Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

cms88 wrote: »
    As i've said before Anna Geary the answer to a question no one asked.

While it would be fair enough if she was any good at all these roles, bit she's actually terrible. I would ay there are more far better people, both male and female, than her who could do a much better job but don't have a ''profile''.

She must have those yoga pants welded to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭cms88

Pussyhands wrote: »

Well as we seen a few weeks ago she had an ''accident'' with them after a workout..

But she "fits the bill" perfectly for the rte 'agenda' , let's be honest, herself & dervla o rourke aren't overflowing with talent but they get tons of airtime.

Dervla O Rourke has to be one of the greatest spoffers of all time.

Was probably around this time last year she had a whole time about how to keep hydrated etc amd in the end the answer was to drink more water :rolleyes:

Donnacha O'Callaghan. Boils my piss when I see his face on the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Davy Fitz. Nothing remotely inexplicable about that. An unmitigated toerag. I'm just trying to get the full set of Ireland's fittest family after the Cork Karen's were listed along with the big rugger lug above.

• Advertisement

Davy Fitz. Nothing remotely inexplicable about that. An unmitigated toerag. I'm just trying to get the full set of Ireland's fittest family after the Cork Karen's were listed along with the big rugger lug above.

Yeah, definitely nothing inexplicable about dislike him. Plenty to choose from!

You'd swear he was driving to Wexford for the good of his health, not making hapes of money from it.

What qualities would you associate with this talent thing you struggle to find in people?

I "stuggle " with very little, thankfully, so to quote Simon Cowell.... " the thing with talent is....you either got it or you dont"

Yeah, definitely nothing inexplicable about dislike him. Plenty to choose from!

You'd swear he was driving to Wexford for the good of his health, not making hapes of money from it.

As I say it was in the context of 'Ireland's Fittest Family' and the other troupe of garish coloured screeching coaches, all from Cork. The quartet from hell.

However the Clare man takes credit for that 'concept' and consequently also as you put it, makes hapes of money from that too.

Meanwhile on his various missions around the country attempting to set various counties hopes back by decades with his hyper defensive nonsense tactics, he picks up a pretty package. Not sure Waterford are over it their stint yet and I hope Wexford have deep pockets.

As I say it was in the context of 'Ireland's Fittest Family' and the other troupe of garish coloured screeching coaches, all from Cork. The quartet from hell.

However the Clare man takes credit for that 'concept' and consequently also as you put it, makes hapes of money from that too.

Meanwhile on his various missions around the country attempting to set various counties hopes back by decades with his hyper defensive nonsense tactics, he picks up a pretty package. Not sure Waterford are over it their stint yet and I hope Wexford have deep pockets.

There's also been a few reports of Clare lads hving to retire in their late 20s totally crippled after his time with them.

There's also been a few reports of Clare lads hving to retire in their late 20s totally crippled after his time with them.

The mod will be on here soon but I've heard much the same. The 2013 all-Ireland was overseen by the expertise of others in the background, and it was obviously built on the success of the under-21 all-Ireland winning teams which provided the team and bulk of the panel for the senior success.

Davy jettisoned anyone who would take the glory as he was seething with jealousy. Tiny minded little man. Napolean complex. Oversaw the destruction of that team within 12 months! Beaten by a poxy intermediate standard Wexford in 2014 was humiliating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

The bloke in Limk who won €1million in the lotto. I can give many reasons why I detest him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

The mod will be on here soon but I've heard much the same. The 2013 all-Ireland was overseen by the expertise of others in the background, and it was obviously built on the success of the under-21 all-Ireland winning teams which provided the team and bulk of the panel for the senior success.

Davy jettisoned anyone who would take the glory as he was seething with jealousy. Tiny minded little man. Napolean complex. Oversaw the destruction of that team within 12 months! Beaten by a poxy intermediate standard Wexford in 2014 was humiliating.

Having said all that Clare were lucky in 2013. A tired Kilkenny lost to Dublin, took care of Tipp in the qualifiers before limping out to Cork. It wasn't a vintage Cork team, they struggled past Dublin in the semi.

People raved about the lovely skillful hurling in the AI final and replay. It was very pretty but the marking was non existent. Clare scored a goal in the replay and ran down the middle without a tackle put in. Once KK, 2014-15, Tipp 2016 and 2019, Galway 2017, Limerick 2018 and 2020 got their act together Clare would always struggle with physicality, bar John Conlon, Aaron Shanagher, David McInerney, Duggan they were a little light. Clare should count themselves lucky to have won a Senior All Ireland in the last decade. The 3 U21 teams 2012-14 were very good. But that never guarantees senior success, Like Limerick's 3 U21 teams 2000-2002. Or Tyrone U 21 footballers 1990-92.

Having said all that Davy is a whiny bolix with a victim complex. It's either he was bullied or his father or someone belonging to him. He's well able to give it but if he gets a bit back he's crying on the fcuking Late Late.

Having said all that Davy is a whiny bolix with a victim complex. It's either he was bullied or his father or someone belonging to him. He's well able to give it but if he gets a bit back he's crying on the fcuking Late Late.

That sums him up perfectly.

A man who's always been in the right place at the right in both his playing and management careers.

It's only a matter of time before he jumps ship with Wexford and leaves them in a hole like he's done elsewhere.

That sums him up perfectly.

A man who's always been in the right place at the right in both his playing and management careers.

It's only a matter of time before he jumps ship with Wexford and leaves them in a hole like he's done elsewhere.

Ah Lads, sure he must have his own thread here somewhere! He's the driver behind the covid - Clare - Wexford - HSE - row at the moment as well. Despicable.

Ah Lads, sure he must have his own thread here somewhere! He's the driver behind the covid - Clare - Wexford - HSE - row at the moment as well. Despicable.

Himself and Lee Chin were saying they were opening a restaurant together there over a year ago in Wexford.

Davy's a cute hoor. He's getting far more out of Wexford than he's putting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Wasn't he going on about how the championship should go ahead (despite Covid) and that players shouldn't lose out on the championship.
    Davy said this despite him having his own health issues (heart, I believe) and him being a major risk if he got Covid. But lads need to be able to kick/hit/ throw a ball around a field. Despite no financial incentive to do so.

https://www.the42.ie/davy-fitzgerald-says-there-has-to-be-a-championship-5183433-Aug2020/

Then he pops up on the LLS being all like 'Ah sure, this year out gave us all time to think'...
    That show where he was 'helping' those troubled guys out... To me he'd no intention of helping them. And he didn't.
    They were abandoned, pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If i had an arse like hers I wouldn't wear anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Himself and Lee Chin were saying they were opening a restaurant together there over a year ago in Wexford.

Davy's a cute hoor. He's getting far more out of Wexford than he's putting in.

Davy did well in his career, and has been OK lots of the time, but he ran on the field to row with a player last season, and that would be typical of him, rules don't apply to him. Also this Irelands fittest family thing is a whole lot of nothing, fitness is a personal choice, and levels of it could be dependent upon lots of factors, so it's kind of a paradise for people who like to show off, plenty of men and women are fit from physical work and don't need gyms or Instagram likes to justify themselves. Some of the gym goers are just big bloated goons who have steroids for breakfast and would be as weak as piss at most things, and others use it for leisure. But I never understood how it should be made into a competition, because it is a pursuit, or an interest, so it's not that interesting for most people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Davy did well in his career, and has been OK lots of the time, but he ran on the field to row with a player last season, and that would be typical of him, rules don't apply to him. Also this Irelands fittest family thing is a whole lot of nothing, fitness is a personal choice, and levels of it could be dependent upon lots of factors, so it's kind of a paradise for people who like to show off, plenty of men and women are fit from physical work and don't need gyms or Instagram likes to justify themselves. Some of the gym goers are just big bloated goons who have steroids for breakfast and would be as weak as piss at most things, and others use it for leisure. But I never understood how it should be made into a competition, because it is a pursuit, or an interest, so it's not that interesting for most people

It's sort of like 'The Biggest Loser'- you can reduce anything to entertainment. Biggest Loser was all about supposedly getting healthy. In actuality... it was a crash diet, and most people returned to their old habits afterwards.
    But it made good TV, at least until people started dying after appearing on the show. (Multiple factors, main one being people went back to old habits).

Ireland's Fittest Family, Operation Transformation... we all know most people go on that to get famous (even if it's only briefly).
    I don't even watch Operation Transformation, but I know people who do-and it was pretty much 'this person gained weight, this person didn't lose weight' etc.
    They didn't lose weight.
    But it makes money for RTE. Couple that with the 'sad stories' of why people put on weight.... and boom, TV hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

If i had an arse like hers I wouldn't wear anything else.

Filthy kernt!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Filthy kernt!!

you know I'm right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

you know I'm right.

I do….

Getting away from the " fittest family" cast that no-one seems to warm to..........FERGUS FINLEY..... columnist with the examiner........ find that guy SUPER patronising & arrogant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Not a nice person by all accounts.

Sharp of elbow I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭TheG0AT

Hector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Now that we've seen aunt Viv I hate her even more

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He has being mentioned here a few times and I’ve heard very mixed things about Davy Fitz and how he treated people.
    What happened between him and his father and bullying or something along those line?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Getting away from the " fittest family" cast that no-one seems to warm to..........FERGUS FINLEY..... columnist with the examiner........ find that guy SUPER patronising & arrogant

hes above all else , insufferably smug , a long standing labour party grandee and darling of the chattering classes in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She's in the media again a lot lately, something that seem to happen very often for some reason, but Derval O'Rourke.

I don't know what it is about her but she always comes aross as being up her own hole anything i've ever seen her on anything.

I really like Derval , seems very well rounded

• Advertisement

He has being mentioned here a few times and I’ve heard very mixed things about Davy Fitz and how he treated people.
    What happened between him and his father and bullying or something along those line?

An arrogant, spiteful, ill-educated, ignorant, work-shy, mindless, childish, boorish, unhygenic little ogre. If you don't fall in line, you'll experience the tiny man's wrath.

Advertisement