Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They’d both win Oscars and receive a standing ovation from the #metoo hypocrites.

Despising both of them is not inexplicable. Polanski, a confessed and conviced child rapist and fugitive from justice. Streep a vehement supporter of him. He’s an “artist dahling”.

Let’s not forget Natalie Portman is another Oscar winner and #metoo, #timesup advocate who has publicly supported Polanski in the past too.

Hollywood- a cesspool of absolute scum.
    In fairness she has publicly apologised for that (she signed a petition supporting him, along with a lot of other famous people).

“I very much regret it,” Portman said. “I take responsibility for not thinking about it enough. Someone I respected gave it to me, and said, 'I signed this. Will you too?' And I was like, sure. It was a mistake. The thing I feel like I gained from it is empathy towards people who have made mistakes. We lived in a different world, and that doesn't excuse anything. But you can have your eyes opened and completely change the way you want to live. My eyes were not open.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

gmisk wrote: »
    In fairness she has publicly apologised for that (she signed a petition supporting him, along with a lot of other famous people).

“I very much regret it,” Portman said. “I take responsibility for not thinking about it enough. Someone I respected gave it to me, and said, 'I signed this. Will you too?' And I was like, sure. It was a mistake. The thing I feel like I gained from it is empathy towards people who have made mistakes. We lived in a different world, and that doesn't excuse anything. But you can have your eyes opened and completely change the way you want to live. My eyes were not open.”
    What a load of cobblers!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

What a load of cobblers!

"Let he who has not accidently signed a petition supporting a child rapist cast the first stone".

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

Any random Union reps from a workplace. Too lazy to work, in fact never did in his life, awkward and confrontational, only looks after his own agenda, too thick to have any meaningful education on the other hand very streetwise.

Oh wait that works for politicians too!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Ivan Yates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Are you kidding?

Indeed we did, as she says, live "in a different world". One where opportunist individuals like herself would support a confessed and convicted child rapist to further her career.

The world being different now means that the #metoo and #timesup movements are much more attractive to such chameleon-like chancers to latch onto in order to further their career opportunities.

Hypocritical scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ivan Yates
    Nothing inexplicable about that! He's not likable.

For me it's Z-listers l have never heard of and anyone on daytime magazine shows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Too many, 1st one of the top of my head, Ewan mackenna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Autecher wrote: »
    Meryl Streep. I won't watch anything she is in.

I feel the same about Johnny Depp, Shouty L Jackson, Hugh Grant, and Whoppi Goldberg. I wont watch anything that they're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I feel the same about Johnny Depp, Shouty L Jackson, Hugh Grant, and Whoppi Goldberg. I wont watch anything that they're in.
    I'll give most of them a pass if the flm is good enough but Ben Affleck is nearly always a non-starter for me along with Mireille Enos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

is_that_so wrote: »
    I'll give most of them a pass if the flm is good enough but Ben Affleck is nearly always a non-starter for me along with Mireille Enos.

Along with Jack Black and the foohker with the brows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Has to be Fergal Darcy from Today FM. He’s a right pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Mary Robinson.... but I know why

Higgy Baby... i know why

Eamoan Ryan... i know why

Aonghus MacGriona (if that is spelled correctly) no idea why!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭jopax

Hugh Grant, that pompous face annoys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

jopax wrote: »
    Hugh Grant, that pompous face annoys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,813 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Keith Mills he popped up on my news feed again lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Lad with annoying Des Bishop voice who occasionally replaces Matt Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Sky King wrote: »
    Lad with annoying Des Bishop voice who occasionally replaces Matt Cooper.

Karl deeter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Em yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Mariella Frostrup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sky King wrote: »
    Em yeah?

One of my favourite media people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Aine lawlor, everything about her annoys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Aine lawlor, everything about her annoys me

Marty Morrissey does that to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Someone put them together on that Garden program...

And I can't watch it. I just... why? They're insufferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Someone put them together on that Garden program...

And I can't watch it. I just... why? They're insufferable.

I love Bloom and couldn't watch it either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

iamwhoiam wrote: »

The epiphany of a wanker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Deirdre O'Kane and particularly that Appliances Delivered ad on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I thought that was yer wan off Bridget and Eamon.

Or the 'vavanomics' ad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The epiphany of a wanker

‘Epiphany’. hmmm....will have to study that terminology....

Uhmmm.……………maybe Mr O might enlighten us?

• Advertisement

‘Epiphany’. hmmm....will have to study that terminology....

Uhmmm.……………maybe Mr O might enlighten us?

To put it another way,it was like an epiphany moment when I realized what he was. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

TotalHopefulKakapo-max-1mb.gif

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I don't get it. Is there some reference I'm missing? :confused:

He was lampooning you, it was a simple lampoon

Can't stand Adrien Brody. No idea why.

Head like a bag of hammers and thinks he is gods gift, forced himself on Halle Berry when getting his Oscar.

I wouldnt tire of boxing him on the nose.

She apologised after metoo took off, such bollox, she only apologised to save her career.

Rose Mc Gowan snd Asia Argento, whoring themselves as bastions of morality with #metoo

Rose Mc Gowan took hush money and 11 years later speaks out, how many women were victims to Weinstein and others in the 11 years.

Asia Argento groomed and sexually assaulted a young male co star(he was 17 and age of consent in California is 18) in between being raped by Weinstein and metoo. Then when the news breaks she points the finger at Anthony Bourdain, her deceased boyfriend saying the payoff was his idea. Utterly repulsive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Shemale wrote: »
    Rose Mc Gowan snd Asia Argento, whoring themselves as bastions of morality with #metoo

Rose Mc Gowan took hush money and 11 years later speaks out, how many women were victims to Weinstein and others in the 11 years.

Asia Argento groomed and sexually assaulted a young male co star(he was 17 and age of consent in California is 18) in between being raped by Weinstein and metoo. Then when the news breaks she points the finger at Anthony Bourdain, her deceased boyfriend saying the payoff was his idea. Utterly repulsive.

I am surprised there is not a thread on the entire #metoo movement.

I reckon Rose McGowan has a pretty serious mental condition going on. She is not stable at all. It would not surprise me to see her back in the media in ten years " regretting" whatever she thinks she is doing now. She is nuts.

That #metoo stuff is as tenuous as phuck. Asia Argento lived with Weinstein for 6 months and continued to sleep with him consensually for up to 5 years and then cried rape, what a wagon, dangerous bitch altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Its hard to nail exactly whats "off" about Phillip Schofield, but I guess thats the point of the thread.
    Archeron wrote: »
    Philip Schofield. Seems like a nice enugh bloke, but I just hate him.
    Boggy Turf wrote: »
    Philip Schofield

I don't know why. I sense he is hiding something sinister!
    I'm sure I've already posted this a few times in this thread, but seeing his name crop up in a few posts recently has just reminded me of how much I would like to kill Phillip Schofield.

I can't put my finger on the reasons for this, but if Piers Morgan, Richard Madeley, Jeremy Kyle, Robert Kilroy Silk and Philip Schofield were all lined up against a wall, and I had a gun with just four bullets, I'd use them all on Schofield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Thandie Newton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Marty Whelan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I thought that was yer wan off Bridget and Eamon.

That's Chill Insurance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Not at all inexplicable. Cannot stand her. That ad is the pits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am surprised there is not a thread on the entire #metoo movement.

I reckon Rose McGowan has a pretty serious mental condition going on. She is not stable at all. It would not surprise me to see her back in the media in ten years " regretting" whatever she thinks she is doing now. She is nuts.

That #metoo stuff is as tenuous as phuck. Asia Argento lived with Weinstein for 6 months and continued to sleep with him consensually for up to 5 years and then cried rape, what a wagon, dangerous bitch altogether.

Folks always talk about how Argento slept with an underage 17 year old... they forget when she first met him, he was only 12. She groomed him for 5 years.
    Couldn't even wait til he was 18.
    Dangerous to the degree that you'd take a bullet than hang around her.
    I can't put my finger on the reasons for this, but if Piers Morgan, Richard Madeley, Jeremy Kyle, Robert Kilroy Silk and Philip Schofield were all lined up against a wall, and I had a gun with just four bullets, I'd use them all on Schofield.

There's so many with Phil-turning up drunk to work, or that time he spent three minutes on reddit googling a list of paedophiles in the UK and handed them to David Cameron, then Prime Minister of the UK.
    What exactly was he meant to be accomplishing with that, especially in light of Reddit being as trustworthy as 'me mate Dave'.

Phil acts like the pious individual, but he's a douchebag of the highest order.

David Walliams.

Stephen Fry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭chicorytip

He was RTE's first flamin', out of the closet, token gay guy. (Vincent Hanley was open to his friends, not to his audience. Even Bill Whelan was in the closet for a long, long time. And there was the Bosco presenter who was a known drag act, but again, not out to the audience).

Vincent and the fellah from Bosco - Philip Tyler, I think his name was - were both camp characters. Their sexual orientation was obvious from their manner and behaviour. No "outing" was necessary. RTE, at that time, had more homos employed than you could shake a stick at. Bill Whelan, the musician and composer, is not gay - to the best of my knowledge. Bill Hughes, the TV producer, is probably the man you were thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭chicorytip

He was RTE's first flamin', out of the closet, token gay guy. (Vincent Hanley was open to his friends, not to his audience. Even Bill Whelan was in the closet for a long, long time. And there was the Bosco presenter who was a known drag act, but again, not out to the audience).

Vincent and the fellah from Bosco - Philip Tyler, I think his name was - were both camp characters. Their sexual orientation was obvious from their manner and behaviour. No "outing" was necessary. RTE, at that time, had more homos employed than you could shake a stick at. Bill Whelan, the musician and composer, is not gay - to the best of my knowledge. Bill Hughes, the TV producer, is probably the man you were thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Anyone who has ever appeared on Nine out of 10 Cats does Countdown, apart from Rachel and Susie (I was on Countdown; they are both lovely, especially Susie) and David O'Doherty (the only genuinely funny person who has ever been on that ****ty show). How Jon Richardson or Sean Lock are considered comedians is beyond me. And don't get me started on Roisin Conaty, or that Katherine Ryan :mad:

Is this a real comment? David O'Doherty?

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Is this a real comment? David O'Doherty?

He's just a scruffier Chris O'Dowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

I can't stand Chris O'Dowd.

Seems like a nice fella but I just hate him.

I think it was all the hype about his supposedly brilliant performance in Bridesmaids and yet when I watched it there was absolutely zero that stood out and it was a just a basic supporting part in a romantic comedy with nothing special about it at all.Jon Hamm was on the screen for very little time in that film and was 100 times more enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Miriam O'Callaghan, talentless yet shows up everywhere with that stupid drawling accent

Advertisement