Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

OH's Christmas party. Said I would drop her to the restaurant - about 20 mins drive away.

"What time is the reservation for?"
    "7.30pm"
    "OK - we should probably leave around 7.00pm - I'll get the earlier train home"

The early train gets me in the door for about 6:50pm.
    The late train would get me home for 7.30pm.

Mad busy at work. Nevertheless, I leave stuff unfinished and get the early train home.
    7.00pm comes.
    "Are you ready yet?"
    "No"

We end up leaving the house at 7:30pm. I could have finished my work and caught the late train. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I’ve got a head cold and my ears keep popping :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Decided to play some red dead and there is a 5 gig update, you mother 🤬🤬🤬😠😈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

New Home wrote: »
    Major TA: I ordered two limited-edition books online. I know they wouldn't have fit in the letterbox, so I left a very visible blue plastic bag folded by the letterbox itself, with a very legible, very visible sticker on it that reads "For parcels.

Very annoying that the postman didn’t ring doorbell or leave a note saying package was at post office. But in fairness it’s not his job to look round your garden and see what notes you have written for him.

TA’d by the stupidity of those lists of names going round Facebook - People with these names are going to get engaged this Christmas / get taken on holidays / win the lotto. And a big list of people tagging each other with those names :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Marz66 wrote: »
    Very annoying that the postman didn’t ring doorbell or leave a note saying package was at post office. But in fairness it’s not his job to look round your garden and see what notes you have written for him.

It wasn't big enough to be left in the Post Office, but even so, the time it would have taken him to write the note was at least three times what it would have taken him to open the plastic bag that was on the letterbox. No rooting around necessary whatsoever. If you don't throw people's letter in the damp in the driveway when you deliver them (not you-you, Marz), then you certainly don't dump their parcels on the ground. Also, why deliver it before dawn and not the day before at the normal time?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

TA’d by the stupidity of those lists of names going round Facebook - People with these names are going to get engaged this Christmas / get taken on holidays / win the lotto. And a big list of people tagging each other with those names :(

This!!!! A million times this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Having to go out into the garden AGAIN to pick up the garden furniture that has blown over in the wind. Or maybe I should just call them decorations as I never seem to sit on them anyway.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

That's an inflexible stance to take.

The OP anticipated a potential issue and took pro-active action to avoid it.
    It's most annoying when you take the trouble to do that and the other person ignores it.

Another example
    Cherry Red's Creation Artifact CD set - released in 2015.
    One of the CDs [disc 2] had a fault with some of the tracks so a few weeks after release, they repressed it.

I waited two years before buying a copy. Purchased the set new from their website last summer. In the comments section of the order form, I asked them to ensure to include that the set includes a corrected disc 2.

Set arrives a few days later and I checked disc 2. It's defective.
    That's shocking service on two levels:
    1) That they're still selling defective sets two years after release.
    2) Even when it's pointed out to them at order stage, they still ignore a request to prevent a potential issue.

My lack of a backbone is annoying me.

You know that scene in The Omen when they check Damien’s scalp for 666?
    Well im pretty sure if mine was checked, you’d find “doormat” printed there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

If I'm watching the BT sport's app on my phone, it's live. .. but if I cast to my tv...it jumps back about 3 mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Channel hopping here.
    How annoying is Claudia Winkleperson''s fringe?
    On a scale of 1 to 7, it's 49, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Right, just found one.

(This has been in the ol brain for a while, and now thanks to the tv I'm getting it out.)

Perfume ads.

Oh you pack of pretentious pricks.

How can these pouting imbeciles take themselves so seriously.

Here you, pouty face, whats 12/3.....annd hold that pissy look.

fuking blue steel cntbags.

uuhhhh look at me i have cheekbones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My lack of a backbone is annoying me.

You know that scene in The Omen when they check Damien’s scalp for 666?
    Well im pretty sure if mine was checked, you’d find “doormat” printed there.

Don't be so hard on yourself...

I'm going to watch the Omen tomorrow I think :)

northgirl wrote: »

Thanks. I always say I’ll stick to my guns and stand my ground but I always cave in :(

I actually have The Omen on now, got myself in the mood for it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at headache incoming

Thanks. I always say I’ll stick to my guns and stand my ground but I always cave in :(

Brave women watching that :3

This year my tolerance level has rapidly depleted. Own it and as they say the more s*** you take, the more you'll get!

If I wasn't in so many pieces from last night I would throw it on now.

Also I can be a bit of scaredy cat so might be more suitable in daylight :pac:

Enjoy - what a great great movie!

It's a classic like. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I am here to protect them.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I am here to protect ye.

Ohhh tedo my hero

*bats eyelids*

:pac:

• Advertisement

Ohhh tedo my hero

*bats eyelids*

:pac:

I'll mind you too Sephy.

I am here to protect them.

And then a hero comes along...!!!!

And then a hero comes along...!!!!

With the strength to carry on

With the strength to carry on

This could go somewhere...

Somewhere only we know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My liquid eyeliner is too liquid-y! When I put it on it just leaks into my eyeballs and eventually gloops in the corner of my eyes. It comes out in gappy lines and when I go back over it to fix it it just comes off. It wasn't cheap either!

I love playing Skyrim but a few things about it annoy me. My companion keeps jumping in front of my spells in battle and ends up getting vaporised so I have to reload. I go to a town, buy healing potions and a frost dragon spawns so I end up using all the damn potions fighting it, keeps happening! Loads of the supposedly weaker enemies can annihilate me in seconds but I can defeat a feckin dragon pretty quickly. Rieklings are annoying little sh1tes!

• Advertisement

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    My liquid eyeliner is too liquid-y! When I put it on it just leaks into my eyeballs and eventually gloops in the corner of my eyes. It comes out in gappy lines and when I go back over it to fix it it just comes off. It wasn't cheap either!

I love playing Skyrim but a few things about it annoy me. My companion keeps jumping in front of my spells in battle and ends up getting vaporised so I have to reload. I go to a town, buy healing potions and a frost dragon spawns so I end up using all the damn potions fighting it, keeps happening! Loads of the supposedly weaker enemies can annihilate me in seconds but I can defeat a feckin dragon pretty quickly. Rieklings are annoying little sh1tes!

I married my companion and she got stuck in a gate in a dungeon and I left her there :pac:,you've reminded me I must finish the dlc :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The electricity going off for a few seconds on occasions during the storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I married my companion and she got stuck in a gate in a dungeon and I left her there :pac:,you've reminded me I must finish the dlc :3.

Haha! Mine keeps pestering me to "arrange the ceremony as soon as possible". I'm having second thoughts. I did have a dog at some point. He might have gotten vaporised too and I didn't realise. But I didn't actually see it happen so I've invented this little back story for him and he's happily wandering Solstheim with his wife and puppies!

TA - Penney's seem to think women are boobless and spaghetti armed. Every time I put on a top from there the arms feel kind of uncomfortable and shirt buttons open. I have to do a sort of "row row row your boat" motion to get the top to fit comfortably when I put it on. Which eventually puts holes in the armpits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Someone at our rehearsal made me cry because he was being really rude and picking on me. He's such a nasty person. The thing that TA's me is that everyone loves him and thinks the sun shines out of him. I wish people could see what he's really like!

I don't want to go to rehearsals anymore because of him and I'm sad about that because I love doing the musicals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA at being in between a size 10 and 12. Also that sizes vary so much, back in ancient times, when I did home economics in school, which included dressmaking, sizes were of a standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who see the world and situations in overly simplistic terms. Usually these people have no clue how the real world actually works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A package is on it's way to me via Fedex but has been sitting in Stansted since thursday night.

Of course I am constantly checking the tracking page only to see it has not moved.

Is some airport worker walking around with my stuff impressing anyone who spots him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

greencap wrote: »
    Right, just found one.

(This has been in the ol brain for a while, and now thanks to the tv I'm getting it out.)

Perfume ads.

Oh you pack of pretentious pricks.

How can these pouting imbeciles take themselves so seriously.

Here you, pouty face, whats 12/3.....annd hold that pissy look.

fuking blue steel cntbags.

uuhhhh look at me i have cheekbones.
    Best description ever :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Paddy Cow wrote:
    Best description ever

I liked the uuuuhhh look at me I have cheekbones bit. It's a grade A rant tbf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Rosie Rant wrote: »

Leave your liquid eyeliner in the fridge for an hour before you want to use it

Wearing my heart on my sleeve too much...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Go on, Northgirl, spill the beans... how did the party go? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Was in Galway today - everyone seemed to be walking in the opposite direction to me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Go on, Northgirl, spill the beans... how did the party go? ;)

Long story. Not well. I'm hurt and upset. Felt I was led up the garden path.
    Seeing someone but all confused, doesn't know what he wants. Ended up with a 3 am booty call call. Thankfully I was asleep..

My dignity is intact but its's been a rough weekend.

Game face back on tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Long story. Not well. I'm hurt and upset. Felt I was led up the garden path.
    Seeing someone but all confused, doesn't know what he wants. Ended up with a 3 am booty call call. Thankfully I was asleep..

My dignity is intact but its's been a rough weekend.

Game face back on tomorrow :D

Just tell him to get himself single and then you will go on a date with him. The 'Im confused' line sounds like he wants his cake and to eat it.
    But the whole working together thing is a potential nightmare.

• Advertisement

be walking in the opposite direction to me.

That's because the zombies have risen in galway :3 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The truth Seph, no doubt.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Phew! That was a close shave, Northgirl...

Instead of the walk of shame, he should do the "You should be ashamed of yourself" walk. Slight but very distinct difference.

That's because the zombies have risen in galway :3 :pac:
    The truth Seph, no doubt.

RIGHT! Time to scatter the rakes down Shop Street!

Just tell him to get himself single and then you will go on a date with him. The 'Im confused' line sounds like he wants his cake and to eat it.
    But the whole working together thing is a potential nightmare.
    Phew! That was a close shave, Northgirl...

Instead of the walk of shame, he should do the "You should be ashamed of yourself" walk. Slight but very distinct difference.

Yeah, I think he doesn't know what he wants and is playing with fire. I'll be having no part in that thank you very much. I've been through enough and put up with enough for that extra hassle.

Bang out of order imo. Maybe it's all happened for a reason to save me from myself. Especially the work thing on top of everything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,035 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone know who the girl is on 2FM that voices most of the adverts on the station?

She has got to have the worst voice ever on radio. So OTT and excited.

Heard her doing an Opel one there.....she sounds like she's about to burst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hozier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Hozier

A smelly stoner with 1 decent song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Videos that I want to see on Youtube are not there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Saddlebags.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement