Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Alison Spittle

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Alison Spittle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Pamela Flood-her new show 'Healthy Appetite' was on tv, and I got stuck watching it...

And I was reminded at how absolutely boring and bland she is. She's been off the tv for ten years, and wasn't missed. She comes across as incredibly fake and one dimensional.

(Btw, 'healthy Appetite' is absolutely gawd awful-I think one critic on the independent or irish examiner summed it up as 'guess who's ruining the dinner'. It's just so pointless)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

razorblunt wrote: »
    Taking Kimmel, once you notice him laugh and clap his hands you'll never not notice it!

Kimmel: "Hi Guest, welcome to the show"
    Guest: "Thank you its great to be here"
    Kimmel: "ha ha ha ha ha <throws head back and claps hands> ha ha ha ha"

Surely you mean Jimmy Fallon and not Kimmel??

https://goo.gl/images/tTQmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Alison Spittle

That's not inexplicable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

That's not inexplicable.

:)

I'm ambivalent about her. In one way I think she's not even the funniest person at the pub table but on the other hand I think maybe there's an endearing Irishness about her that we should be promoting, a down-to-earthedness that few nations can boast. I'm torn but latter-leaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Brian Ormond and I'll throw in his gormless stepford wife Pippa too.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Ellie Goulding. A face you'd never tire of punching ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Brian Ormond and I'll throw in his gormless stepford wife Pippa too.

Are they married or just partners? In the media she is mostly refered to by her maiden name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Are they married or just partners? In the media she is mostly refered to by her maiden name.

Married as far as I know.

I'm sure Brian's a decent enough lad but... no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jim Beglin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'm probably gonna lynched for this but Ronnie Whelan.. He never has a good word to say about anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't think there is anyone I inexplicably can't stand. I wouldn't hate on anyone without a good reason that I can not explain to myself.

Edit: Okay I changed my mind. Leo Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

smilerf wrote: »
    I'm probably gonna lynched for this but Ronnie Whelan.. He never has a good word to say about anybody

I’m not going to lynch you, terrible accent, annoying in the extreme.

Married-they showed their 'wedding' as a one of special on RTE 2...yeah, RTE paid for their flipping wedding... :mad::mad::mad:

It always annoys me how they promote their two kids, and barely mention the one he had not with Pippa. It's really something, she barely gets a mention when he was using her all the time before to promote himself. (Including on the Late Late Toy Show).

He's been quiet since all his dodgy dealings and the Viper knocking on his door-all while working for The National Lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Married-they showed their 'wedding' as a one of special on RTE 2...yeah, RTE paid for their flipping wedding... :mad::mad::mad:

It always annoys me how they promote their two kids, and barely mention the one he had not with Pippa. It's really something, she barely gets a mention when he was using her all the time before to promote himself. (Including on the Late Late Toy Show).

He's been quiet since all his dodgy dealings and the Viper knocking on his door-all while working for The National Lottery.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Surely you mean Jimmy Fallon and not Kimmel??

https://goo.gl/images/tTQmmm

Yes, the Fallon fella.

Apologies to Kimmel.

Another one for the list; Scarlett Johansen. Awful actress.
    Her Black Widow character in the Avengers is appalingly bad "oh you have super charged powers and in one case an actual Norse God, yeah well I have martial arts and gymnastics".

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yes, the Fallon fella.

Apologies to Kimmel.

Another one for the list; Scarlett Johansen. Awful actress.
    Her Black Widow character in the Avengers is appalingly bad "oh you have super charged powers and in one case an actual Norse God, yeah well I have martial arts and gymnastics".

Her Black Widow character has been written from well, to appallingly badly, in the movies she's appeared in. Age of Ultron was the one that had most people slapping their forehead in terms of how badly Joss Whedon got it wrong.

Johanssen herself popped up at the pointless 'women's march' with her 'speech' where she denounced James Franco-but she's worked with Woody Allen 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Kerry Katona.
    She came to Ireland to sell that herbalife crap, tried to scrounge a free hotel in exchange for publicity and starts fishing for a place on the next irish dancing with the stars saying she'll fit right in coz her daughter did work experience on the show before.
    Just get a real job you barrel scraper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The fella in the lotto ad that bought an island for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

That wannabe hipster wänker in the axa insurance ad. He must have the most punchable face in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭trashcan

Given the thread title I find it funny that most people nominate someone and then proceed to explain why they can't stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

All of the Kardashian/Jenner rats. I detest the whole lot they're parasitic tramps

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I inexplicably cannot stand a cashier in Super Valu ! I genuinely avoid her queue for no valid reason !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I inexplicably cannot stand a cashier in Super Valu ! I genuinely avoid her queue for no valid reason !

Jeez-what is with Supervalu and that 'one casheer'...similar in my local.

As far as inexplicable...

Will Forte-aka McGruber. No idea why-I just see him on Tv, or a guest appearance in a tv show, and I just feel the fun getting sucked out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

iamwhoiam wrote: »

There's a cashier in my local Centra. I try to time the queue so that I don't have to deal with her. If I mess up, I have a backup plan whereby I go to the alcohol section and pretend I'm thinking of buying booze.

Jaysci20 wrote: »
    There's a cashier in my local Centra. I try to time the queue so that I don't have to deal with her. If I mess up, I have a backup plan whereby I go to the alcohol section and pretend I'm thinking of buying booze.

The one I referenced abover-as in the dodgy casheer, always looks at me like I've just stolen something-as she scans my groceries at the checkout.

It's a very odd stare-a combination of 'he's stealing stuff' and 'I think he just pooped his trousers'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

There's a cashier in my local Aldi who I won't go near. It's not inexplicable in this case though. She's incredibly rude.
    Last week she was the only checkout open and I had to circle around again until another till opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Anybody who pretends that everything is alright with you then gets all mouthy and spreads lies behind your back on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

ancapailldorcha! Do not like Gilead defenders who disallow valid freedom of expression. Do not let the b******s grind you down!

Advertisement