 of 3 bands, the 2nd being the largest and more widespread

if that is the case i hope the second band doesn't make it up to this part of the country till after dark so the sneachta has a better chance of sticking and staying around longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

nearly entirely rain here now :rolleyes: 2.8/0.7 happy with what i got considering i thought that i wouldnt see any snow at all:P

snow ghost wrote: »
    Allowing for a slight deviance, it should be very close to you at 3am tonght! ;)

It better be 100% correct - I'm liking what I see for Mayo! :eek:

If it's not I'll sue.

you see the snow dance you performed has paid off. the snowgods appreciated what you went through and are set to reward you.

*** i hope i'm not speaking too soon**

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Raining now in Dublin CC. Seeya next year snow.

Still snow here, but looking wetter. 1.6c DP 0.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Met.ie

Issued at 23 February 2010 - 14:14
    Snow Advisory
    Rain spreading from the south this afternoon and evening will turn to snow in places especially on high ground. As temperatures drop tonight falls of snow likely but confined mainly to the Midlands, west and North of the country. Accumulation of 3 to 5 cm possible.

Valid from: 1400 23/02/2010
    Valid to : 1200 24/02/2010

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Still snowing in Sandyford!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snow heavier here now :)

you see the snow dance you performed has paid off. the snowgods appreciated what you went through and are set to reward you.

*** i hope i'm not speaking too soon**

Nacho... as we sow, so shall we reap *hoofing across the floorboards like an abonimable snowman*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

wet snow here in bursts,better than nothing:D prob wont last long before the rain comes,nice to c in d breeze,snowing heavier now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

snowing in enfield for the past hour, light at first but getting more heavy now, not really sticking though at the moment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement