Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'm putting 2 and 2 together here as we had a lad around the yard here yesterday after we got a delivery of fuel they must be following the lorry

Worst thing is house hasn't been empty here all week because of sick kids. So we were most likely here when they helped themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,379 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

emaherx wrote: »
    Worst thing is house hasn't been empty here all week because of sick kids. So we were most likely here when they helped themselves.

Scary thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

I'm putting 2 and 2 together here as we had a lad around the yard here yesterday after we got a delivery of fuel they must be following the lorry

Was on way home once, neighbour pulls out and we meet about half mile down the road, when he passed our place a jeep and trailer drives out and up to the neighbours, I drove up too, there's yer man going around looking into the windows, I take reg, he tells me he's from Longford cavan border, but he didn't know a very well known large family there, ring the guards, they said we could do with chatting that lad. That crack of stealing fuel after delivery is going on here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Get some cctv in. Those lads don't like appearing on camera tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,213 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Some visitors helped themselves to contents of our home heating oil tank. Had just got a fill too for Christmas.

Did they siphon it out or put a hole in the tank?

• Advertisement

Siphon, best I can tell. Couldn't see any holes in the dark.

Putting the hole in the tank is the worst thing ever, if it spills, can be very costly to rectify.

gozunda wrote: »
    Get some cctv in. Those lads don't like appearing on camera tbh

Yea, I've cameras up all around the yard, because of how far it is from house. Didn't want to to have them up around house too... But maybe. Garda said to put lock on tank, but I think thats just asking them to drill holes.

Yea, I've cameras up all around the yard, because of how far it is from house. Didn't want to to have them up around house too... But maybe. Garda said to put lock on tank, but I think thats just asking them to drill holes.

One crew here put a pick ⛏ through the tank to empty it, my bil tank was thirsty so he put a camera up, this hand came from behind the tank and opened the tap, twas like the Adams family, f***ers.

And of course them siphoning pipes are easily got now at the markets.

• Advertisement

148multi wrote: »
    Putting the hole in the tank is the worst thing ever, if it spills, can be very costly to rectify.

This time 10 years ago my uncle died suddenly. He had gotten a fill of kero before he died. After the funeral they noticed there was no oil. The fookers had drilled a hole in the side of the tank. Bastards. Not only were they down the oil but had to get a new tank too.

Reggie. wrote: »
    And of course them siphoning pipes are easily got now at the markets.

And 12v pumps, they got a lot of oil, but no sign of much foot traffic on grass. I reckon they had a Bowser and long length of hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Some visitors helped themselves to contents of our home heating oil tank. Had just got a fill too for Christmas.

Balls, happened here few years ago.
    Put up a set of cheap cameras and no problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Better living everyone

Bloody nomads

This time 10 years ago my uncle died suddenly. He had gotten a fill of kero before he died. After the funeral they noticed there was no oil. The fookers had drilled a hole in the side of the tank. Bastards. Not only were they down the oil but had to get a new tank too.

Our local political representative went on his holidays, they emptied the tank. They rang the supplier and ordered another tank which they helped themselves to before he got home from holidays.

_Brian wrote: »
    Our local political representative went on his holidays, they emptied the tank. They rang the supplier and ordered another tank which they helped themselves to before he got home from holidays.

Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Years ago oil from the tank was being syponed off - never the full amount so it wouldn't be noticed for a week or so. Apparently some enterprising non nationals were doing it as a business.

Tank now behind locked gate, lock on tank and a camera pointing at.

Was there a lull in this carry on for a few years? Hadn't heard much of it for the last few years

gozunda wrote: »
    Years ago oil from the tank was being syponed off - never the full amount so it wouldn't be noticed for a week or so. Apparently some enterprising non nationals were doing it as a business.

Tank now behind locked gate, lock on tank and a camera pointing at.

Stories like that helped me decide to put geothermal in the house. No tank to rob here thank God. The green diesel tank is locked into a shed

• Advertisement

Few years ago local oil company had to let one of their new drivers go, they traced a pattern of full oil tank thefts back to his deliveries, he was tipping off his mates as to which tanks were full and suitable targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Grazing the long acre:)

Few years ago local oil company had to let one of their new drivers go, they traced a pattern of full oil tank thefts back to his deliveries, he was tipping off his mates as to which tanks were full and suitable targets.

Heard a few stories once around mullingar where they were tracking the oil truck. If it stayed still for a few minutes then they knew it was delivering

The driver was worse than his scumbag mate's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Does anyone here know much about fingerbar mowers, specifically a stupidly uncommon Viking mower? Father & Uncle are going to do one up and there's a piece missing that tensions the blade to the drive shaft. Described as "like a long flat bit of metal, similar to a knife or ruler, that connected to a bolt at the blade & was leaned back to tighten the blade in place" :pac::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Reggie. wrote: »
    Stories like that helped me decide to put geothermal in the house. No tank to rob here thank God. The green diesel tank is locked into a shed

Does anybody know anything about gas for central heating? Our house is heated by solid fuel, but I seem to be spending a fortune on coal and always running to co-op for bags and am thinking of changing. It occurred to me that gas couldn't be stolen but what are the downsides??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

KatyMac wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about gas for central heating? Our house is heated by solid fuel, but I seem to be spending a fortune on coal and always running to co-op for bags and am thinking of changing. It occurred to me that gas couldn't be stolen but what are the downsides??

maintenance, you have to keep them serviced by RGI registered people
    but no ashes!

Think about insulation.
    It May be a better spend in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Grazing the long acre:)

Very very long acre

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Have you an old house, I hear a lot of praise of external insulation in older houses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement