Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

trashcan wrote: »
    Given the thread title I find it funny that most people nominate someone and then proceed to explain why they can't stand them.

I was just about to post same.
    This should go in the TA thread!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    There's a cashier in my local Centra. I try to time the queue so that I don't have to deal with her. If I mess up, I have a backup plan whereby I go to the alcohol section and pretend I'm thinking of buying booze.

There is one in my local Centra too. It's not inexplicable though... She is rude. I must remember to try that back up plan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

There's a woman on Facebook that I haven't ever met. Don't know her, don't know any of her friends, don't know anything about her.

But she always seems to comment on pages that I'm on 'giving advice' to people etc. And her first comment is always within a few minutes of the post going up.
    Her 'advice' is always bollix aswell.
    She just seems like a nosey, wannabe know it all cnut, and like I said, I don't know her but I can't fcuking stand the cnut!

Edit: I'd bet she's on boards aswell hanging around the personal issues and relationships threads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

For doctor he's not the sharpest, the latest fkup for example. We have spent decades trying to move away from stroke politics and there he goes in front of the world and cracks a joke about it.... It matters not if the incident happened or not but the fact he went and said it on the bleedin TV in the bleedin white house...

He also really pisses me off regarding how he tries to court popularity and attention with young ppl on social media. It really smacks of “how do you do, fellow kids”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Adele.

Don't mind her music but the Titanic themed birthday party complete with life jackets and icicles on her hair ?

What's next ? Famine party for her 40th and a 9/11 themed do for her 50th complete with collapsed tower cake ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Slash from Guns 'n' Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Slash from Guns 'n' Roses.

You're going too far now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Gravelly wrote: »
    You're going too far now.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Started this thread a year ago today. That’s a lot of inexplicable hatred posted. Well done you judgemental f*cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

... and still people describe why they inexplicably can't stand someone :D

• Advertisement

... and still people describe why they inexplicably can't stand someone :D

I can't stand kirk buttercup because he keeps going on about us describing why we can't stand someone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

Adele.

Don't mind her music but the Titanic themed birthday party complete with life jackets and icicles on her hair ?

What's next ? Famine party for her 40th and a 9/11 themed do for her 50th complete with collapsed tower cake ?

I just hate her voice and the way women oversimg because of people like her

• Registered Users Posts: 40,303 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Adele.

She had a titanic (as in the film) themed party. what is the issue?

She had a titanic (as in the film) themed party. what is the issue?

She was dancing wearing a life vest and had icicles in her hair.

Tasteless.

Tasteless.

Presumably while all her fans stood around waving their phone lights and crying.

Tasteless.

if you think the party was tasteless then surely you think the film was too? It had both of the same elements.

if you think the party was tasteless then surely you think the film was too? It had both of the same elements.

The film was telling the story of the disaster.

Getting locked and dancing around while pretending to drown - not so much.

The world sure has gone to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

For doctor he's not the sharpest, the latest fkup for example. We have spent decades trying to move away from stroke politics and there he goes in front of the world and cracks a joke about it.... It matters not if the incident happened or not but the fact he went and said it on the bleedin TV in the bleedin white house...

He also really pisses me off regarding how he tries to court popularity and attention with young ppl on social media. It really smacks of “how do you do, fellow kids”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Jeremy Clarkson annoys me greatly.

Davina McCall also annoys me greatly but I'd consider riding her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Miranda Hart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Ruth Coppinger and her mate baldy Pauley. Pair of idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Mary Lou Mcdonald.

Even when she is on the right side of an argument and making a good point, her condescending tone and holier than thou attitude really boils my piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Mary Lou Mcdonald.

Even when she is on the right side of an argument and making a good point, her condescending tone and holier than thou attitude really boils my piss.

I felt she should have shot back at Leo 'I don't know what I'm doing' Varadkar when he scolded her for 'speaking for all of women'...saying she can't speak for all of women.

I mean, lady, he's being a condescending douchebag who's defending the HSE fella while there's an ongoing scandal regarding 's****y cancer services'-I think she pretty much speaks for all women who are now scared they may have a terminal diagnosis, due to him and many other idiots who once ran the Health services.
    You earned the right to call him a total *insert expletive of your choice here, they're all accurate'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,121 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ruth Negga . I have no good reason not to like her .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Maybe you're jealous of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

iamwhoiam wrote: »

The most over rated looking woman in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,121 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Maybe you're jealous of her?

No . Why would I be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Omackeral wrote: »
    The most over rated looking woman in Ireland.

There's a few of those to be honest-someone in the media called Seana Kerslake 'Ireland's Scarlett Johanssen' based on looks alone...

Honestly, whoever did so needs some serious corrective eye surgery.

She does have this irritating quality about her, Ruth I mean. I remember when she was on Love is the Drug, I couldn't understand why yer man in it was obsessed with her.

• Advertisement

There's a few of those to be honest-someone in the media called Seana Kerslake 'Ireland's Scarlett Johanssen' based on looks alone...

Honestly, whoever did so needs some serious corrective eye surgery.

Never heard of her, but Google tells me this is her:

LIFE__A_Date_for_Mad_Mary.jpg

If it is, Scarlett is safe for another while yet.

Advertisement