Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Odelay

Looks like everything that is nice is bad.

Remember a bit of advice given to an elderly lad in his 80’s
    “John, if you gave up your beloved cigarettes you’d live longer”
    “No, it would just feel longer” he said...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Bord Bia audit passed this morning thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,210 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Bord Bia audit passed this morning thank God.

Did you give the inspector some pringles?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

whelan2 wrote: »
    Did you give the inspector some pringles?

Kinda funny you should ask. Had a cup of tea this morning with the breakfast. Noticed twas the last tea bag. Will i fly to the shop for replacements i says to myself ah no shur he'll have coffee. Down to the house anyway after the walk around. Will you have coffee ah no I'll have tea !!! Had a bit of a laugh. Said I'd have got 100% if there was tea in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Spending evenings doing a deep clean on house after dirty tenant moved out.

People are filthy animals and I’d rather be home cleaning my pig shed - that’s clean dirt as my father used to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

_Brian wrote: »

People are filthy animals and I’d rather be home cleaning my pig shed - that’s clean dirt as my father used to say.

Yea, I was at a English cousins wedding in their garden, they hired the toilets, they were high class, carpets an all, They were in sh... in a few hours.....to go to a friends wedding and do that
    Slats are too good for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Ye dont know the half of it. Its bad when you have the wipe the boots before ya get back into the van after being in a house.

We were just glad to get them out of the house. Didn't matter what cleaning up had to be done after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

We were just glad to get them out of the house. Didn't matter what cleaning up had to be done after them.

Saw a house rented to a Doctor and his family. (in Carrickfern)
    When they ran out of loo roll in the downstairs toilet, they pulled strips of wallpaper off the wall beside the bowl.
    Rubbed theur fingers in the wall afterwards as well ......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,379 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    When they ran out of loo roll in the downstairs toilet, they pulled strips of wallpaper off the wall beside the bowl.

Ffs

• Advertisement

The previous tenants left the house absolutely perfect, they treated it like their own which was great.
    This last lot marriage broke up and I’d said January was bringing a rent review, it all went to pot, I’d not been in the house in 9-10 months and it was ok’ish then, must have been an effort to do nothing since.

This is a house I built and we lived in for 15years as our home, it’s a bad idea to rent out a house like that, too emotionally attached to it.

Already have stream of calls to rent it, serious shortage of rentals now and rents have gone crazy.

There's no houses to rent in our area at all. The people who moved into our house had been living with their parents.

Yea.
    Friends rent a house out in Cavan, family moved out had been using sitting room as rubbish tip, 6 months of rubbish with nappies tossed in through it all.

And all I hear is more and more legislation being brought on to protect tenants :(

Handing someone a €300,000 plus property for a few hundred deposit and no real other protection or comeback when it’s abused.

Thinking of two months rent as next deposit. Would weed out more undesirables and give more leverage at the end.

And all I hear is more and more legislation being brought on to protect tenants :(

Handing someone a €300,000 plus property for a few hundred deposit and no real other protection or comeback when it’s abused.

Thinking of two months rent as next deposit. Would weed out more undesirables and give more leverage at the end.

We had relatives renting, they were worse than people you don't know. It's a minefield

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

You should inspect the property at least every 3 months but you have to agree the time/date with the tenant. If they keep refusing to agree a date you issue them with a 28 day notice of breach of tenant responsibilities. Keep a record/copy of all letters, emails, texts etc.
    @ Brian, a two month deposit plus a month up front is the way that I would go.

Base price wrote: »

Yea, that’s looking like what we will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Sounds like a contractor job and expense it. Life is too short .... for that sh*te

Base price wrote: »
    You should inspect the property at least every 3 months but you have to agree the time/date with the tenant. If they keep refusing to agree a date you issue them with a 28 day notice of breach of tenant responsibilities. Keep a record/copy of all letters, emails, texts etc.

A lot of work. Management agency a great job in this respect. Saves the headaches. Hands on Landlord is no easy job.

Hoor of a head cold here last week or so. Can't shake that damn thing

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »

2 young lads here had it, seemed to get rid of it, now back again ! Going through calpol like going out of fashion. Didn't get it myself Thank God or herself would run out through a wall.

Muckit wrote: »
    2 young lads here had it, seemed to get rid of it, now back again ! Going through calpol like going out of fashion. Didn't get it myself Thank God or herself would run out through a wall.

Like pressure in my head. Makes everything a little harder to do

Like pressure in my head. Makes everything a little harder to do

Sinus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Yea.
    Friends rent a house out in Cavan, family moved out had been using sitting room as rubbish tip, 6 months of rubbish with nappies tossed in through it all.

You couldn't be up to some people. Foreign family moved out of a house in Cavan town (up The Cock Hill) and when I was checking it, I happened to look up in the attic. Every fire that they had lit in the previous 2 years, they had put the ashes and clinkers in a plastic bag, knotted it and fired it up into the roof space.
    A wonder the ceiling didn't come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Chop two onions. Put milk in a saucepan. Add your onions. Simmer.
    Add ground up pepper.
    Then add a drop of brandy while simmering.

Drink while warm before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Chop two onions. Put milk in a saucepan. Add your onions. Simmer.
    Add ground up pepper.
    Then add a drop of brandy while simmering.

Drink while warm before bed.

A drop;):)
    https://youtu.be/hdiBG_TYZHA

Sinus

Don't think so. God only knows

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

You couldn't be up to some people. Foreign family moved out of a house in Cavan town (up The Cock Hill) and when I was checking it, I happened to look up in the attic. Every fire that they had lit in the previous 2 years, they had put the ashes and clinkers in a plastic bag, knotted it and fired it up into the roof space.

maybe they misheard the phrase "cash in the attic"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I was expecting you to say that, they burned the timber from the roof. Something I heard done in student houses in Limerick.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

I think I got 3 for 3 euro in tesco.

Back up to 3.29 per tub now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement