Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,379 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Back up to 3.29 per tub now

Thank God

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I could never stomach Pringles.

I ate some many years ago (early 90's) when they came onto the Irish market at a in house work party (no alcohol) and they spent the next few days trying to crawl outta my tummy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Base price wrote: »
    I could never stomach Pringles.

I ate some many years ago (early 90's) when they came onto the Irish market at a in house work party (no alcohol) and they spent the next few days trying to crawl outta my tummy :mad:

I got heartburn reading the posts here earlier. Had to take a couple rennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hoor of a head cold here last week or so. Can't shake that damn thing

Same as - makes me want to hibernate till Easter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,210 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Teresa May survives the no confidence vote. She must be working under serious pressure from every angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Teresa May survives the no confidence vote. She must be working under serious pressure from every angle.

Not easy with osteoporosis either!!

Look at her walking from the side if you can. She has a hunch in her back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    they had put the ashes and clinkers in a plastic bag, knotted it and fired it up into the roof space.
    A wonder the ceiling didn't come down.

What are clinkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Brexit is a poisoned chalice, she survived because no one else wanted to drive it on.
    I don't think there's a practical solution so they left it with May, she definitely is a stonger position now because of this failed heave

Not easy with osteoporosis either!!

Look at her walking from the side if you can. She has a hunch in her back.

A little bit of digging throws up that she has Type 1 diabetes which can cause osteoporosis and a hunch.

What are clinkers?
    Clinkers are the pieces of iron ore coal that haven't burned out. They are the big bits that you see in the grate.

• Advertisement

My own thoughts on Brexit are that it'll result in an all island one government ruled Ireland.

There's no other logical answer to all this.

You have the DUP even now pressing on May to go back to the EU looking for a no backstop deal which the EU at this moment look like they won't budge on.
    And let's face if the DUP get their way and there's no backstop in Ireland it's going to feck up northern and the republic of Ireland.

Hopefully sense will prevail.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Clinkers are the pieces of iron ore coal that haven't burned out. They are the big bits that you see in the grate.

Thanks for that. Living in the bog we've never burned coal. Every day's a school day!

I see that Voyager 2 has now successfully reached interstellar space following in the footpath of Voyager 1 in 2013.
    Anytime I hear, read or see any mention of Voyager I always think of V'GER :) - I'm showing my age.

https://www.thejournal.ie/nasa-interstellar-space-4387482-Dec2018/?utm_source=facebook_short&fbclid=IwAR3_sJ6keinR9jyTbD1bRxyR_W4qKIShONf9rS2Xig0IXhNj63NxJNftJPM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Fair play to her, her plan I reckon is to get her deal past parliament and then go back to the public to vote either remain or accept her deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Suckler

wrangler wrote: »
    Brexit is a poisoned chalice,
    Spot on. Always has been from day one. Vote carried in latent racism and misinformation.
    wrangler wrote: »
    she survived because no one else wanted to drive it on.
    I don't think there's a practical solution so they left it with May, she definitely is a stonger position now because of this failed heave
    Nobody could drive it on and they know it. The main thorns in her side (Borris/Mogg and their ilk) always knew this and continued to be the hurlers on the ditch.
    My own thoughts on Brexit are that it'll result in an all island one government ruled Ireland.
    "Romantic" notions aside; This would create chaos. It would take 10-15 year (my guess) for the ramifications of a united Ireland to really play out and settle down. Everyone and their mother is tied in to the civil service in the North, if not directly then by relying on contracted works. Having to deal with that lame horse would cripple our economy.
    You have the DUP even now pressing on May to go back to the EU looking for a no backstop deal which the EU at this moment look like they won't budge on.
    I really feel sorry for those represented by the DUP. They are the epitome of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.
    And let's face if the DUP get their way and there's no backstop in Ireland it's going to feck up northern and the republic of Ireland.
    I'd say more the North rather than Republic.
    Hopefully sense will prevail.
    The EU have thrown the UK a lifeline stating Article 50 can be revoked. Sense prevailing would mean they grab it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Suckler wrote: »
    The EU have thrown the UK a lifeline stating Article 50 can be revoked. Sense prevailing would mean they grab it.

and the mighty british empire admit they were bested by a group of little nations sitting around a table

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

A little bit of digging throws up that she has Type 1 diabetes which can cause osteoporosis and a hunch.

I'm getting worried. You are talking to yourself again!

Muckit wrote: »
    Time of the month??

If I don't reply to this does it mean YOUR talking to yourself Muckit? :)

It's not exactly as if you've never posted by replying to an earlier post by yourself.
    It's a fairly common condition amongst boardsie's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

After getting involved in money laundering. Couldn't find my wallet this morning. I was throwing wet clothes into machine last night when phone rang. Never emptied pants pockets. Eventually found it after emptying machine. €50 note, cheque for €800 three bank cards and a few receipts. Cheque from neighbour so no problem there. I suppose cards would be o.k..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I see that Voyager 2 has now successfully reached interstellar space following in the footpath of Voyager 1 in 2013.
    Anytime I hear, read or see any mention of Voyager I always think of V'GER :) - I'm showing my age.

https://www.thejournal.ie/nasa-interstellar-space-4387482-Dec2018/?utm_source=facebook_short&fbclid=IwAR3_sJ6keinR9jyTbD1bRxyR_W4qKIShONf9rS2Xig0IXhNj63NxJNftJPM

Some days I wish I was onboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

Muckit wrote: »

Well look on the bright side, at least the subject has changed ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Interesting study on the climate effects of organic farming vs. conventional
    You might want to think twice when buying organic, new study claims
    Assessing the efficiency of changes in land use for mitigating climate change (need a subscription to read the study in full)

Interesting study on the climate effects of organic farming vs. conventional
    You might want to think twice when buying organic, new study claims
    Assessing the efficiency of changes in land use for mitigating climate change (need a subscription to read the study in full)
    There's a few who would beg to differ.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-do-we-grow-microbes-soil-marius-willemse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭roosterman71

If someone said water was wet, there'd be some that would disagree :)

If someone said water was wet, there'd be some that would disagree :)

It's important to follow all angles though. ;)

There's a bible of articles in that link.
    And you won't read or hear about them down at the co-op. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,210 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Writing Christmas cards. Arghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭orm0nd

swap with you,

writing cheques here and another vulture contractor on route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Job for tomorrow night, hopefully. The thinking about it is worse than the doing for me though.

And it gives me a kick up the backside when I think about friends I haven't talked to in a few months:o

Getting wet here checking out an abandoned stolen crashed car on one of the farm's ditches.

Blues in attendance and it can be towed from the roadside. So all's fine.

Number plates removed and not a sign of the sinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Chassis No?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement