Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I says wrote: »
    I shall return.

Only thing I found is that you can be waiting between servings. I'm not fun to be around while hungry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Contractors who hold onto a cheque :mad::mad::mad:
    Lodge the fcuking thing ffs.

Or vets who ring you a year later saying they forgot to lodge them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

6 months is too long for a cheque to be valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Reggie. wrote: »
    I'm lucky as most of my customers (a few of them boardsies......You know who ye are ;)) pay me going out the gate and I issue an invoice the next day or within days from that (usually first quiet day or day finished reasonably early) but there is are a few that like to delay payment. Herself does be sick of running to the bank in the summer :D

In this case my payments are well spread out so no issues then throughout the year and everyone's happy.

But I have found that the older generation like to leave all the work bundled to the end of the year where younger farmers pay as each piece of work is done.
    Paying by bank transfer is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Contractors who hold onto a cheque :mad::mad::mad:
    Lodge the fcuking thing ffs.

Do a money transfer to them instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Only thing I found is that you can be waiting between servings. I'm not fun to be around while hungry :rolleyes:

Very common there, I seem to be unfortunate there, seem to always get a freebie for some mistake, juries still out.
    I don't want freebies, just want it right
    New forest out the road is lovely

Paying by bank transfer is handy

Yeah a few lads doing that now aswell. No running to the bank at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I'd say you were glad of that vulture at one stage

Not really. It took him 2 weeks to do about 4 or 5 day's work with a digger. He was outside the ditch from me and on hindsight I should have left him there. My regular guy was up the wall.

orm0nd wrote: »
    Not really. It took him 2 weeks to do about 4 or 5 day's work with a digger. He was outside the ditch from me and on hindsight I should have left him there. My regular guy was up the wall.

The good lads always are

Morning jobs done. Van washed and cleaned. Time to hit the road to do some Christmas visits/drop offs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

After getting involved in money laundering. Couldn't find my wallet this morning. I was throwing wet clothes into machine last night when phone rang. Never emptied pants pockets. Eventually found it after emptying machine. €50 note, cheque for €800 three bank cards and a few receipts. Cheque from neighbour so no problem there. I suppose cards would be o.k..

I accidently washed my father's pension book long time ago. Such a job - we carefully peeled the pages apart in front of the fire and managed to dry it enough to use. Woman in the Post Office got great amusement over it. I think she must have told everyone that came in after me. Money is handy enough to rescue as long as you don't handle it until it is nearly dry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

wrangler wrote: »
    New forest out the road is lovely

Big fan of New Forest. Had some excellent grub there.
    No distance out of the village. Tyrrellspass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Big fan of New Forest. Had some excellent grub there.
    No distance out of the village. Tyrrellspass.

It had a chequered history until the two that are running it now arrived, don't know what the set up is, but they built it up from less than nothing after the recession
    And as you say, lovely food

Just got a delivery of green diesel. They are working late

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just got a delivery of green diesel. They are working late

Price?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

FROM THE WEATHER FORUM:
    Forecast Update _ Friday 14 December, 2018 _ 8 p.m.

A complex storm system is approaching Ireland tonight and will bring heavy rainfalls to most of the country from around midnight to late Saturday. Totals of 30 to 50 mm rainfall possible, heaviest expected to be roughly Cork-Kerry to Limerick-Clare to Athlone-Sligo into Ulster but other pockets of locally similar totals in west Connacht and locally around higher terrain in the southeast. Some river flooding may develop, but the greater concern would be for poor driving conditions at times on major routes due to surface water accumulations and hydroplaning potential. Would avoid longer distance travel on Saturday if possible, or exercise extreme caution due to these conditions. Road spray combined with some strong wind gusts could be a hazard also. As to strong winds with this storm, they will certainly develop around its southern flanks but there is some question as to whether those very strong gusts will hit any portions of the Irish coastline or swing around more towards south Wales which is definitely going to get hit hard with gusts to 140 km/hr possible. Personally I would avoid any ferry crossings tomorrow if possible even if they go ahead. Rough seas and difficult docking on the Welsh side in particular can be expected. The morning update may allow for more precision about wind potential in Ireland but I think the best idea at this point is to expect some risk of strong to damaging wind gusts with the southwest to southeast coastal areas most at risk. The stronger winds with this complex system appear to be following behind the low pressure rather than ahead of it as is often the case, which means that the strongest gusts would be from a westerly direction towards late afternoon and evening, but if it were to strengthen rapidly then very strong south winds could develop at the same time ahead of the trough (as I am expecting will be the case for south Wales).

Expect some chance of this being upgraded to an orange alert in some parts of Ireland, perhaps more for the rain than the wind potential, but it will definitely reach that status in Wales where I believe it already has that warning in place from the UK Met Office.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Price?

€600for 820 litres. And 2 free calenders

73 cent

73 cent

What are you paying?

What are you paying?

Haven't ordered in a while. Will be shortly tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Haven't ordered in a while. Will be shortly tho

supposed to drop in price next week, if it's passed on

orm0nd wrote: »
    supposed to drop in price next week, if it's passed on

Drops like a feather rises like a rocket

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

70 cent for heating oil
    Have two tanks to fill

naughto wrote: »
    70 cent for heating oil
    Have two tanks to fill

Ordered heating oil on Wednesday, Monday was next available delivery date for that. Will look up what I paid. Paid in advance for kero with one company and put green on account with another place.

Ordered heating oil on Wednesday, Monday was next available delivery date for that. Will look up what I paid. Paid in advance for kero with one company and put green on account with another place.
    550 litres for 378 euro. Works out at 68. 7 cpl. Just topping up. Campus oil

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

How long would that keep u going for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

mengele wrote: »

They're usually 12 months :p

mengele wrote: »

Hopefully until February

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have to throw oil from drums into tank at rental, jez it’s a horrible job. Don’t want to order much for fear of theft.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Have to throw oil from drums into tank at rental, jez it’s a horrible job. Don’t want to order much for fear of theft.

One of the most hateful jobs ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement