Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Kumail Nanjiani...

I was watching the Oscars, and one SNL skit he appeared in...and there's something about his voice that's reeeaaaalllly obnoxious and annoying. Like he's constantly looking down his nose at you, as well as talking down to you.

Even his twitter is the same-minus the voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Maria from coronation Street. I know she's only playing a role, I know she's really good looking yet I look at her with that moany expression on her face and her horrible accent and want to smash the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

Myself after Dundalk beat us last night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Katgurl wrote: »
    Maria from coronation Street. I know she's only playing a role, I know she's really good looking yet I look at her with that moany expression on her face and her horrible accent and want to smash the tv.
    I used to fancy her about ten years ago.

She's still looking ok , isn't she half Italian?

Tracy Barlow was another one I liked. Is she still in it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Agree. Reminds me of Marian Keyes. As false as the day is long.

Marian Keyes is one of the most phony people I have ever seen. Big rictus grin on her face that doesn't quite reach her eyes. Comes across as that kind of person we've all met who is overly-friendly to your face but bitching about you as soon as you leave the room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Ryan Turbridy, little weasel like him

Couldn’t agree more, seeing his smug face on t.v. is too much for me. Hate when he pretends to understand people who have struggled with money on the Late Late. I’m earning €500,000 per year, oh that’s awful that you couldn’t buy food for your kids...

I used to fancy her about ten years ago.

She's still looking ok , isn't she half Italian?

Tracy Barlow was another one I liked. Is she still in it ?

Yeah but she's not aged wellm Tracey I mean. Makes her storylines where she's being seductive really unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I hear the Mods run a 'Bileometer' instrument over some threads to register the amount of bile spilled in case the servers are damaged or sommit.

I'd say the reading would be high on this one??

Just a heads up like lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Joan burton something about that contrary looking head of hers and her voice would just cut through you have to flick the channel anytime I see her.sandra bullock is another one just cant explain why

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    In fairness to her she has a first-class degree in economics and finance from UCD...so not a complete wag

But still a wag

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    But still a wag

I wouldn't buy into that 'first class honors' thing-I know a few folks with them, they work in retail and phone shops. One retrained because she never got a job.

And many folks won't actually hire you with one-it reeks of 'they can't talk to people'.

Makes me grateful I don't have any degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I wouldn't buy into that 'first class honors' thing-I know a few folks with them, they work in retail and phone shops. One retrained because she never got a job.

And many folks won't actually hire you with one-it reeks of 'they can't talk to people'.

Absolutely ridiculous post . There are thousands with degrees and honours degrees working in their field and well able to talk and havr craic . Pure inverted snobbery in your post .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Why are the honours degree graduates you know working in public facing jobs in retail and phone shops then? They "can't talk to people"!

But I digress.

I know a guy with an honours degree in automobile design but the car firms obviously won't hire him.

The "can't talk to people" just drips off him.

Instead they prefer to hire Joe Sixpacks with the following results.

thehomer.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

tupenny wrote: »
    That absolute YOKE whos presents the news on rte1. The 1 trump was into .. says it all
    P.s dont know her name

Yeah I miss Dobbo to be honest, the brown haired one that presented Crimecall is ok in the new spot, but I can't take to Catriona Perry, not a bad looking lady but I don't think it suits her, she'd be better as a correspondent.

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Yeah I miss Dobbo to be honest, the brown haired one that presented Crimecall is ok in the new spot, but I can't take to Catriona Perry, not a bad looking lady but I don't think it suits her, she'd be better as a correspondent.

Yes that's how I see it too, nothing against Ms Perry but she just doesn't seem to 'have it' for this type of programme.

I always seem to think the correspondents and commentators she interviews on the programme,don't seem to respect her.

You can see it from the body language and enthusiasm they give to their input.

Hope she does well but can't see her being a 'heavyweight ' in this field.

zcorpian88 wrote: »

Anyone notice how often Perry isn't in the studio? Like they sent her out to the Usa to meet-Brian O'Donovan? (Not sure I've his name right). And it was like 'could they not have skyped?' It seems like the lady's may not get along.

I really like Keelin, she has a warmth and is down to earth. It's what sets her apart from others.
    Perry never seemed to have a backbone-the Trump incident just highlighted her lack of gumption. Carol Coleman would have ripped Trump a new one Perry was playing with her hair.
    And if you were following twitter, you got far better coverage of the US elections, compared to Perry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

That Jennifer Maloney one. Jesus she'd at the opening of an envelope.

Anyone notice how often Perry isn't in the studio? Like they sent her out to the Usa to meet-Brian O'Donovan? (Not sure I've his name right). And it was like 'could they not have skyped?' It seems like the lady's may not get along.

I really like Keelin, she has a warmth and is down to earth. It's what sets her apart from others.
    Perry never seemed to have a backbone-the Trump incident just highlighted her lack of gumption. Carol Coleman would have ripped Trump a new one Perry was playing with her hair.
    And if you were following twitter, you got far better coverage of the US elections, compared to Perry.

Carole Coleman would have ripped sfa in that situation, my friend.

Let’s be a little realistic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Idris Elba... He comes across as an arrogant self absorbed prick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

smilerf wrote: »
    Idris Elba... He comes across as an arrogant self absorbed prick
    For ages I thought that he played Alan Johnson in Peep Show.
    tumblr_lsx87ih1MB1qgpfkso1_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

Me sometimes,but Leo the Langer varadakar mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Jimmy kimmil or Fallon I don't know but one of them bugs me. The smug one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Me sometimes,but Leo the Langer varadakar mostly

For doctor he's not the sharpest, the latest fkup for example. We have spent decades trying to move away from stroke politics and there he goes in front of the world and cracks a joke about it.... It matters not if the incident happened or not but the fact he went and said it on the bleedin TV in the bleedin white house...

Carole Coleman would have ripped sfa in that situation, my friend.

Let’s be a little realistic here.

Her interview with Dubya says otherwise. She did more in that interview than Perry has done her entire career,

Her interview with Dubya says otherwise. She did more in that interview than Perry has done her entire career,

She did an interview, cock, and has been living off it ever since.

Perry was ‘mentioned’ by the Donald as she walked across the room, totally different scenario, so how you can extrapolate that is, frankly, beyond me.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I still don't get the big fuss over the interview, she done her job with someone who everyone (most likely her too) considered an idiot, and it's considered a massive achievement.
    Her radio show wasn't the best, Christ some of the texts she used to read out made me uncomfortable that I held some similar opinions to them.

She did an interview, cock, and has been living off it ever since.

Perry was ‘mentioned’ by the Donald as she walked across the room, totally different scenario, so how you can extrapolate that is, frankly, beyond me.?

Why the insult? Seriously?

Coleman walked into the interview with a list of things she was not allowed ask-because Dubya only responded to pre-prepped questions. He wasn't able to come up with answers on the spot like his predecessor, or the guy who followed him. (and yeah, Obama was a guy who loved the media, but at least he didn't start two wars and leave New Orleans fend for itsself). Hence why it was lauded. Perry had a similar amount of time in the US as Coleman, and showed he had no spine-but then the usual folks tried to portray her as a victim-instead of the lousy reporter she is.

She could have done a number of things to show her mettle, instead, she completely screwed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Glenda Gilson

I don't blame you.

Why the insult? Seriously?

Coleman walked into the interview with a list of things she was not allowed ask-because Dubya only responded to pre-prepped questions. He wasn't able to come up with answers on the spot like his predecessor, or the guy who followed him. (and yeah, Obama was a guy who loved the media, but at least he didn't start two wars and leave New Orleans fend for itsself). Hence why it was lauded. Perry had a similar amount of time in the US as Coleman, and showed he had no spine-but then the usual folks tried to portray her as a victim-instead of the lousy reporter she is.

She could have done a number of things to show her mettle, instead, she completely screwed it up.

Don’t be making up insults please.

Apologies if you felt that was an insult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

smilerf wrote: »
    Jimmy kimmil or Fallon I don't know but one of them bugs me. The smug one

Taking Kimmel, once you notice him laugh and clap his hands you'll never not notice it!

Kimmel: "Hi Guest, welcome to the show"
    Guest: "Thank you its great to be here"
    Kimmel: "ha ha ha ha ha <throws head back and claps hands> ha ha ha ha"

Advertisement